severe itching of labia, swelling, and discharge

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I have had this occur before but not this long. Im about 16 weeks pregnant and my labia is starting to itch to the point where i want to cry if i scratch it... Its only swollen up a little bit but theres constantly white discharge. Ive tried shaving, didnt work. Ive tried long bath to relax, didnt work. Havent been able to use any ointment yet... But i just dont know whats going on. Help anyone?
Now the discharge is showing up a light yellow.... Could it be some thing in the discharge irritating my labia?
This itching and discharge can be due to bacterial vaginosis or trichomoniasis. Discharge in BV is thin and grey discharge with a fishy smell. Trichomoniasis is (caused by a protozoan (a kind of parasite) called Trichomonas vaginalis. This parasite is transmitted during sex.The characteristic symptom of trichomoniasis infection is a heavy, frothy, yellow-green, fishy-smelling discharge from the vagina. The infection can also cause discomfort during sex, vaginal itching, pain when passing urine and occasionally stomach pains.

It is diagnosed by pelvic examination, swabs of the discharge and their culture sensitivity.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals