rectal bleeding

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

rectal bleeding

for the past year on and off i have been getting rectal bleeding it started off a small amount on the tissue and hurt to go poop but recently got worse and doesnt hurt im very scared ive got an appointment for endoscopy on monday but im really worried!! 2 weeks ago i had alot of blood in the toilet bowl and in my poop and loads on the tissue but now its just in the poop and abit on the tissue!! do you think it could be something minor or should i be really worried!! i went a&e they never seemed too worried but told me to keep my endoscopy appointment! what will endoscopy do what is it? please help me!!!!!!
If the blood is within the stool itself then it is more worrisome than if it is bright blood that is present on the outside of the stool. This would be more of an indication of a hemmeroid or something that is within the lining and tissue, not within the digestive system itself which is a boit more complicated and like I said, worrisome. Make sure to keep you appointment and get all the tests you need. Try to be calm and make sure to take someone with you as you may not be able to drive yourself home. My husband had simular symptoms and he ended up having Diverticulitis. He also had a precancerous cyst inside of the colon and he was in his 20's at the time. He was treated and the cyst was removed. He still has recurrences but all in all is doing well. I hope you have very positive results and are feeling better soon.
--J
Noncancerous polyps can casuse bleeding as well as hemorrhoids.  Colitis can cause bleeding, too.  My mother ahs had a colonscopy and does not remember any of it.  They give you plenty of Versed to make you drowsy and it also helps younot to remember what happened.  Good luck!! I hope it is all minor issues.
sounds like hemmorhoids goodluck.
thank you everyone for your advice im praying it is something minor! ive just spoke to the hospital regarding my appointment and theyve just said i only have an out patients appointmenton monday and im on a 6 month waiting list for endoscopy so im more worried now im trying to get it rushed through im going out of my mind i get married in 3 months and want to be happy and the blood is scaring me soooooo much!! do you think its more than likey hemoroids or something minor what are the chances of it being cancer or something just as serious? im so scared i dont know what to do i thought it was getting checked out 6 months is too long to wait!!
what if you called your obgyn? i know whenever anything is wrong or i am worrying about something, they usually can get me in quickly. i think what you are experiencing is common so they should be able to say what they think it is and/or refer you.  also, mention to call you if there is a cancelation because you are RIGHT, 6 mo. is waaay too long to wait.
i think your obgyn would be able to help you for the time being but you do need to seek out someone (as you have) in that profession.
hi im a 35 yr female w similar symptons    what happend with you?
Call and ask your doctors office if they have a call-waiting list.  This way when someone cancels, you can grab their appointment.
I'm 49 year old female i've had bleeding in my stool its eems like only when i hold it in to long its happened aout 5 times in the pass 9 months what do you think it could be
hey i'm only 17 years old and the past two days i have had bleeding in the toilet bowl after i go poop. its not in the stool its just pure blood that comes out with it. i'm really scared and seem to be falling apart because last friday i broke my arm in two places and i dont want to worry my parents. i dont hurt or anything. its just pure bright red blood that comes out when i go poop. what should i do.... i'm really scared and i dont know if telling my parents and havig to go to the doctors again is something i want to do because i'm embarrassed to talk about it. please let me know thank you
I can't believe you fear telling your parents over your health! What are you waiting for? I am not a Dr. but, if you were hurting when having a bowel movement that is one thing, but, you say your not. Hemorrhoids hurt especially when you wipe. Bleeding is so common with them. If you have them when you defacate you would feel a tearing feeling. External or internal doesn't matter, there painful. Sometimes the rectum tears when you are constipated with a real hard Bowel movement. See a Dr. as soon as possible, you should never bleed from your rectum without hemorrhoids. Good luck to you!
hi I am a 21 yr old female and I started bleeding bright red only on the toilet paper when I pooped a couple of years ago, but just barely on and off, so I never did anything about it, but for the past three days or so I pooped a little more blood, still outside the stool, but more than usual. it is still only a little bit and I do feel a tearing feeling when it happens. it feels like the poop is too hard or something when it is coming out and then it bleeds just a little bit. but now more is coming out than when it first started, even though it is still not a lot. Please someone help, I am really scared and really embarrassed to talk about it to anyone. My boyfriend and I are really close and tell each other everything but I am so scared to tell him and what if it is really serious?? please someone help.