sis's on ovary's

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

sis's on ovary's

hi my name is dana my question is my doctor found a 3cm sis on my ovary, now she said in 3 months i have to go for another testing, which is fine by me,she said it will probably burst on it's own, ? should i beworried atall is this type of thing commom for women my age?i have just turned 36 yrs old this year?
it is not uncommon; I had one also.  They put me on BC pills, and it helped. It did hurt when it bursted, but some women never feel it.  I believe there is also a medicine they can put you on if it gets bigger.  I ALWAYS had cysts, that is why it took me 6 yrs to get pregnant--then I had triplets!
its completely common, almost every woman has at least 1 cyst in her lifetime, many dont even know they have them,sometimes they need surgical intervention, i had a cornicopia of cysts on my right ovary that the dr wasnt able to drain them and it ended up being removed.
you might have polycystic ovarinan syndrome. i would ask your dr about this because you can have insulin problems and not know it and end up with heart disease and type 2 diabetes.  i am 31 and i have PCOS. i have dermoid tumors on my ovaries. i had them removed in 2000 and now i have another on my left ovary.  if it is a fluid filled cyst, then it can probably burst on it's own and bc pills can help.  i do believe there is another med they can give you to help them but not sure.  if they are partly fluid and partly solid, then they may not burst at all and have to removed surgically.  and if they are solid, then they won't burst at all.  a ct scan with contrast dye is the best way to tell if they are fluid or solid or a dermoid.  a dermoid is kinda gross because it is fat and calcium but can have hair and skin and teeth also.  sorry for too much info.  you can always get a second opinoin as well.  hth.
my wife have's sis's & she gets heavy periods, sometimes 2x a month she is going to a ob-gyn soon for a dnc. my ? is...can this make you anemic.
my wife have's sis's & she gets heavy periods, sometimes 2x a month she is going to a ob-gyn soon for a dnc. my ? is...can this make you anemic.(lost of blood)
I found out about 6 montyhs ago that I had a sis on my ovary and I still have it. I was just wondering I can still get pregent if I have it or is it harder to do so ?
MY MOM HAS SIS ON HER OVARY. SHE HAS DIABETES AND TAKES INSULIN. I WONDER IS THERE ANY ONE THAT HAS HAD THIS AND CAN HELP ME UNDERSTAND THIS SITUATION. ABOUT TWO YEARS AGO SHE HAD HER APPENDIX REMOVED BUT NOT AFTER NEEDING TO GET REMOVED ONE OF HER OVARY AND THE FELOPING TUBE. CAN ANY BODY TELL ME WHAT COULD BE THE RIGHT ANSWER. I AM SCARED FOR HER. SHE IS ALL THAT I HAVE. I WOULD LIKE SOME ONE WITH THE SAME SITUTATION TO HELP ME PLEASE. FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART.
i have been known to have a sis on my left and right ovary. last i was told by my doc that they are going away and that its fluidy like. im now pregnant, can this harm me or my baby?
I just found out today that I might have a sis on one of my ovarys and I am only 21 yrs old! I have never had this before! It has been 4 months since I have even had a cycle! Can someone please help me to calm me down! I am scared and I do not know what is coming next! Thank you for your time
i'm 15 and was just told that i have a sis on my ovarie and that one ruptured i was just wondering what they were?? if any one could help this would be great
      I just found out that I have a sis on my right ovary and the pain is a 10 on a scale of one to ten. I have an appointment today to discuss the details with my gyn doctor. I am 31 years old and a mother of four. I have twins and have had no problems during my past pregnancies. I want to tell any one who is scared to try not to worry, it puts you in a bad place and your mind can play tricks on you. If you train your self to think in a positive way it will help. A good example I feel a little stress but I decided instead of sitting and with worry, I found other people situations to help me move on to a better place. It helps not to be a lone.
i have had pain for a week went to  the doctors and found out that i have a ovarian sis. i have had trouble sleeping walking  and havent had a appetite. tell me what that means!!!!
Im only 22 years old and i have already had my left ovary removed because of an over sized sis. Now im having trouble with my right ovary. More sis's on my right ovary. my doctor has tried me on bc-depo lupron shot and antibiotics and none of them have worked. Now my question is should i just have my other ovary removed or what should i do? The shot put me into pre menopause and i did not like that at all.
I just been told today through scan that i have a cyst & needs to be checked again in 2 weeks,
if in 2 weeks it has grown 5mm i will need to have it removed,

they told me that i can still get pregnant & it wont harm baby,
i found that not worrying/stressing/taking ownership over it is a huge help.

less stress & all will be okay,
God bless you all :-)
if you have a sis on your ovary can you still drink? i don't know if i have a sis for sure yet but its painful on my left side where its at. my 21st birthday is in a few days and i am going out. I just want to know if its harmful to drink when you might have that on your ovary??? help me
Hi my name is Leah and I am 21 years old! I just found this website and I read each and every one of these comments from everyone because I have had a similar problem with my ovaries but I am not sure if they have sis's, I have never seen so many women here that have had the same thing as me and I don't feel so alone! lol. I have had sharp pains in my ovaries since 2004 and now whenever I sneeze or laugh I have to buckle over to prevent the pain in my sides from feeling like they're going to rip apart. I was wondering, if any of you have had this same sensation as me? also, I am a virgin..and I am very nervous that in order to get your ovaries looked at by the doctor you have to get a paps mere, I don't have any health insurance so I have not been able to get my ovaries examined yet! but I will soon gain insurance. Thankyou for anyone who can help me. God bless you all!
for everyone on here its spelt CYSTS not sis

Leah- there are more signs and sypmtoms that come along with cysts. my friend started out sick and greaduatlly got very sick. she did not feel well had to poop but couldnt poop for two week and becaue of that her body made her so sick.

if you think you have a cyst* you need to go to the doctors. im sure you can find health insurance somehwere
Hi sweetpea! thankyou very much for the advice. That is very interesting about your friend, I hope she's doing better. I wish all of us knew the problems we have and are yet to have in the future, that way we wouldn't be spending so much on health care. In heaven the bible says that we won't have any of these problems, we'll all be free from diseases and mishaps. well hun Merry Christmas, thankyou again for responding so quickly to me! <33
My daughter had a sis on her right ovary and she is only 11 years old is this normal to have so young?
you would need to talk to her doctor regaurding her cycst
I have a sis on my right ovary. My women doctor took me off the pill which was wrong to do, so my family doctor put me back on the pill to dissolve my ovary which will help. ***@****