seriously, are large labias sexy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

seriously, are large labias sexy?

Im thinking about having sex for the first time, but i have a large labia.

is it really a turn on?
be very honest please.

im not a kid, i can take the truth.
Tags: sexy?, sex, truth
I honestly wouldn't worry about it!!!! Seriously!

When you're having sex, the guy (unless he has a fetish) is not paying that much close attention to your labia. After you get comfortable with him, you may eventually do oral - but again, most guys are so happy to be with a woman - he could care less about body flaws.

You can always have sex with the lights off...less pressure.
yeah i really wouldnt worry about it. he should only be so lucky to be able to get with you! thats what i would think anyways. theres a chance hes worried about something on himself too.
thanks guys!

i dont know its just really embarassing but i love my boyfriend so much.
can i have some guys input?
First of all, WHO says it's a "flaw"! I can tell you this much-MY husband acts as if it's something that he feels lucky to have gotten in me. He says his last girlfriend had NO labia(barely there) and that it feels TEN TIMES better for him with ME because of my larger labia. So THERE to all of you who call it a flaw!? It's more like you're lucky to have it. It's an ENHANCEMENT, NOT a hindrance... HELLO!? Kind of like a guy who has a larger penis---we all know that guys want the largest penis he can possibly have, right? Well, it certainly is NOT a flaw, that's ridiculous! MEN LOVE IT....   =) Enjoy!
I have had large labias all my life.. When I first had my baby the doctors actually smirked and looked at my hubby.. Then the guy sewing me up made a comment.
I had my second child delivered by midwifes nothing said...
My third child was born the midwife and doctor both made comments about how big they were.. the midwife actually said how odd..
I am so embarrest by them I would love surgery still and I am now 43.
I get so embarrest when I go for smear tests or anything else down below..
My hubby says they are big but he is used to them.. But the thought of anything happening to my hubby and me having to start a new relationship scares the life out of me.. I feel so different
im 15 and my labia minor. are long and strethy. its really embarrasing. im afraid to have a guy look at my vagina cuz i think he'll be grossed out. ive been researching alot if guys like it or hate it and honestly most said they love it. it makes me feel a little better, but im still really embarassed and grossed out. Its not just about the guys either, i hate seeing myself naked at all. it really lowers my self confidence
oh my god honey. If he really stares at it and says "ew I dont want to do anything with you because your labia is big" then he is RETARDED. like seriously who looks at those thingss??? your vagina is OBVIOUSLY an embaressing part of your body already and everyone's is different. i have shaving bumps on mine and no one has ever said anything. don't worry. some guys might think its sexy!! but i really don't think they will stare at it and tell u what they think!
wtf is a labia?
Go here to find what "labia" is -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labia_minora

hollister_babe, as to some input from a guy, no, the size of a girl's labia would have no effect on my feeling for the girl.  As somebody else recently said on these forums, most sex occurs between the ears, i.e., in the head.  

I haven't actually even seen large labia (um, outside of computer-based porn photos) but I could imagine that it could possibly enhance sex for a couple.

But, as they say "it ain't what you have, it's what you do with it that counts!"
From a man....never ever be ashamed of large labia. Most men find it extremely sexy and stimulating when a woman has a little meat (or a lot for that matter ) hanging out down there. I call it prosciutto. john_o_hara***@****
i am a guy and i think large labias are very sexy and are a turn on
I am a guy who is in fact married to a woman with large labia. she too is a bit embarrased by them, and none of you should be. I find that large labia are EXTREMELY beautiful and a huge turn on. One of the real shames of this world is the popularity of vaginoplasty. Ladies, unless you have had some injury, or they are so large that they actually cause you physical pain, PLEASE leave them alone, embrace them, be proud of them. They are the center of your sexualiy and they are beautiful. And kaylensmommy, All guys notice them. Any man who claims not to notice them, or who doesn't appreciate them is either lying to you, is too new at life in general to know what he wants, and probably wouldn't know what to do with it if he did, or he isn't all that into what you have in the in the first place if you catch my drift. best of luck to you.
Hi. my name is Mandi. I have a labia and it is there but it is not even that big. My ex boyfriend dated the "clam" vagina look. For some who does not know what that is it basically is just a hole. He and I broke up on very bad terms and he always picked on me about my labia. Then i got with another boyfriend who did not even know what it was he had also been with the "clam" type. Are labias rare and are they ugly?
Dont ever think its a bad thing , a large labia is a beautiful thing , we are lucky to have them, some men question them but I have never had anyone say a bad thing, most men love to play with them, most Men LOVE the way they feel. I am proud of mine and would never change them, to many ppl have insecurities about outward apearance but honestly, be proud of what you have, if your positive and happy with yourself 9 times out of 10 your Man will be also...keep smiling and be secure cause I promise you most men enjoy the large labia...BE PROUD
They are the sexiest thing ever
As a sexually experienced male, I would like to give some assurances that  larger labias are not as uncommon or unusual as those with who have them may think. Secondly, most guys will either fail to notice or fail to care about the size. Thirdly, those which do notice will find that it to be an enhancement rather than a 'flaw'.

Long live the large labia!!!
I came across this site by complete accident but found it interesting and read it because i also have a large labia. It was something i had never thought about before my ex. He wanted me to have surgery because there were times that it would get in the way (very painful for me) and he didnt like me moving everything. I have also heard one other person make a comment about women in general having large labias and that still didnt make me think twice. I have been seeing a gyn since i was 15 and have had a child and no doctors or nurses have ever commented on it. I have come to realize that it is actually pretty normal, it is not a flaw and i really hope that any of you that do feel bothered by it eventually do feel better, hopefully just knowing that it isnt abnormal will help. Plus i really dont think many guys pay that much attention to it.
Let me tell u its dammmm sexy, hot attractive kinky and i wish i could find someone like this its such a turn on for me, i have had many woman in my days as i love the female anatomy its the best thing god created in this world, but i have never experienced someone like u and i would give anything to experience it, holler at me at ***@**** for further discussions .
My husband loves my long inner vaginal lips.Only issue I have with them is I can't shave 'cause my long hair actually seems to cushion them in my panties, preventing chafing.
I wish I could have you, just for that Labia minora. it is very pleasurable. believe me. I love sucking it the most.
Uff, i read more than 200 posts on big labia's topic! have to admit how much more man knows&adore about us woman! all men's comments were as dessert :) bravo to gentlemen! while we ladies want something small in our brains from our childhood still... TILL right time comes and we discover why those big inner lips are needed and so great!!! and i'm sure - your days are front of you: it's so much fun & pleasure what woman can receive from man thanks to labia!!!Some men already described it very well:))) no need to repeat what man can do with labia! LADIES, IT'S WOWWW and for man it is most important that you are truly pleased & excited! :)

I'm in 30-ies. and honestly i only lately discovered that actually vagina and penis are big Creator's art and in a special way beautiful and masterpiece for having love. I thought like mostly women that why we have such 'ugly' vagina and labia?mine is bigger too, and now i love it!!! - could not imagine that in my 20-ties! Relax our minds and enjoy what nature gave when right time comes!;)

Yes, don't loose virginity (both genders) without thinking, waiting and preparing! in young age you can get only mental traumas what you don't need in your life! You are a human not an experiment for someone!
Girls can be so cold or vulgar or sharp that young man can be easily hurted and get scars for life... And the same vise versus - what boys understand in young ages about woman's intim organs & needs?? let them develop and get mature as MAN when he is ready to show love you deserve! He don't need to learn anything on you and collect experience!!! When 2 halves meet they are perfectly anatomically made for each other and instinctively knows what to do and enjoy sexual growing&discovering process together! No need to be perfect because with all your many "faults" u are already perfect for each other.

Lucky girls who found these posts - look , how many we thought something is wrong with us!!! but no, it's just missing knowledge... ALL VAGINAS & LABIAS ARE OK OK OK  and kind of lottery what we are getting with all tastes, smells, textures... just follow of course everyday's hygiene & respect:) Young ladies i understand you get shock with body's changes, shy to talk about this topic and many years keeping inside worries, scare & missing confidence.
     It's my case too... i lost virginity in 18 (now i would say early!) with long time bf, he was good young man at the same age but in sex he hurted me without realizing so much by asking what i have 'there' and why... i suddenly felt like sick & abnormal but before i did not even imagined that something is 'wrong', i did not know what it is, just is! We had some more intimacies and i knew he loves me and accept me the way i am but inside i had pain that he would wish me a different maybe!? and soon from my side our love ended but It closed me for many years to go in new relationship because i got shy! i felt sexy always but protected that area as prison. Later i discovered men don't wonder what it is... my doctor also didn't say anything (once i asked and she replied most woman have it out of outside lips in different sizes & ways) but i just couldn't get relaxed inside... i always quit guys after having 1-3 sex times and not because something went wrong but because i was scare to be hurted & laughed at, and i naturally run away from relationships. But once one great man changed my attitude....... one man/bf touched them and immediately got excited with shiny eyes and said oohhh, i want kiss u there pls now!!!!!... he did it with such love and joy that we both discovered new levels of intimacy. I first time open up to someone and said how i felt about my body... he was shocked and appreciated a lot that i told him and loved & got crazy even more for my big labia by lucking, sucking, pulling etc, that was heaven for me! :))) I got assured how beautiful and sexy woman i am! We are no longer together for other reasons not sexual, but i finally love totally all my body, don't want cut anything and so happy for what i have and don't want any other magic labia than i have! Now i'm super confident:))) And glad for peace inside i have... and want give my vagina, my labia, my boops, all me only to my husband! less sexual memories u have from previous partners better for you both!!!
God bless all women & men

----------
and bytheway, for men indeed have different penis as we ladies have labia! :)) - different sizes, forms, textures, angles, even colors! Wouldn't you love your man with any penis??? you would not want other penis as he have! because it is his unique penis!
you care not one specific detail but all in common, mostly his/her PERSONALITY, character, values, attitudes, charm, lifestyle...

If we are so worried about our labia you can only imagine how worried are men for his important 'friend'... but they keep it deep inside and fight with - am i great man for her?!
Women are responsible to show how much we love the way they love&pleasing us :)
I am a man... I LOVE BIG LABIAS!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE and LOVE!
They are  SEXY and BEAUTYFUL! Yes!!! I know, what I tell... ^)))
What the heck is going on over there? I repeat, what I wrote in a famous German women's journal. Who really has complaints about the issue must operate and may need surgery.  But many of those who did,  have different experiences. The recommendations to surgery of labia serve a medical industry, which has nothing to do with medicine, but everything  with industry. Probably none will look, because you yourself always think, that somebody may be looking. But the look is not as interesting as one might think. But the fact is, that if you think like this, it makes a cosmetic medical species rich, that has disposed  Hippocrates in the trash. I am a man and need not have the "courage" for a most unnecessary surgery, which is  nothing else than an allowed injury. I am a doctor too, and I've been thinking and given advice a long time. Therefore, I find it appalling, how easily  women can  be convinced too unnecessary surgery by – as I call them -  ballcarriers, who would never take a pill for men and  never would think of surgical scrotum shrinking, which is undoubtedly placed  where the labia minora are, isn´t it? Those, who do not yet believe, should watch the Tour de France and other major cycling events. Have you ever heard of a recommendation for correction of scrotum or testicles for  male cyclists or  for those who sit on the cycles in fitness studios or on bikes?  Then you should think again and like me, firstly  demand the correct scrotum and testicles for all those guys, before  women again sacrifice a piece of themselves on the altar of cosmetic surgery, where the high priests are to nearly 100 % ballcarriers, who check, when they put their hand to their heart, the place of the money bag. I'm curious what the ballcarrier species will think to be the next cosmetic operation need for women, not for themselves, of course! My suggestion would be, to sew the ears together at the back of the head. That might make a thin face. And now, let ´ s finish the discussion and excuse if something is translated badly.
In response to Shezzy  and I am not sure why you felt the need to write such insults with an extreme limited view on the subject.  Every person has different tastes and every woman should be proud of what they have and never alter that with surgery unless a true medical condition requires it.  You may personally not like or have yet to experience sex with a woman that is blessed with a large labia and that is your right, but to insult women and accuse men of lying because they do not agree with your limited experience is unneeded.  

Media and cruel insults by people with the low self esteem that forces them to hurt others just to feel good is why so many go through such painful surgeries.  Each person is supposed to unique and what we are born with is beautiful.  No person should alter anything just to be accepted by others and changing yourself to be accepted by another should make you reconsider that relationship.  
SOME FACTS
A lot of men are indeed turned on by a larger labia.  Why because it is a strong suggestion of sexual arousal!  The larger labia also offers more stimulation to men as they rub or wrap around his penis You may need to further research your limited views on this subject.  Even porn sites have large labia porn because PEOPLE LOVE THEM. Playboy and other soft porn media do not show large labias not because they are less appealing or unattractive but because they are TOO sexually explicit and only shown in media that approves such sexual images.  

A larger or hypertrophic labia actually has 50% more nerve endings.  THis means WE get to ENJOY 50% more pleasure.  That I would not trade for anything!

Some research
http://hottentotapron.blogspot.com/p/functions-of-labia-minora.html