rug burn on my labia?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

rug burn on my labia?

hi i just joined because i have a unexplainable problem that no one else can answer! it all started when i went to the beach, which is really nothing new, but i laid in the sand right where the waves come washing up. I got a lot of sand in my bikini bottoms(it looked like a diaper!) i went into the water and dumped out all the sand. then i went running around playing with my dog and boyfriend. when i got home my labia were irrated but didnt bother me that much. I had intercourse with my boyfriend and wasnt lubed very well. the next day i woke up and my labia hurt! i had my boyfriend check it out and it looks like i got a rug burn on my lips! it has the same burning sensation as a rug burn and the skin looks rubbed off. i think it might be chaffing from the sand in my bikini bottoms. how do i take care of this? shoud i be worried? help please! thanks
Soak in a tub to be sure you have all the sand out of the crevices, then put on some kind of soothing ointment.  It should heal pretty rapidly.
the thing is that it hurts to even wash! i did wash with soap b/c i hate feeling dirty down there. do you know what type of ointment? i just want it to help it heal faster! thanks
I'd use Neosporin or just a good emollient skin cream.
You could have swimmers itch  go to your doctor and they will be able to perscribe you with cream to put down there or you can even try zinc wich you can find in the baby section  it might get rid of the rash burn
Rather than use soap because that could irritate it more use sorbolene cream to bathe it. I don't know if you have Savlon cream over there but it's fantastic. It's an antiseptic cream but is also good for inflammation. I am never without a  supply.