severe acne after miscarrage
I'm 24 years old and I'm currently battling severe cystic acne. I've tried everything and just can't get rid of it. In my teens I was on birth control and only had an occasional pimple while on my period. I quit taking the pill a year ago.
My skin was fine until I got pregnant in december 08. Then in Febuary I had a misscarrage at 10 weeks and I had to have a D&C. Ever since then, my acne has gotten worse! It seems like as soon as one pimple goes away, 2 more pop up! They hurt and I feel ugly. I don't even want to leave the house anymore. My skin has also been way more oily since the miscarrage as well. I've tried differin gel, benzaclin, proactiv, and acne free. Nothing seems to really help! I thought maybe my hormones were still off balance but it's been over 4 months since my D&C. I've been thinking about trying accutane and putting off trying to get pregnant for another year or so. I just don't know what to do! Any suggestions? What is going on with me?
It the hormones.(yeah it *****) I never really had ache problems in my teens but as soon as I got pregnant my face started getting loaded with them(yay..lol) For me, it stopped being so severe about 6 months after having my son, but i'll still get it occasionally(more so than in my teens which is bizarre imo) And with my second child it was the same thing, and she is 4 months old and I am still having the acne problems so i would either go to a dermatologist to get maybe a prescription med or just wait it out.

Try your best NOT to squeeze them or scratch them like crazy though, i know it's hard, but with cystic acne especially you can get scars this way(and there's no way to get rid of them). But it is temporary, so i would recommend waiting it out. Oh and don't touch your face all day unless you wash your hands first. And try and use oil free make up, and if you use acne meds use them in the morning AND at night.

It ***** I know, but it will go away! Good Luck :)