rectal and vaginal bleeding
hi , i went to my doctor 9 months ago with rectal bleeding , a stool sample was tested and he said it was ok, no treatment needed, for the last 6 weeks i have had a very uncomfortable feeling in my pelvis and today i woke up went to the toilet and wiped myself and there was blood on the toilet roll from my vagina , so now i have blood coming from both orifices , i do not feel ill at all, i am 52yrs old and have not had a period for 14 months .
Honestly I would suggest going back to the dr to tell them about this. Did you have a colonoscopy at 50/when they found this bleeding? If not I suggest you ask for one.
Hello dear,

What color is the blood? Bright? Dark? Are you having difficulties having a bowel movement? I agree with the above person. You need to have another office visit.. a colonoscopy definitely sounds necessary.  You need to rule out any potential polyps as those can cause pain or a "full" sensation in the lower abdomen. I do wish you luck and good health!

hi thank you for your answers, the blood coming from my rectum is bright red  and the blood from my vagina is a browny color but i only see blood when i wipe my vagina, i cannot really tell  if im having difficulty with my bowel movements because i have been consipated all my life, i do have a full sensation in my lower abdomen , but not really any pain just a crampy sort of feeling .
Hello Angie,

You are quite welcome.. Bright red to me suggest an internal hemorrhoid, and sounds more so because you mentioned you've been constipated all of your life. When you had the stool test to check for blood it was probably negative because you're not exactly bleeding anywhere in your rectum/intestines. Do you still have your reproductive organs? I know you mentioned that you no longer have periods but this brownish colored blood from the vagina to me is suspicious of old blood that is hanging out in the uterus. The full feeling in your lower abdomen can be from constipation, ovarian cysts, a pelvic inflammation... I would suggest you see your female doc.. I am sure they would order an ultrasound to rule out cysts.. and perhaps a pelvic exam to do some cultures to rule out any pelvic infection/inflammation. You may need an antibiotic... Please keep us informed dear!!
Good luck!!
VQ