sharp pain on the right side

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

sharp pain on the right side

sharp,warm,buring,trobing pain lower right side of the hip. generates threw out the right thigh. Sharp, short cough that freqent and agravates hip. blotting from size 8 to 14 in 4 days
consipation and urinating every hour. Always the sensation to urinate and when I urinate it is never a full urination leaving the sensation..Any ideas or a direction i should take
I would call the Dr. right away. Im sorry, I have no idea what could be causing your symptoms...appendix, maybe? I would call the doctor ASAP!
It could be anything from a urinary tract infection to a kidney infection - particularly if you are having pain near your hip (the kidney is not far from there). I would book an appt to see a dr asap! You may need to be on antibiotics!
You should definetaly check with your doc and get him/her to check for a UTI...also just so you know, your appendix is located on the right side near your navel, but a little lower. A test you can do at home to check it is...lie on your back, about 2-3 fingers to the right of your belly button and down 2-3 fingers you should press down and then release. If you feel a sharp stabbing or even a dull pain when you RELEASE your hand, you should get your appendix checked right away. Other signs of appendicitis are, vomiting, fever and extreme "sick" feeling
Hope this helps and you feel better
God Bless
PS, sometimes when you ovulate you will feel a sharp pain on either side of your lower abdomen, but it usually goes away pretty quick
it could be kidney stones.  My friend is very prone to kidney infections and she usually has to go to the hospital in pain and throws up and is in horrible pain.  Go to the doctor, maybe they'll give you a CT or an Ultrasound to see what's going on. Good luck!
I am having sever pain in my right side also and pain in my lower right side of my back. Two weeks ago it started in my stomach and went into the lower stomach with just a tingling sensation thought nothing about it. they it came up to the right side near the hip going into the stomach. They did a CT scan it showed no signs of appendix and no blockage. I am feeling the need to urniate often but the urine test came back negtive. Now maybe a question of a Kindney stone. I am in so much pain I dont know what to do. I have pain killers but they arent working. I am also on a preventive antibitios just in case any ideas what it could be. I have to work on Monday.