sex after a yeast infection
I currently had my first yeast infection. Yuck! and I was curious as to how long you are suppost to wait to have sex once you have done your treatment. I bought the monistat 1 day treatment and used it 2 days ago. I feel a lot better, but my bf and I were wondering when we would be able to start having sex again.
I would say whenever you feel back to normal -- careful with the 1-day treatment though, it may not have fully cleared it up, just be extra "clean" after sex ...
good luck
Don't rush things. You may feel like you have no symptoms and be back to normal, but sex will irritate tender tissues if you try to soon. Then you will be waiting even longer. My experience would say that a week is safe.

You should try to stay away from the 1 and 3 day otc yeast treatments. Their use is leading to an increasing frequency of drug resistant yeast strains. Once you get one of those, you will be waiting longer than a week to have sex.
^^^Exactly what they said^^^

1-day and 3-day treatments generally don't clear things up 100%.  You're much better off using the 7-day treatment.
I agree..you may feel better, but to be on the safe side, just because you'll feel even better in a few days, I would wait.
The friction caused by sex, and the irritation from the semen can irritate whatever healing has occured.  Yes, be careful with those "quick" fixes.  They aren't always 100%.
i bought the seven day treatment but used it 4 days only, r there any concequences cause i feel im ready to start my sex life.  its been 8 days wiyhout sex though
I had a yeast infection over the weekend and took monistat 1 on Tuesday. Its still a little rough but feeling a lot better. I had sex this morning(Friday)....is that too soon? Will I get it again???
Took a 150mg Diflucan pill for yeast infection on Friday which cleared up the discharge, itching so I had sex with my fiancé early this morning without a condom and it hurt like crazy and when I urinated It burned. Was I supposed to wait a while to have sex and will it come back? What should I do?