Women's Health Community
rectocele recovery
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

rectocele recovery

I am 12 days post-op from rectocele surgery and still having some discomfort with my stitches.  How long should I expect this to continue?  No blood flow anymore just a very little bit of discharge.

This discussion is related to After rectocele surgery.
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I think it takes time to heal after a rectocele surgery.  I think you're coming along fine.
Your surgery was in Oct, how do you feel now?  I just has the surgery on the 15th of Decemeber......healing is taking longer than I expected, but I'm doing okay.

Is your life back to normal?  I'm wondering if I'll ever feel "normal" again.

deb
Blank
My doctor suggested that I have the rectocele surgery repair.  I'm hesitating because I've heard horror stories about the recovery and pain afterwards (from other posting sites and my Mom as well who had the surgery 15 years ago).   I've been navigating this site and it seems like people here are not spreading fear.  Just how bad was the surgery and post op?  Thanks.

Marian
Blank
Sounds like you and I are in the same boat.  I understand that perhaps if you don't go for the surgery, there is a chance of obstruction of the bowel.  I wonder if this is true?  Any help would be appreciated.
Blank
I just had a repair in combination with a laparoscopic partial hysterectomy.  I am on day 3 post surgery and off all pain meds except the Motrin 800 which is more to reduce swelling.  I would not have done repair if my hysterectomy was not medically necessary even though it was bothersome it was not life threatening.  Overall not in much pain from the repair.
Blank
I am scheduled for vaginal hysterectomy for cystocele and rectocele. Everything I have read said they have gained 20/30 pounds as a result of the hysterectomy including the ones whose ovaries were not removed. Have you had any weight gain?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank