sinus problems during menses

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

sinus problems during menses

Well, I finally got my period last Saturday(only two weeks late). I started keeping track of my diet/exercise/ and physical symptoms about 3months. ago. I noticed that right about the same time I am getting ready to start my period (usually a day or two prior), I start to get sinus problems. I get sinus headaches, some pressure, post nasal drip, and the whole funny headed feeling (kind of dizzy). It usually lasts for the length of my period and then stops when my period. I just feel loopy and out of it. I was just wondering if anyone else gets this way, and if you do what do you do to help it? Thanks!
How ironic that you wrote this! The SAME exact thing happened to me this month! Wow, if you figure it out, let me know!
i think such things can be hormone related. i am pregnant, and since day 1 of this pregnancy i have been having similar sinus troubles. the doctor says it's all normal and related to hormones. if it can happen during pregnancy due to hormones, i supposed it could happen during regular cycles as well. i have had sinus problems come and go all my life, but never thought to keep track of when they were happening. i'll be curious to see if i see this pattern when i'm not pregnant.
I have the same problem with AF.  That's how I know she's coming.  As I wake up in the morning I feel really tired and I can feel the sinus pressure start.  I also notice the headache pain even so far as behind my ears during that time.
I am glad to hear I am not alone. I found an article on swelling/inflamation in the body- and how Vitamin C can help with it. They said it might help with your period- decrease cramps because it wont be inflamed as much. It also mentioned how during your period you are more prone to inflamation (inflammation) in your body. So I wonder if it can cause your sinuses to become inflamed, causing the issues. I just started taking 1000mg of Vit C two days ago. I am going to take it for maybe a couple of months every day and see if I notice any difference.

Thank you for your quick replies! I love this site! It really does make me feel like I am not alone!!
I agree with tiredbuthappy, Like in pregnancy, some womens sinus' are really affected, I beleive it has to due with the fluxuating of hormones. I also would get this occasionally before AF. I would just take a sudafed and then I would be fine once AF stops..Now that i'm PG, I wonder if my sinus' will start to kick up again??..It is spring here anyways (except I'm in NH and mother nature just dropped a foot of snow on us, UHHGGG), and I have problems every spring..