pregnant with strep b

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

pregnant with strep b

Im 37 weeks and I tested positive for strep b.
I know its serious & I been praying for a healthy baby. Any ladies have strep b while pregnant?
Accordong to american pregnancy association, routine screening for vaginal strep B for all pregnant women between the 35th and 37th week of pregnancy (anytime other than this time will not be significant to show if a woman is carrying GBS during the time of her delivery) is recommended.

Please remember that the bacteria that causes group B strep normally lives in the intestine, vagina, or rectal areas. Group B strep colonization is not a sexually transmitted disease (STD).But babies of such mothers are exposed to GBS during labor and delivery and so proper treatment is to be taken during pregnancy.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

hi my name is nicole i have had it while being preg, and i have it currently I am to worried i might be pregnant but ive been dealing with insurance to get into affect and its a pain in my butt, I was also placed on antibiotics of caflex i hope this works, because im feeling symptoms too an also a slight fever, hope nothing comes of it or I might be catching the bug but hopefully i can get to a doc soon