sex & uti ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

sex & uti ?

Ive got a uti that i cant really get rid of, im on anti biotics to get rid of urea plasma, I went to the doctors last night to see if i could get something for the uti... He said the only thing i could do was to continue taking ural.
Anyhow,my question is... Is it a bad idea to continute having sex while i have a uti ? Would it be painful as he would be pressing up against my bladder in a way. ? Could it do any further damage to me if i have sex while having this uti ?

Thanks very much.
If you are sexully active and have a UTI it is most likely that you got the UTI from sex.  
If it has not cleared up, I would think sex would be uncomfortable and could possible make the UTI worse.  

You should know your body, so if you actually feel like having sex I'd say thats a pretty good indication that everything would go ok.  
If you don't feel ready for sex and are only going to do it because your boyfriend wants to, you're probably not ready to be having sex again so give it a bit longer.    
i dont actually feel like having sex, just want to take advantage of the fact that i can actually have sex with not bleeding ( i was constantly bleeding, but now have been put on anti biotics to stop this). My doctor said that the anti biotics could be making the uti stay longer than usual.

Because the ural arent really working as well as they should be (usually the uti would be gone by now, ive only had it since tuesday,and its now friday - but started taking the anti biotics wednesday)... What else could help clear up the uti ? ive heard cranberry juice i think it is.... And to only drink water. Not coke,or any other soft drink.
I want this uti gone asap! lol. Its so frustrating not being able to go on with my day like normal, or have sex now that i can.
Is Ural an over the counter medicine or a prescribed anti biotioc from the doctor??  I would think bleeding from a UTI was a pretty serious symprom.  Would Ural be enough to treat that?? Maybe thats why it's not working and you should ask about a stronger antibiotic.
ural is just something you take when you have a uti. you place it in cold water and it dissolves and you drink it. you can get it from any chemist. ive been given seperate anti biotics to cure my urea plasma. but at the same time i was told by taking these anti biotics, it may cause uti and should cure it too..