question about not ovulating??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

question about not ovulating??

I was just woundering how do you know if your not ovulating? Would you still have discarge around the time you would normaly ovulate? What do you do if your not?
The best bet to tell if you're ovulating this month would be
to use an ovulation kit.  I know it's now always perfect,
but it confirms my suspicions and helps me to know when my
next period will start.
Normally, a woman would have egg-white cervical mucus (EWCM) at her most fertile time.  It's the slimy stretchy clear mucus, usually very abundant.  However, if you're like me, you never have any EWCM.  So I used an OPK to detect my ovulation.  Some women do not have good luck with OPK's and chart their Basal Body Temperature (BBT) instead.  This does not predict ovulation, but it does confirm that it happened.  If you're not ovulating then a doctor needs to get involved; they can prescribe Clomid to help you ovulate.  But they probably won't help you until you have been BBT'ing for a while.

I hope this helps!
I personally couldn't chart well(BBT), because I wake up at a different time every day, and it takes me about a half hour of pushing the snooze button, and flipping and flopping to wake up. By the time I'm finally alert enough to use a thermometer, my body is no longer at it's resting temp. I used OPK's for awhile, and they tell you when you're about to ovulate, but in my opinion (and I've shared this before) nothing compares to my clearblue fertility monitor. It measures the estrogen AND luteinizing hormone levels in your urine. It also becomes familiar with the individual user's cycle, and adjusts itself accordingly. The best part for me, is that my cycle is off my mind. I was able to hand control over to my monitor, so I no longer have to track everything (of course I still feel my cervix, check my CM, and all that other yucky stuff--old habits die hard).
Aside from pregnancy the best way to confirm O is to BBT chart.  Some people think it's a pain (I personally love it), but it really is an easy way to tell.  OPKs only detect your LH surge, they do not confirm that O actually happened.  Many women, especially those with PCOS often have high amounts of LH, but they are not neccessarily Oing.  Also, your body can have all of the signs and still not O for some reason.  Look up some info on Fertility Awareness Method (FAM).  This will explain everything to you and help you get started.  Good luck.