size of breasts and back pain

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

size of breasts and back pain

Not quite for reproduction but there was no other section. I'm 4'10 and a Marine I have size 34 DD breasts, and I know that a certain amount of pain is to be expected from large breasts. Not to mention the rigourous exercises we do, I'm a very fit person I weigh 103 Lbs at the moment but usually vary to 110, I'm wondering how much pain should I be experiencing. My back hurts everyday, but sometimes it hurts so bad I can't sit still and the pain gets so bad I wanna scream. Could my back pain be more than pain from pore posture or my size of breast for my size? Any solutions other than breast reductions would help thank you.
Avatar n tn
I have seen many women go thruthis. I'm sure you've tried many bra's. they make a minimizer bra. A friend of mine uses them. they hold her really tight and make them look smaller. I couldn't imagine running while holding all that up. I have a c' cup and it's hard for me. Hope someone can help u more.
Avatar n tn
I would agree - it is your breast size causing your back pain. I am 5'9" and usually a D cup but have gone up an enormous amount in the past couple of weeks and now experiencing quite serious back pain. I can only imagine how you must feel being so petite.

I agree with the idea of a minimizer bra. I found a sports bra that is extremely snug and compacts everything and it feels so much more comfortable.. you should give that a try..
I know your pain, I'm 25 with 42 DD and 35 weeks pregnant. and they're still growing. my back hurts alot, and there's nothing I can do besides get them rubbed.

I would see a doctor to see what tehy would suggest..:)
I wear a tight sports bra (the kind that is like t-shirt material but much more elastic, no wires or anything) and it has really wide shoulders so the straps don't dig and the back doesn't ride up, and it feels great, holds my breasts tight to my body and keeps the pain down.  ALSO, your posture -- be sure you are holding your head  directly over your shoulders at all times, not forward from your body the way a lot of us do even when we sit.  In other words, keep the weight of your head (it is heavy) straight over your neck, and both in a straight line down to your waist.  This allows the spine to carry the weight of the head the most efficiently.  When it's pulling forward, that strains the muscles.
Avatar n tn
does your dh now unexpectedly throw things on the floor when your not looking so you will bend over and pick them up hahhaha. men and boobs!
Sports bras just make you look slenderer since some of the look of weight on a body is visually coming from the breast size.  They don't make the breasts look out of place.  The breasts do look a little flatter and a bit wider, but now that I'm pregnant I am amused to find that even with a sports bra on, I have cleavage (if I bend over wearing a v-neck sweater, my hubby is very appreciative).  (Before I was pregs, not enough boobs to create cleavage unless it was a Wonderbra.)  Again, I'm not talking about a bra with tons of metal here, but something that looks more like a tight t-shirt cut into roughly a bra shape.  The one I like best I think is made by Jockey, mine is black with a white interior, soft jersey cotton on both outside and inside (I can even wear it inside out) and big elastic bottom hem (inside the jersey so the elastic is not touching your skin) and elastic in casings at the sides and neck.  I'm sure there is also some Lycra in the jersey fabric, but not enough to be sweatily uncomfortable.  It's cut in a v-neck.  There are some kinds of sports bras that just look like bras, and I don't think they are comfortable.  But go see what's out there!  It makes it possible to stand up straight and sit up straight, which does a world of good for upper-back pain because it puts the big weight of the head straight over the spine, where the load is carried best.
Avatar n tn
I am 17, almost 18. I'm rather small, except my breasts they're a 36 DD, and I just barely made it to 5 feet. I'm looking into getting a breast reduction. Oddly enough, I'm not the least bit scared, I'm way more excited. I've been reading about reasons people have it and stuff, and I've come to find out that a lot of the things that I've been passing off as pain from cheerleading, and wear and tear on my body, are actually from my large breasts.
I have experienced pain as well.  I am a 42DD.  Like many women one of my breasts is a little smaller than the other.  I discovered a specialty bra store.  They created a bra that has cups fitting each breast perfectly.  It has wide straps and back with a front hook closure.  I still have a little pain once in a while.  But my new bra has helpded tremendously.  Happy to be a woman again.
Avatar n tn
I know your pain.  I too have the neck and shoulder and back problems associated with carrying a load around.  First suggestion, go to a really good store like Nordstrom to be properly fitted for the right size bra.  That may play a key role in the discomfort...most women don't wear the proper size bra.  Next, mind your posture.  The pull of the neck forward puts a strain on the who upper anatomy.  Headaches often accompany all the pain.  Try getting some therapy with a chiro, yes, chiros can be especially helpful in helping put the upper and lower back into alignment, which is often the result of strain, stress, and poor posture.  If all else fails, and for appearance sake for balancing your figure, talk with your physician about whether a breast reduction may benefit you.  Most women having had this surgery say it's the best thing they could have done, and should have done it long before they did.  Best of success to you for battling this problem that to many women is a gift (large breasts).  If they only knew.  
hi am 36 and i have noticed that my breast are still growing..i now wear size 36dd my back hurts like crazy everyday..what might have caused such a horrible thing to my body?
I'm 18,5'6, weigh 135, and I wear a 34G. My back hurts VERY day. I walk around my college campus in pain and have to stop multiple times due to the pain I have.Surgery is my last resort because I would like to pay off my student loans that I will get once I go into Medical School. I have no idea what to do to make my pain stop hurting. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Des_a_rae, and pb95 commented on Des_a_rae's status
8 mins ago
Des_a_rae commented on photo
10 mins ago
Des_a_rae commented on photo
16 mins ago
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals