severe burning during menstrual cycle with vestibulodynia?
i have recently been diagnosed with vestibulodynia and have gotten my cycle. it is horrible and painful. i was prescribed an estradiol/lidocaine ointment. it is not helping right now. i have burning rawness on the skin near my vaginal opening and vagina walls. any suggestions?
Gosh, that sounds absolutely terrible.  It's a pain enough just to have a period but then to have this issue on top of it?  ugh.  Why is this happening?  Has your doctor given you any reasons?  
apparently with this issue, the nerve endings are firing charges telling my body it is in pain or giving m this burning feeling. i have been dealing with this issue for a year now. the burning and raw feeling. i thought somehow i had an std (hsv). but through many biopsies and tests it always comes back as normal. there is no signs of any issues. the vaginal area looks textbook healthy. they did say that birth control plays a large factor.