sex on period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

sex on period

HI! i have a kind of urgent question! i had unprotected sex on the last day of my period.  there was still a small amount of blood at the time.  he did not *** inside of me whatsoever but i am wondering what the chances are that i could be pregnant. My period this month began on the 23rd and last month it began on the 24th and lasted around 4-5 days.  We had sex on the 25th. Just wondering if i should take Plan B or anything of that sort or if i am in the clear. Thank You!
Pregnancy occurs only during the time of ovulation. Ovulation is the release of a single, mature egg from a follicle that developed in the ovary. It usually occurs regularly, around day 14 of a 28-day menstrual cycle. It is seen that pregnancy only occurs if intercourse occurs within the 6 days prior to and including ovulation. So chances of pregnancy in your case are less if you had intercourse on the last day of your periods.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.