sharp abdominal pain
I went to the dr. last week thinking I had a cyst that ruptured.  I returned again today as the pain was still very sharp and has not gone away.  They did an ultrasound and it came back negative.  I als had blood work done and a urine test done and nothing came back.  I'm in quite a bit of pain (continuous sharp pain and pressure in my very low left side) and I'm confused as to what the cause is.  My dr. is going to consult with another dr. and give me a call tomorrow, but I was curious if any of ya'll had an idea as to what the problem may be.

Thanks!
maybe endo? when I had pain like that it was a ruptured cyst.
um.... not sure
I agree, could be endo, especially being that your u/s was negative, you could also be ovulating.
http://www.endometriosisassn.org/, check out this link, there is some info to know, However, you may need to have a lap  done to diagnose
Feel Better, Smile
Which side is the pain on? Could it be another organ? Perhaps bowel or intestines or even appendix, liver, kidney or spleen?
Hi Lucy! Lucy here. I'm not sure about your pain. I have heard a lot about the endo too. did he mention anything about that? I always have really bad pain like that about a week after my period. In fact I am having it now. Nothing like you ae talking about though. Sorry you in pain. I hope u feel better, and the other doctor might have some helpful input.
I had this happen to me too. I held off on going to the doctor for a while but then the pain became almost unbearable so I went to the ER. The doctor then revealed to me that I had an infection in my lymph glands. Hope this helps
Maybe you have kidney stones.  I just passed three and had very sharp pain on my lower right back side.
Good luck!
Little late to answer. To me, it sounds like ovulation. A small percentage of women have mild to severe pain during ovulation.
yep i had to call 911 and ended up a rupturd cyst... thingy ..
The pain of levator ani syndrome is felt higher up inside the rectal passage and feels like a tight pressure. The sensation is made worse by sitting and improves with walking or standing. The pain usually lasts 20 minutes or longer and tends to reoccur at regular intervals.
Basicly Wat it is is a spasm nothing to worry abt spool smile and relax
I also experience the same exact sharp pain and mt dr said the uterus was enlarged after pregnancy he said hysterectomy would make it go away for good to be honest im scared he said this pain, will only come when I get menstrual so he told me to take 4 ibuprofen (200ml) a day before my period and it works but if I forget to take them it could get dangerous cause like you mention some times in driving or holding my 1yr old baby. Hope this helps.
Hi All,

I have the same symptoms.  I have two cysts one 2cm and one 4 cm one my right ovary.  Yesterday I went to the emergency room with severe sharp shooting pains. My sono revealed nothing has changed with my cysts.  I am extremely worried too b/c I've had these cysts for a while and gone through my cycle, but never experienced pain like this.

Hope you get some answers!