progesterone pills (given to start my cycle) and still no period after ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

progesterone pills (given to start my cycle) and still no period after four week

I stopped using the patch about eight months ago and still have not had a period.  After waiting six months,as directed by a physician, I did go to the doctor. After giving me a blood test, the P.A. put me on progesterone for 10 days to start my cycle.

During that same time, I had intercourse and with my "luck", the condom broke.  I wasn't concerned too much about a possible pregnancy because I had not had a cycle in seven months.  My cycle never came on.  I took three pregnancy tests, within 14 days of my "expected cycle", and they were all negative.  It's been a month now and my breasts are tender, constipation, tired, upset (sour) stomach, and indigestion.  Honestly, I don't know what to think anymore.

I returned back to the doctor (military gyno) and he told me to wait on my cycle and it could be up to a year before it's considered abnormal to be without a cycle.  I thought that was absurd. I am 36 years old and I have never been pregnant so I don't know what to think right now.  Prior to this, I have only missed two periods in my entire life and they were both due to an illness.

Anyone experienced this or had problems with their cycle after the patch?  Thanks for any assistance you provide!

chow
I just was wondering if you know about all the lawsuits about the patch. Apparently it is causing side effects that could be harmful so I would try to look into that if i were you ;) But i dont have any advise about your situation - sorry :)
Thanks for the information.  I was not aware of the lawsuits but I will definitely check into it.

Have a good weekend!