prolapsed cervix
kja
Does anyone have any knowledge about a prolapsed cervix?

I'm pretty sure that is what I have and I'm SOOOO scared and worried about it. I'm scared to even write the details for now, but can someone either let me know they have some knowledge of it, or tell me what they know about it? Some helpful things would be how to know for sure that is what I have, how serious it is, and what happens (surgically) if it is a prolapsed cervix. Will I be able to have a baby after this? Will this continue to be a problem in the future?

Thank you!!!
Hi you need to talk with your gynecologist.There are no doctors on this forum.I don't even know your symptoms,so I can not tell you any thing.More info please.TNT406
kja
I know there are no doctors here, I was just wondering if anyone had any knowledge/experience with this that could share it with me. And I did have an appointment with my OB/GYN, I just thought I would research more about it while I was waiting to get to the doctor. I guess I thought someone might have gone through this and could share their experience, or what they know about it. So thanks anyway.
The obgyn also told my mother it was from weight bearing events and putting too much pressure on the uterus (such as giving birth or heavy weight lifting) I don't know your symptoms but if you have not had children yet and are not a power lifter then I wouldn't think that it would be a prolapsed uterus. Just get it checked out and good luck with everything
I am not sure if you are talking about a prolapsed uterus or cervix, but my mother just had a hysterectomy for a prolapsed uterus. It is when the walls of the uterus collapse and some times the intestines and bladder need to be repaired as well. This is surprisingly very common in women and is not greatly talked about. You probably have friends or know someon who has had a hysterectomy and that is the reason why. My mother complained with a constant pressure and a buldge where the opening of her vaginia is. She ignored it for over a year and it only will get worse. If you are not very sometimes your obgyn can fit you with a diaphram that will help support it. I hope this is some help
I am not a doctor but I do have personal  experiences with a prolapsed cervix.  It happened to me 3 years ago at age 67.  The symptoms are when the cervix "falls down" and eventually starts to protrude through the vagina.  With me it just progressed to the partial
protruding stage  and I went to the Doctor about it right away.  Dr. referred me to a Specialist (Urologist) and I am since that time being "treated".  The alternatives I was presented with was to be fitted with a Pessarie (a disc the doctor inserts which holds the cervix and uterus in place.)  I have an appointment 4 times a year where I go in the clinic for removal and cleaning of the disc and placing it back in again..  I also undergo an examination at that time. A prolapsed cervix is not life threatening at all, so please relax kja.  To the question if you can still have a Baby that I can't answer but am certain that your Physician can advice you on that.  
The alternative to having a Pessarie inserted I was told is a Hysterectomy.  I am debating on that decision still.  At present the Pessarie 'route' seems satisfactory to me and if this continues  I will stay with that option.  I understand that in younger woman a Hysterectomy can lead to overweight because of Hormone deficiancies. Also of course, after a Hysterectomy you can't bear children any more.  
My advice to you is:  make an appointment with your Doctor as soon as you can so you can be stirred right on your way to recovery.
Don't be afraid, it is something that befalls many woman and it is nothing serious.  All the Best.

Lynn
My mother after she had her second kid had that disc put in to hold up her uterus. She then got pregnant with me! I have to warn you though after that she had to have a Hysterectomy.  I suggest if you do get pregnant that you have a c-section. My mom didn't! They can sew it back up instead of giving you a Hysterectomy.  They do it through the belly button! Just google prolasped uterus. That will give you all the information that you need to know!
Check out this site:www.womenshealthlondon.org.uk/leaflets/prolapse/prolapse.html - 14k

When you click on this site make sure when you're done reading that you click unto symptoms and diagnosis which is on the upper right hand corner!!

I think I have a prolapse uterus as well! If it's a mild prolapse (stage 1) it won't be at the opening of the vagina! That would be stage 2 and when it hangs out that is stage 3.
If you have stage 1  have your doctor examine you when you are standing up! Because things can go back into place when you're laying down

I just realized that you asked this question 3 years ago! Lol! So I'm sure you're all looked after now!
i actually though that i had a prolapsed cervix, and i was freaking out and crying, caause i thought i wouldnt be able to have children and im only 17, i read up everything, even looked at these comments, and everything matched. I found out that weird rock solid lump on the rear of the inside wall of my vagina, was actually just nature taking its course.
i just feel like an idiot now, because i was freaking out over nothing !
i hope this helps anyone like me (:
after trying all pessaries   i deciced to have the operation...76   years old...am i nuts????rectocele  uterus  bladder   all going south      no pain  not incontinent    constipatated   yes///     but it will continue to drop   sooooooooo   best solutin???