random vomiting past 5 mo., matched with stomach pains

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

For the past 5 to six months I have been experiencing random vomiting accompanied by severe stomach pains. I always feel fine afterwards and inbetween the day's that I am not having this experience. I have been tested for pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, and pendasitis. Everything comes back negative. the pain that I get before throwing up in my stomach is alway's in the same area, and is sometimes accompanied by a headache (not always). I am considered to be healthy= eating right, working out, not smoking and I get sleep. It has reached a point that I am convinced that something is wrong with me, but I cannot seem to find out what. What are some possibilities that you think?
I don't want to scare you but my MIL was like this. She would go for months and be fine and then she would have 2-3 days where she was sick and throwing up. She had ALOT of pain in her stomach area. It turns out she had gallstones and had to have her gallbladder removed. Maybe mention this to your dr and see if he can run some tests to see if this is what it is.

Does it happen after you eat certain foods?? Spicy or greasy foods usually spark a gallbladder attack.
Gall bladder was my initial thought as well. It is nothing to be scared of. Gall stones are very common and can be easily corrected, sometimes without surgery. Go to the Dooctor and ask for an ultra sound, then they can tell if it is or is not. It could ve stomach ulcers as well.

Good luck :)
I am wondering what ever happened with your vomiting episodes?  I know it has been years, but I am looking for information to help my 17 year old son who has what sounds like you did.  He vomits randomly after eating, and he vomits his entire meal. then he feels fine. It's been going on for about 2 months now.  The doctor thinks it's Schatzsky's ring but that doesn't really fit the symtoms (symptoms).  any ideas?