pregnant with strep b
Im 37 weeks and I tested positive for strep b.
I know its serious & I been praying for a healthy baby. Any ladies have strep b while pregnant?
Accordong to american pregnancy association, routine screening for vaginal strep B for all pregnant women between the 35th and 37th week of pregnancy (anytime other than this time will not be significant to show if a woman is carrying GBS during the time of her delivery) is recommended.

Please remember that the bacteria that causes group B strep normally lives in the intestine, vagina, or rectal areas. Group B strep colonization is not a sexually transmitted disease (STD).But babies of such mothers are exposed to GBS during labor and delivery and so proper treatment is to be taken during pregnancy.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

hi my name is nicole i have had it while being preg, and i have it currently I am to worried i might be pregnant but ive been dealing with insurance to get into affect and its a pain in my butt, I was also placed on antibiotics of caflex i hope this works, because im feeling symptoms too an also a slight fever, hope nothing comes of it or I might be catching the bug but hopefully i can get to a doc soon
I have had strep b for 2 1/2 years, and was getting sicker from all the antibiotics, and new there had to be another solution. I tried changing my diet, creams, u name it, I did it. But it never helped. I still had the Itching, burning, pain with inter corse.  But I wasn't paying any attention to my other symptoms! IBS ( irritable bowl syndrome) fatigue, on top of the vaginal issues. bacteria lives in the digestive tract, right? Well I started to do research on that.  And come to find out, we are treating the wrong thing!  Bacteria that lives in our digestive tract can accumulate with certain meds like, anti acids, antibiotics, alcohol, diet ext., and cause many other problems in our bodies. At the health foods store they sell a peppermint oil capsule that opens in your intestine, and helps naturally regulate all of the built up bacteria, an ultimate flora probiotic gives you all of the good bacteria that will keep the bad bacteria under control, and an ultimate woman's multivitamin will help your body be stronger to fight of the rest. With plenty of water these 3 simple items taken daily will improve vaginal strep in just a couple weeks.