repeat mammogram
Has anyone ever had to repeat a mammogram?  I had one Tuesday and my gyno called today to say they want to repeat the right
breast and not to be alarmed.  
I just got back from having a repeat mammogram. I was concerned when they called the day after my routine mammogram and stated they wanted me to go to a hospital and have further test the next day.
Even though I knew repeats were fairly common it still bothered me and started a lot of worrisome chatter in my mind. I have had 6-7 negative previous mammograms and no history of breast CA in my family but still I was tempted to imagine the worst
As it turned out the second digital mammogram was negative. When the technican did my routine mammogram she did not check for a mole(skin tag) on the outside of my right breast. So when she did the compression this mole got folded into the tissue and showed up on the film as shadow. The second technican at the hospital looked for the mole and placed a tape over it before she took the mammogram  so that the xray would not pick it up on the film. When the radiologist checked the second film it was completely negative.
So there are numerous reasons for asking for repeat mammograms and as you will read on other blogs on this subject 85%-95% turn out to be negative.
Hope that helps relieve some aniexty for you

I also got that dreaded call to repeat mammogram and ultrasound.  naturally your mind assumes the worst.   Turned out to be just a cyst.  No further treatment needed.  Try to relax  waiting is the hardest part.  When i got the call I switched to a new center that did all necessary tests on the same day and gave you your results on the same day.  Try to find a center like that  it can relieve alot of stress caused by waiting.
Thanks for comments     Helps!
Thanks for sharing your experience. God Bless.