rough sex and vaginal bleeding?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

rough sex and vaginal bleeding?

My boyfriend and me had rough sex and afterwards I noticed bleeding, not like I would during my period, but not extremely light like a lot of people describe it. There was burning and pain during that time, but it went away by the next day. I have bled every time during intercourse now (which is about two or three times), and usually stops completely by the next day. During these two or three time after the time we had rough sex I felt no discomfort. Im afraid of the idea of being pregnant because ive heard sex could irritate the cervix and cause bleeding without discomfort. Is it possible I have damage even though the bleeding stops and I don’t feel pain? And what are the cures doctors typically give for damage to the vagina if so?
Im sorry I meant to say above that im afraid that i could be pregnant because I Know sex while being pregnant can cause bleeding because of irritation to the cervix without causing pain.
Hey hun. I have that same problem sometimes, however I am not pregnant. My boyfriend's penis is on the larger side and if he penetrates me at a certain angle he hits my cervix and I occasionally bleed. I would not have sex for about 2 weeks to let yourself heal because you might have given yourself an abrasion? Also sometimes the skin around my vagina can tear and that causes me to bleed sometimes too.
I was having sex with a 67 yr. old lady and having a great time until she said; "your hurting me". Then she said it was okay and I drove deep again. When I pulled out later I noticed that I bled her, I was worried and she said it was okay again. I felt awful, so is it common for a lady to bled after sex?