sensitive clitoris

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

sensitive clitoris

When i took a shower yesterday it felt funny when i wipe the area around my clitoris. It feels like my clitoris is extra sensitive now and it wasn't always like that. Last weekend i used a personal cleansing cloth one time. Could i be having some kind of reaction? The area also itches a little and when I was drying myself with a towel it was uncomfortable. I don't get the same feeling when i wipe myself after using the bathroom. Is it normal for my clitoris to become more sensitive? Everything looks normal though so what could be causing this? Has anyone ever experienced this? Its not really bothering me but i just want to know why its like this.
i sometimes get the same thing, and like you i have no idea what its from, but it usually only lasts about 2 days tops, it could be from the cloths u used but i dont think it would have taken a week 2 show up. i would think as long as there isnt any discharge or major irritation it should b ok, but if it lasts for more than a few days or becomes bothersome i would recommend calling your doctor or his nurse even. good luck
I think I get that too.  Is it kind of painful when wiping???  I find that also and like C-Diva it lasts a couple days.  I don't know what it is either.  At least you know you are NOT alone LOL!!!!
So what causes this?
I first started with these same symptoms about 5 years ago. I wasn't eating but once a day, and lost about 30 pounds. Which was good, but I had a clear watery discharge along with the somewhat sensative clitoris. It felt like I was peeing sometimes, and even wore a pad. The smell grosses me out. I can remember while takin an anatomy class my instructor said something about when women do not eat right they can lose muscle mass which is lost through a discharge with an odor. I just wish I paid more attention in class. Could it have something to do with nutrition do you think? Or do you think it is bacterial? I haven't had a pap done for about 11 years. I am finally going this month and need to know what exactly the right questions are. You guys are my non-judgemental answer to these imbarressing questions. I work on cancer unit in our local hospital so everything that I do makes me worry, because I've seen alot and I always wonder why some of these people wait so long to get treatment when they know something is wrong...well, I'm here to tell you, I am one of those people who thinks if you wait long enough it will just go away. To bad that isn't how it really works.
About 3 years ago I would start to get these uti's like everyday for about a week, then they will go away. They keep coming every year it seems like, but i dont think its a uti because my clitoris is so sensitive, when i wipe it bothers me, when i walk alot it bothers me, ive been to the doctor and it tested out to be a uti, but if i had a uti why is my clitoris so sensitive. The only releif i get is to sit in hot or warm water in the bathtub and it will go away for a little, antibiotics helps too, but y do they keep coming back, all i drink is water. Please help me. Its worring me to death.
I HAVE A VERY SENSITIVE CLITORIS,WHEN I SIT DOWN OR WEAR UNDERWARE, IT REALLY BOTHERS ME HELP WHATS WRONG.