shooting pain in labia majora,
for about 7 months now every now and again i get a sharp shooting pain in my right labia majora, it feels like a trapped nerve or something.
it will also hurt inside me on that side.
does anyone else get this?
forgot to say it starts on the inside of my thigh first.
Nope never had it. I would also guess that is a pinched nerve somewhere.
I have it too... no idea what it is, but mine does not start in the thigh.  Did you find out what it was?
I just started having this exact same sort of pain, about a month ago, that just surfaces now and then. Have you found out what it is? I'm 60 yrs old, 14 years since my last period, through with menopause, and can think of no relating factors to when this pain shoots through. No sign of blisters or any skin abnormalities. The pain is hard to describe, exactly. Thankfully, it's fleeting, though very intense.
I too have this pain, I've been to my OBGYN and had a full exam, he was expecting some type of lump or benign tumor, but after exam saw nothing. This pain is very hard to describe, but i can tell you that when i get it i have to grab myself (as a three year old would grab themselves if they had to rush to the bathroom) its embarrassing and painful! i have also began to document each time it happens, and im starting to notice that as it happens when laying down that i also have the same feeling shooting up my leg from my heel. if anyone knows any info about this it would be greatly appreciated if you could share!
I have almost the same thing.  Mine started after a internal reconstructive surgery.  I have mine if I stand up and touch my toes or if I lunge forward a bit to reach something.  It is a sharp shooting pain that makes me yelp.  It used to be on the back side of my lower buttock/top of my thigh and the residual is only in my left side labia majora.  I read that mine may be caused from the position and the clamps they used in my surgery.
Sounds like genitofemoral neuralgia.
I, too, have this pain in my left labia. I was worried it was something serious, but reading these comments, it's good to know that others get this!   It's kind of a sharp, shooting pain that is also dull, if that makes sense. Is that what you are all experiencing?
I just got it last night and it's woken me up multiple times. I don't know what the matter is but I can't see anything on the surface. it's sort of a sharp pain but it lasts for intervals of maybe 5 min and goes away till it wakes me up again a few hours later. this is super recent so I don't know much other then I'm rather concerned. does no one know what this is?
RH1
isn't that just what they said in Latin?
ME TOO! It is so annoying and so random... I remember I've had it atleast once, a few months ago. It lasted a few weeks then went away, I don't remember if I took anything for it or not. I just wanna know what it is... Some sites were telling me it had something to do with a yeast infection, and some were saying pregnancy, but I think those are different. This has been the first page that's shown EXACTLY what mild pain I'm experiencing, although were all still in the dark about it........
Genitofemoral neuralgia is not Latin.  Had I used the Latin term, it would have been nervus genitofemoralis.  

Genitofemoral neuralgia is a syndrome & a ICD9 diagnosis that can be from a variety of reasons.

Here is a good article that explains it & also helps you talk to your doctor about possible treatment plans (if you haven't already done so).

http://www.londonpainclinic.com/our-services/nerve-pain/groin-pain/ilioinguinal-and-genitofemoral-neuralgia/
Hi, l experienced the same thing. Came to find out I had a sever yeast infection in under the hood of my clitorus. My doctor put on week long of anti fungal meds and anti fungal cream for 7 days.
I was experiencing this pain sporadically for most of one summer about four years ago. My OB/GYN was at loss, saying that nothing appeared outwardly wrong. However, the pain stopped as suddenly as it started, and I've not had it since.  Of course, if it ever hits again, at least I'll have options for my doctor.  
I have it on left side and makes walking extremely hard, making me sick in tummy, I am 54 and diabetic, very painful today
I have a achy feeling all on my left body. My left face aches, my left arm, my left leg & thigh, feet, my left buttocks, and of course my left labia majors. Usually happens when I'm near my time of month...sometimes I don't even get my time of month but my left body still aches. Am I the only one one who has this problem? Is it normal?
My sharp pain is on the right side of my labia majora. It occurs suddenly each spurt of pain is like a poke or pinch that stings for a second but in intervals.  Its a shooting harsh pain. I went to an orthopedic dr. Bc it began one week after I pulled my back out. She took exray and perscribrd me gabapentin for nerve pain.  Then perscribrd me Physical Therapy. She thought my labia pain was from my L1 spine. Well two weeks later I had an mri done and my L1 was not the cause of my labia pain.  The Physical Therapy is not stopping the labia pain. My next Specialist is a Neuro Sergeon.  But I will go back to my gyn doctor and ask if it could be a yeast infection.