pubic hair bumps/OH THE PAIN!!!! HELP!!!!!!

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

I have not 1 not 2 but 3 hair bumps that have came up seems to be overnight. They hurt so bad. Can ANY ONE tell me what to do to ease the pain and bring these ugly things to a head?! I cant walk or sit for long periods of time.
i know its gonna sound crazy but do it.......put toothpaste on the head of each bump. i use to be a dancer and i had to shave everyday  and i would get bumpes from shaving to much. the acid in the tooth paste will dry the bumps out. and if u can do not use a razor get u some female eletric shavers i they do not irrate your shin as bad as arazor does and it works i promise!!!good luck
Put a warm wash cloth down there.. might help ease the pain for a bit.  If you are getting the bumps from shaving make sure you are shaving the same way as the hair grows.. usually shave down.  Also I know if I just shave then me & my fiance have sex the friction can cause the bumps too!
You can also use desitin to soothe (yes the diaper rash cream). My experience is a little different than the other posts though. I can't use cream removers without serious irritation, so I trim the area immediately surrounding the labia with women's electric clippers. Then I shave the rest during EVERY shower. If I skip doing this I'll get bumps.
Are you sure they're hair bumps? I shave regularly, so I occasionally get hair bumps, and I've never had the kind of pain you describe.
Sounds like ingrown hairs from when they stat trying to grow back but just can't penerate teh skin so they go off in the other direction.. I heard that if you use conditioner instead of soap or cream to shave with, that it helps, but I don't know if that's true.. As for the pain and all. Use a HOT HOT wet washcloth. Hold it on there and it will help to bring them to a head and drain which will relieve the pressure. You really should see a doctor (dermatologist)to have it diagnosed for sure though. Like Monkeyflower said, it could be something else.
Good Luck to you!
--J
After you shave if you use a triple-antibiotic cream like neosporin it really cuts down on infection and irritation.
yes they are hair bumps. had them checked out on wed. took a long hot hot bath last. proud to say that the most painful bump drained a fwe min ago.
another thing that helps hair bumps is when u get out the shower and dry off...put deoderant on the area then andn for a couple of night afterwards... i got that idea from a nurse and do it myself and it helps
I've experienced ingrown hairs from shaving. I found that this was easily taken care of by using and electric razor. Make sure you get a good one though, because cheap ones can cut your skin and make things worse.
put sum alcohol   ...........  then get a sharp tiweser and get all the hair ............try to fine the bump,,,,when you do brust the bump you seee eeeee   white stufff=     lol  ,,,,,,,,,,then blood....
im new to all this im 16 im freaking out about alot of things that i see on the internet. lol dont belive eveything u see but i still do. i have bumps as well and some times the white stuff then the blood come out then some times its just nothing its just there. so i was thinking could it be pubic lice just read on it just now before i posted this. also i know this is not part of the topic but i was having sex with my girl friend and i broke a bad commandment and guilt is just killing me so were alwasy using a condom and just one time i decide not to its just a few second i was in there lol and for some reason i needed to *** so i took it out could i get anything from just a short ammount of time plz help worriend teen
I have the same problem with in grown hair in the pubic area and it is very painful. I heard if u  drain it then pull the hair which is painful , but it will never come back in that paticular spot. But I'm about to go to the dermitoligist because I don't want them to come back in any spot. They are so painful and unattractive I hate them. I want to know how to prevent them from comming back. I've been getting them for a long time. It hurts for me to even wear my panties if they grow on a paticular part of my privates. They do wind up draining and going away but....... I still hate knowing they can come back.  
Shannon79, and Des_a_rae commented on Shannon79's status
4 mins ago
Des_a_rae commented on mhv's status
6 mins ago
pb95 commented on ribaby15's status
8 mins ago
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals