pressure and pain when urinating
I'm a 35 year old female who resides in central ohio recently diagnoised with overactive bladder for the most part controlled with Oxybutynin 5mg 3x's daily. I have had my doubts that possibly I may be suffering from IC. However my doctor doesn't feel the same. I finally went to a bladder specialist after fighting off freuent UTI's over the past 3 years. Did a 6 month course of low dose antibiotics to let my bladder heal from chronic inflamation from the UTI's. However after reading lose the wheat lose the weight I had decided to take a natural approach to see if this and other chronic inflamation processes I have could be treated naturally to come off my medications. I also suffer from restless leg syndrome, and IBS which I treat over the counter. After 2 and a half months being wheat free I came off of my oxybutynin for one week, lets just say that I do not have an allergy to wheat, and that wheat is not causing my other inflammation processes to flair up because all three processes were still going on for the past 3 months. If anything I have caused my bladder issues to flare back up with a vengance  that is tenfold worse then before and know I feel even after being back on my oxbutynin for a week that I posssibly have another UTI on top of the bladder spasms that are causing me pain. I have frequent pressure and pain to urinate with an urgency that has little results. The spasms come in intervals that come and go with varying pain levels. Off of my medication sex is too painful. I really don't know what else to do or try. I have had a bladder scope, ultrasound and x-rays. Other then inflammation in the bladder and 1 very small kidney calcifications on each side that my specialists doe not feel needs treatment at this point, there is nothing else my doctor was able to visualize that could be causing my problems. Please help...... Any related experiances would be helpful I just want answers and a course of treatment I can live with.
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include infections, inflammations, neuro-muscular causes, micronutrient deficiencies etc. Out of these neuro-muscular issues is a more likely possibility. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a urologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!