skin discoloration in armpits and vaginal area

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I am white, and I have dark skin discoloration under my arms and in the vaginal area.  It is embarrassing to me to even go to the doctor to ask about it because it looks "dirty".  Is there any way that I can fix this problem or is it normal?
I would say you are NORMAL. I'm black and even my armpits and stuff are darker. I'm pretty sure it's because hair grows there. it's funny that its darker in the areas that the sun don't shine..
i also have the darkening of the skin under my arms and back of my neck.. i went to special clenic from wayne state university.. it is a free clinic that helps children and adults with weight issues.. well i am overwight and its hard for me to lose weight and i have something called the metabolic syndrome.. which is where yer body produces too much insulin and stores it as fat.. but neways.. my doctor told me the name of the skin discoloration but i can not remember it.. im not sure if u are overweight but there actually is hardly a cure for it.. all i need to do and if u also are overweight is work on losing weight and it will help lighten the color.. they are working on a cure for it and the reason for it is not sure.. but this clinic is wonderful.
darkening of the skin in those areas is usually a sign of insulin resistance and is a precursor to diabetes.  you should go be checked out...
I have discoloration in my vagina. I am white and it is a much darker color than the rest of my skin. I dont have the problem in my arm pits like the other girls have mentioned. My question is...Is there any way to reverse the discoloration. To answer a couple of questions that may be asked yes I am sexually active and have been for 12 years, I also have had 3 children. Its been a while since anyone has posted on this question but I do hope after my comment that maybe more will, I know there can not just be the few of us with this problem.
I have a dark color in my armpits and vaginal area too, and i am white as well. Its really embarrassing. Anyway my point is I have PCOS  polycystic ovarian syndrome. PCOS can cause a lot of different disorders..  high blood pressure, diabetes. Anyway when i had my blood drawn they noticed something weird with my sugar levels, but i dont have diabetes.  My doctor put me on birth control pills, told me that over time they would clear the discoloration up.. it has gotten better in my arm pits but not any better in my vaginal area. I guess it has something to do with insulin resistance. Im going to ask my doctor about metformin.. if anybody has a similar problem.. maybe you have some advice?
I have discoloration on my vagina. I am 17 and I am not sexually active. It is embarassing to know that here I am with high yellow skin and a dark vaginal area. i think maybe it is because I shave there. I wonder is there some kind of a cream to make it go back to it's normal color.
I am asian, and my armpits, neck and vaginal area is dark.  I am so embarrassed that I don't even ask the doctor about it.  But I have heard that if you are overweight than that's what causes the dark discoloration.  IF you lose weight it should go away.  But I only thought that white people never got it and only other people with tanner skin tones do.  but its good to know that I am not the only one. I wish there was a way to make the dark discoloration go away because I never wear tank tops because of it.
Yeah I have the same issue with having dark underarms; and I have an olive complexion. I too find my areas darker than I want them to be.  Anyway my doctor recommended using lemons, or a pumus to scrub the area of old skin cells.  With the Lemon I just placed half of it on my underarm twice daily (in the morning and before I go to bed)   Results are noticable eventually.....it took a while, but its working.  My friend's using or has used pumuses around her underarm also, her results were alot faster than mine, but hey for each person, changes are variable.  Another tip, is to stop shaving and to start waxing and if your thighs are dark then you might have to loose weight first. Also depending on where you live, you can use a specific bletch for the underarm, not sure about the genital and anus area though.  
i have black armpits and my friend told me 2 use lemons but my doctor said that would just burn but im  really embaraed by it does it really work
I also have this darkening in these areas. Over the years I have done some research and questioned some doctors about it. I have been told so many different different things. I am white, type 1 diabetic, and was slightly overweight. Over the last year and a half I have lost twenty pounds, and to my surprise the dark spots have vanished. I have also read that this can be contributed to polycystic ovarian syndrome. My doctor told me the best way to keep this at bay was to stay on a low dose birth control and get plenty of exercise. If you are diabetic, I do not recommend being on the birth control, instead see if some weight loss aids the discoloration-it did for me.
Also, if this discoloration has become a problem in these areas, be on the lookout for hyper pigmentation on such areas like the neck or chest. Be sure to wear sunscreen. If this does occur then often a skin bleaching cream works over time. (Don't use it in the genital area).
I'm white, 17, 125 lbs, and not sexually active. However, I have dark skin in my vaginal area like many of you. I went to the gyno specifically for this because I didn't think I had done anything to cause the discoloration. To my surprise she said that I was completely normal. Even though she told me that I am normal, I still don't think I am. I feel like I look like an old woman down there. For the rest of you who thought you were not normal, apparently you are so don't fret. As for feeling normal I'm not sure any of us ever will.

I'm a doctor at a local hospital. What you are discribing is called acanthosis nigricans. It is a symptom of insulin resistance which can lead to polycystic ovaries and diabetes. It usually appears in areas that are prone to be wrinkled or have skin overlapping. I usually recommend a cream called Retin-A (Retinoic Acid). It is used to improve the appearance and texture of the skin. It produces a mild, superficial peel of the epidermis (skin). It is usually used to treat acne, but it also helps reduce the appearence of acanthosis nigricans. Any dermatologist can prescribe it, or give you samples to try. I am not sure if it can be used in the genital area, but I would assume it would be alright.
I hope this helps.
Also, anyone with this condition should be tested for diabetes and/or polycystic ovarian syndrome.
i think it has something to do with skin rubbing together!
My skin discoloration is under one arm. It is not directly under my armpit, but a little to the side.  It has never been there before.  It can only be seen when I raise my arms.  Does anyone know if this has any implications?
Hi- I have some dark circles that started out to look like a faint birthmark as it was circular in shape.  Eventually, I noticed that the circle had become larger and darker.  Well now, I am really getting concerned because there are now multiple circles starting to form around it and on the other side of my other leg.  They are freaking me out man.  Im a faithful wife and havent had any other sexual relationships since I was married 7 years ago.  Any info out there?
I am medium dark skin woman and my vaginal area is very dark like almost gray and old looking. I never notice until I started shaving my pubic hair completely. I am totally scared and embarrased about it. My boyfriend looks at it and he doesn't tell me wether any of his ex-girlfriends look the same, yet he doesn't tease me about it. Can someone tell me if this is normal and is there anything to make it lighter.
I am a very light skinned black woman and I have dark pigmentation between my upper thighs and anal area.. I am very self concious about this as well but I see it is a normal thing I also heard that models and actresses get these areas lightened.. I think I am going to look into this
my problem started when i was 15 I noticed I would sweat alot between my legs....as i got older i started to scrub in the shower really hard and use a cocoa butter stick at night befor bed and that worked really good for me...after being married for almost 10 yrs I stopped doing it since my husband didnt mind the dark skin on my upper thighs  in fact he liked it....now I"m divorced and it bothers me alot...even thoe I know better...that whoever I'm with if they really care it shouldnt bother them...its always still in the back of my mind....Ive tried all the same things I did befor but it doesnt seam to work anymore....so I saw my gyno and sh e advised me to use selson blue and yeast infection cream....you put selson blue on the dark areas leave it on for about 20 minutes and then wash it off .....after that you use the yeast infection cream  in the dark areas and repeat that every day....just found out about it. I still have not tried it yet but we will see if it works.....my gyno said it was due to the sweat and the maisture that could have created a tyoe of yeast infection on the outer part of the vagina....because I dont have dark spots anywhere else....I tend to get a lil dark under my arms...but thats only if i use the wrong deodorant.....anyway good luck to everyone  
i have skin discoloration inside my inner thigh that closes around the v shaped area of my vagina...ive had it as long as i can remember

it just looks darker than the rest of my body no matter how much i wash it and scrub it and put lotion and take care of it...

it doesnt itch and it doesnt get irritated....im wondering if its a birthmark or something? because ive had it forever and im so embarrassed of it and i dont wanna show the doctor!!!

and especially after ive finished shaving, i get bumps and my vagina just looks so weird and dirty....

but the insides are the same color as my lips...its the part that touches the thighs when i close my legs...it looks like i dont clean it!

oh btw im 17 years old im a virgin! and a girls vagina is supposed to look pretty and smooth and nice and mines doesnt! im just so worried abt showing a partner or a doctor and what they will think of me...and im so glad to know that there are others out there like  me!! but why havent we found a cure or a way to fix this?????
Ok so to all of you girls/ women wh are ecperiencing a discolouring.. which appears to be a darkening around your inner thights.. it looks dirrty? but you know your clean.. well i did a whole lot of research on it because i have it too..
so basically it is normal and nothing to worry about basically its because you sweat down there too.. and we wear tioght jeans.. tights.. thats the cause.
so as for a cure...

Cut a lemon in half and litterally start scrubbing on your inner thights. im not kidding you will instantly notice a difference, i started to do that only last night and it is sooo much better and faint.

Ciao
i have the same problem you all are describing.  i'm 29, not sexually active, and from italian/spanish descent.  years ago, i was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).  they put me on all sorts of hormone medication, but that made me gain weight and had all sorts of other side effects.  

i eventually stopped taking the medication and started eating 1 Tbsp of unrefined, virgin coconut oil every day (you get it at the health food store - $10 for a peanut butter-sized jar).  the coconut oil (when virgin/unrefined) is a natural hormone regulator that scientists are just starting to study.  i have always been athletic and a healthy eater, but was always slightly overweight nonetheless.  with the coconut oil in my diet, i lost 20 lbs (with no other diet/exercise changes) and my periods returned to normal.  the dark spots have gotten better under my arms, but not in my pubic area...

anyway, i wanted to post this on here since many of us with the dark spots also may have PCOS, and after years of medications i finally found something that works.  maybe it'll work for you too?  when you get the weight under control, the other symptoms get better too...
Hello ladies, first, excuse my english, I'm not a native speaker. I'm a white men, I hope you won't mind if I share my experiences with this kind of a very embarassing discoloration. Yes, I have it too, in my case, it's a postinflammatory hyperpigmentation of the groin and anal area because of a yeast infection a year ago (perhaps). I understand you all, I have had a normal nice skin, and now this! it's really unsightly and it can incredibly influence your self-estimation and self-confidence. Well if you want to do something about this, prepare for a long fight.
1. first - make sure that you don't have any type of yeast or fungi infection, you would fight in vain, first get rid of it (see a dermatologist). The most yeast infections are itchy
2. the only thing that helped me a bit is a hydroquinone cream 2% (for ex. from Esoterica night fade cream twice a day) and I also use a kojic acid soap every day in the shower - this is only for the groin or upper part of thighs, for genital or anal area I wouldn't recommend this, because this area is too sensitive. Be really patient, you can expect some results after two months or more - my groin area is now lighter and it looks much better (unlike the anal area - so hard to bleach!!)- but of course it is still there. You can choose a product with hydroquinone (or arbutin) in combination with AHA, like salicylic acid, the acids will help to remove the dead cells faster, there is a shower gel with salicylic acid, or you can purchase some kits on ebay - but be careful - don't use strong concentrations!! I personally use a kit with 30% - but not regullary. I also tried a TCA peel - but only a low concentration - but it didn't help and my anal area turned more brown - a very big dissapointment.
- this is the negative side of the bleaching product - the areas that has to be faded can turn darker, but mostly you should see an improvement. I think the groin area is not so difficult to lighten than genital or in my case anal area - they are really sensitive - I wouldn't use the lemon, I  tried, but the only result was a rash. Use baby powder to keep the area dry. Avoid ingrowing hair at any case.
3. And now something to try - I would like you to try some other possibilities - when it's something that you can't remove, just hide it. There are many concealers on the market. I tried Dermablend - a big dissapontment - a terrible consistence and handling. For lighter discolorations, you can use some type of body make up - like Sally Hansen leg make-up or other type of concealer. In my case, they cover the affected area quite well - not 100%, but it's much better - the only problem is the friction in this area - the legs and the butt - the make up will smudge or rub of with time - any ideas?
-Products to try: Ben Nye is offering some concealers and body make ups and liquid sealers, that should make your make up smudge proof and perspiration proof, would someone test it? the name is i think Final sealer and liquiset, Mahron is offering some kind of liquid sealer too.
- another concealer Apres petite cream cover (or somethink like this), it their advertissement, you should be able to swim - even a whole day on the beach (haha) and go to gym - but the most products are tested on legs or face, not on anal area or the groin - unfortunately - but just give it a try
- Dinair is offering a large palette of airbrush make up including paramedical make-up, which must be cleaned with alcohol-  maybe this is a friction-proof make-up.
The most products are offering also darker tones for people with darker skin. Well, I hope I helped you a bit and would be glad if you add your experiences and make up-testings. Acne is normal, hyperpigmentation is normal, but why doe's everyone on the beach or at the swimming pool have a normal skin, just not me? Keep hope alive.
and another idea - but a little bit more time occupying - but this is only for people with white skin - you can try some kind of a tanning spray or lotion. I don't have a good experience with tanning lotions, because you don't know what to expect and you see the results after a few days, but there is a good product (like I've heard on youtube). I don't know the exact name but it's St. Tropez tanning spray? You should be able to find it, if you use this spray, your skin will look tanned, so the brown discoloration of your body areas won't be so noticable. - will someone test it?
hi iv also had the very same problem i am a mixed female and have always been imbaressed to wear tank tops because of the discoloration on my arm pit. although there are many causes to armpit discoloration there is also a solution, http://skintreatmentassociation.org/skin-bleaching/review.html?gclid=CJrP_PrUjpwCFQVuswod8DTdPg go to this web site, it offers many creams that ACTUALLY WORK! iv tried it .these creams lighten your skin without harsh chemicals. personally i recommend Revolt  it worked for me. if you are not satisfied with the product they will give you your money back
i'm hispanic, my mom is colombian and my dad is salvadorain, and i'm spanish, frenc, and asian but i don't know what country. and dmy skin is tannish whitsih and yellow ish but my skin is light and i too, have skin disclorations in vaginal area and armpits and i'm not sexually active and i'm 14 and i weigh 113. maybe because i shave there. but i'm desperaltely looking for a cure and i pray that i may find it here! i'm so relieved that i'm not the only one and that many women suffer the embrassment about it
I have always had thick thighs and I was wondering if there's anything that I can use to get rid of discoloration between my thighs.... I used a deodarant that also was too strong and left a discoloration under my arms as well.. Are there any suggestions so that I can get starte with this problem... it has really played an important part where my self esteem is concerned and I really want to get rid of it!!!

helllllooo ladieeees. now im white and i have a dark vaginal and anal area but my armpits are thankfully white. i did a bit or research and there are two lightning cremes that people have actually used and they dooo WORK... the first one is called MELADERM this is a skin lightner and the secon is SOUTH BEACH LIGHTINING GEL FOR INTIMATE AREAS.. now this is a really good one i havent tried it *** yet but know loads of people who have. its suitable for all theose sensitive bits and u can even use it on your nipples. walllllaaah. thanxxxxx 4 the lemon hint will try that too.

hp it worksss for all of us
I discoloring on my neck,inner elbow,arm-pits,my innner thigh,and between my breast can any help?But my old doc. said to use some of this cream at the store it called miconozine(that might be spelled wrong) its not realy doing anything.Can any help me??? you can email me at ***@**** and/or here someone plz help me on this.
has anyone actually tried the SOUTH BEACH LIGHTINING GEL FOR INTIMATE AREAS, does it really really work and are there any side effects.
If the SOUTH BEACH LIGHTINING GEL FOR INTIMATE AREAS works please let me know.... I hope we all can find something that really works for us.

Good luck to all!
This is link will give you professional information.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/acanthosis-nigricans/DS00653
Ladies,
I am a man with some medical experience and, first, let me say that
it is completely normal for the skin in certain areas to be a different
shade than the rest of your body, often darker. This is nothing to be
ashamed of, is true with all ethnicities, and affects men as well.
I'll also say that many men find this attractive, so do not feel
ashamed or embarassed. Skin bleaching and whitening is unnatural
and can be very harmful. There is no need for creams or procedures
which are expensive and may hurt you.
It is normal to be insecure, but chances are, your partner will
find it attractive. If not, perhaps they are the problem, not your
coloration.
I am 17, sexually active, and weigh about 123 pounds. i am so self conscious about my vaginal area, its dark and just not pretty. i am so embarassed about it that i havent even talked to my friends about it, and whenever i am with a partner i always make sure its dark because i dont want him to see it. i want to try out that cream, so if anyone has tried it, does it work? and does it work fast?
My complexion is white and I m 27 and married ,skin around my vagina and my inner thighs is dark .Though my husband didn't tell me anything but I think that he also want that area to be white.How come models and blue film actress skin of these area is so white and beautiful.PLZ help me out I'll be very greatful to you
Ok ladies.I am 38 years old. A mother of 2.I have P.C.O.S. which is poly cystic ovarian desease.I have had this desease all my life.Irregular periods.Mabey years w/o one at all.I always thought i was the lucky one.Hey no periods right.Well in reality not so lucky at all.I was in fact very lucky to have 2 very healty children.Now teens.Well my problem is my daughter is now 16.Well guess what it is heredatary.Which means she has all the same stuff i do.Side effects as well.She inoic acid cream,and the has had 2 birth control shots.I have had a hystorectomy.But guess what we both have the same side effects.Me at has greatly hurt my self esteem as has it hers now.We both have dark areas  on our groin area and underarms and on our necks.This is so aweful.And have gotten skin tags as well from being sleighty over weight as well.So yes we are always on a diet.I am going to try the lemon thing,and i am going to try theselsum blue and yeast infection cream,and i will try theunrefined/virgin coconut oil 1 tbsp a day.i will even buy the retin acid cream,even the south beach skin gel for sensative areas in discoloration cream.I know we all are women so i know how horrible it is to have this crap.But what is worse is when we see our children suffer.And you teens out there that i see that are writing that are 15,16,and 17,18.I just want you to know you are not alone and to hold your chins up.Dont forget there are people out there that LOVE you for whom you are.((hugs)) we  to know the pain and are there with you.
Thanx..
i have discoloration on my chest and my neck what might that be?
hello
hello guys. im asian and i wonder why i got dark groin and also in the genitals. it's a shame having dark groin because most women i've seen on sex scandals have fair and pinkish genitals. i'm 22 and i never had a bf in person and only through online relationships because i don't want my bf to discover it. now in less than a month i''m gonna meet him personally. so now i'm trying everything to lighten it. my inner thighs lightened but i have seen a big improvement on my genitals. i use chinese orange to lighten it. try it.it's also very effective in erasing pimple marks. its cheap but you can see the results.we had talked about those matters and he prefers fair genitals.so now im really frustrated to get the results before he sees it. if i failed then i won't show it to him :)
i think the main reason for darkening is caused by my fat thighs. when i was slim i never had problems with my skin but now i have discolorations in my armpits the edge of my skin near to my nails, and the worst is in my thighs and genital areas. it affected me greatly and even my sexual life is affected. i want to try it but i can't because of this. i also want to experience what other women have. i think the best solution is to lose weight. to be beautiful, you need some patience.
I have a dark black penny size skin issue in the upper part inside my vagina which was found during a recent pap exam. I am going to try everything mentioned including the coconut oil/butter (I just bought some for about $12 at the health food store and put it on crackers and it tastes like a good treat). I will also try the selsun blue and other ideas.
My situation is that I went to the Gynecologist and he did a biopsy and it is NOT cancer but he called it "Pre Cancer" and when I asked what that means, he said it means it is not cancer but could turn into it (also could be something totally not related to cancer and not an issue at all).  The problem is he wants to remove it all and although it is the size of a penny he wants to put me completely under (out) at the hospital where they will remove 3inches by 3 inches  total (sounds much larger than the spot so it is confusing).  I would have a couple weeks to heal but it sounds awful, esp. if it is not cancer and may be harmless.  I am going to go to a dermatologist and have her give me a second opinion.  It is comforting to know of others who have a similar issue and wondering if anyone else has had it surgically removed.  Seems drastic to me if it isn't cancer.  Thank you for any support and ideas.  It is very stressful.  
hi, im 22 im an Indian and I have a wheatish complexion...though my busts r bit fair..but the problem area is my vagina..it really is very dark compared to my whole body complexion..I wonder how the Porn actresses etc. have such fair vagina's..plzzz help and tell a cure for this i'll be really  greateful..I feel very bad about it..n dnt want to be ebarrased about it after marge..or any sort of complications in my marraige coz of this..plzz do reply and also what if i try and get to improve my whole body complexion..will it work??
i hope this info helps on your pre cancer spot...
http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/latest/7256671/wart-cream-may-treat-skin-cancer-expert/
Im 18, not sexually active. Um I've actuallt hav had biscoloration in my vaginal and under arm area for over 6 years now and im am very self concious about it. Im wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get rid of the discoloration and get those parts of my body back to the regular color.
no way to 100% get rid of it.

Ive had all the problems everyone has stated. and ive fond something good THAT WORKS.

1) ARMPITS - honesty i really don't think this is a problem but if its really bothering you wax them and use the same treatment as 3

2) Inner thy pimples/boils - Its a form of diaper rash. When your overweight your your inner thy's tend to brush past each other until chafing occurs. Aveeno baby baby rash ointment is THE BEST ive ever used for this problem but they have recently come up with something specifically for chafing now but ive never used it.

3) Discoloration (Vagina/thys/armpits) Theres alot of people looking down on skin bleach but hey....they dont need to know ;-) skin bleach is strong to whiten skin but there are also organic sking lighteners out there. this is a product i use its not 100% effective but it lightens problems fast.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001773ZIO/ref=oss_product

Yes it is strong skin bleach but it works for me and im desperate. DO NOT USE THIS ANYWHERE NEAR THE OPENING OF YOUR VAGINA WHICH MEANS NOT ON THE LIPS LADIES! If you dont have a credit card go to your local coin star and get a gift card or amazon.com for like $15 and buy it.

My story:

Im 17. When i was 13 i realized i had Terrible stretch marks on my inner thys and it was embarrassing so I never wore shorts. At 14 The dark color on my inner thys and vagina started. I felt disgusting and was afraid. At 15 I started wearing pant hose with EVERYTHING. i even wore it under shorts. It was silly but it worked for me and if anyone asked i would say i wore them all the time which i did because i wore alot of dresses to make up for the lack of femaninaty i felt with all the discolorations in my girl area. It really sucked because even though im a little big at 5'1 and 160 lbs my body has a very good shape i love my chest i love my but i love my beautiful face but that problem hurt me so much. At 16 I met a guy i love. Every time we had sex i made sure the lights were off and when they wernt and hug him twrards me so he couldnt see me and i would hurry and clamp my legs shut when we finished lol. he always asks wgt i wont get naked and thinks i dont feel comfortable around him which is because IM not comfortable with myself once im done bleaching i plan to come forward completely naked for him :) lol yay but its for me not for him i want to love my body
no way to 100% get rid of it.

My story:

Hi y'all ! :)
I'm a 21 year old woman. I'm Indian, Never had sex in my life!! I have kind of a golden complexion. The skin around my vagina, and also just below the vaginal area, where the thighs start to touch, is darker than the rest of my body. There is a slight discoloration in my armpits, but thats NOTHING compared to the skin color "down there". But, i'm glad many women and men have this problem, and are insecure like me. Phew! What a relief! lol But i'm gonna try something which i think everyone here should try too. I'm gonna mix some yoghurt, chickpea powder(optional), and lemon juice and apply it over there. Avoiding the lips. Dont want anything getting in there! Since its completely natural it shouldn't cause any sort of irritation or infections or anything like that. I saw some comments in here asking how porn stars have really beautiful vaginas. I wish i knew. They're really lucky. I've heard of something called the 'Anal bleaching'. May be thats what they do. If anybody wanna try that, get it done by a professional. But i prefer getting it lightenend the natural way. I tried a mild bleach around my vagina, avoidng the lips and the area just around the lips. I dont see any improvement whatsoever!! It was a total waste. If anybody tried something and found it REALLY effective, POLEAAASEE post it in here !! LOL Also, try what i said above, i.e youghurt + lemon juice and let me know if its effective. I'm trying it too. Plus they say youghurt is really good for vagina. I'm scared of sex right now because of this problem. But some people said men find darker areas very attractive. But i dont see nothing attractive about it lol Tell me if its true somebody.
But really, i'm doing it mostly for myself, because i dont wanna feel ugly. I wanna love my body, because When you love your body, everyone will automatically love your body! :)
Hi ladies, I also have "the problem" in my armpits and vaginal area. I'm 21 years old and of hispanic descent. I've tried many things to lighten the areas. I tried the South Beach lightening gel and that didn't work. I tried lemons, but in all honesty, that burns! I'm trying Retin-A right now. It seems to be working but it does irritate sometimes. I try not to use it everyday, more like 3 times a week. If you ladies have tried something that has worked, please post it.

Thanks!
Hello everyone... i have good news!  I have had the same 'dark' problem since i was in my teens... Im 35 now.  I have searched everywhere for a cure...tried using lemon, the lightening creams, etc....and nothing worked.  I even asked my doctors over the yrs about it (gynie and MD) and no one could give me an answer except to say it was 'normal'.  
I went to a homeopathic therapist and found out its an over growth of Candida ...which is yeast (heres one website I found that describes it a bit http://www.holistichelp.net/candida.html)  AND THE CURE IS... a cleanse... the cleanse I used is ... Yeast Max...you take two pills in the morning and 2 in the evening and with that is drops you take with the pills for 2 weeks.  its very simple.  this is the one Im using... http://www.advancednaturals.com/Detox/YeastMax.aspx . they recommend you take a total body cleanse first then the yeast max - the total body is the same thing  (2 pills in the morning and 2 in evening,etc).  and for the first time EVER i am seeing results!  I am VERY excite!!  Im sure if this is helping me theres a good chance it could for you.  I wish you all the best.
i also suffering with this problem everybody telling some ideas but nobody telling the complete cure for this ..........because of this problem i am facing so much guilt feeling.........with my husband..........
I have the same problem but is there anybody with this problem that is not overweight I just want to know if this happens to fit people & is still normal
I'm 23, sexually active (I dont think sex has anything to do with this dark skin problem) My family has a history of daibetes AND cancer. My armpits and my vagina are both dark. What kind of deordorant should I be using for the armpits? (I have stopped using deordorant)...I'm not over weight and not physically active as well. problem isnt going away with no deordorant. I'm gonna try the lemons on my armpits (see how that goes) and I'm gonna see my doctor about my vagina. And also try the "Yeast Max"  IF the doctor tells me "it's normal"

Good Luck Everyone :)
It's sounds like, in most cases, tinea versicolor. (I went to the doctor about something similar). Tinea versicolor is a fungul infection that can be treated with selsun blue or other dandruff shampoos (putting it on infected areas and letting it sit for 10-30 minutes washing it off every day for something like a week or two). But for the people who just can't get rid of it -- or it comes back chronically... changing your diet will help a huge amount, but takes way more work and dedication. When it is important/extreme enough, consider going on a cleanse. In essence you want to rid your body of excess yeast, to do that you need to stop feeding the fungi/yeast, by cutting out the sugar it thrives on. So that means no sugar, no refined carbohydrates, no alcohol, etc etc.. We aren't talking a few days. This can take weeks or months. It definitely tests your will power. But if your condition is very serious... painful etc, this truly will help you. Good luck all.
Hi, I'm a 23 year old Asian with yellowish  complexion. I have a normal weight of 58kg and a height of 168cm (which is to the normal side, not overweight) and I have also suffered from the same problems. My armpits are only slightly darker in colour and is of no concern to me, but I am equally worried about the vaginal area, which is darker than my actual skin tone. I am not sexually active. I am still considering on whether I should try on the skin lightening creams, since they are a little to expensive for me to invest on. (I live overseas and the shipping rate is enough to blow my pockets dry). I do hope that I do not have PCOS or some form of diabetes! I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one out there suffering from the same problems, but now I am quite worried about being afflicted by any of the diseases...should I get a checkup? Its too embarrassing though...
I'm 25 and of asian descent. I have fair (yellowish) skin, except for my pits and vaginal area that are really dark. It really affects my self-esteem. I feel so dirty down there. Thanks for all the advice. I'll be trying out everything.
Will keep you posted if anything works :)
i m 20 asian...my armpit and vaginal skin is also darker then rest of the body's skin...i shared it with my frdz n they said they have the same problem and a doctor told me tht its bc of using hair removal creams in these areas..ive started shaving for few months but no change as such...
Treatment and remedies

The treatment of this condition can be suggested only after the cause is ascertained. For normal darkening of the skin, Acanthosis Nigricans, and ageing (aging) skin, there is no treatment. The dark vagina can be treated with home remedies in such a case. If there is a disease that is causing the darkening of the skin tissues, the doctors will determine the appropriate treatment course. Meanwhile, to improve the skin color and texture of your groin region, stop wearing tight synthetic clothes. If you wear synthetic or polyester underwear, switch immediately to comfortable cotton ones. Also, avoid using a razor in your nether regions. Use of talcum powder should also be avoided as much as possible as it can contribute to the darkening of the skin.

As a home remedy, make a mixture of lime juice and yogurt. Apply this mixture in a thick layer along your vaginal skin and groin. Leave the mixture on for at least 20 minutes and then wash off. Do this every day till you begin to notice improvement. During this time, avoid using acidic soaps. Use only mild cleansers on your vaginal area. A paste of yogurt and dried orange peels can also be applied on your vaginal area to improve the skin color. This paste should be rubbed gently in the groin area. This will help you exfoliate dead skin, allowing younger and fairer skin to emerge. Another natural exfoliate is a mixture of powdered oatmeal and yogurt. A paste of this can help in improving skin texture and color. Another effective home remedy is a mix of turmeric powder and lime juice. This can help in improving overall tone of the skin.Make sure you use these remedies for at least two months before giving them up. These remedies act very slowly and may need time to show you results.
source:
http://www.yogawiz.com/blog/home-remedies/dark-vaginal-skin-causes-treatment-area-discoloration.html
Thank you doctor for your reply.  I am a RN and Iasked my PCP about the discoloration between my thighs and armpits.  All he had to say was lose more weight.  I went to see my dermatologist for acne follow up and I inquired  about the dark areas  as well.  Guess what . she was smart  to tell me to get tested for diabetes because I may have insulin resistance.  Sure enough I went back to my PCP and was tested.  I am diabetic and just started taking metformin.  My wonderful dermatologist assured me that the discoloration would improve with metformin.  Needless to say my dermatologist should be my PCP and my PCP is fired!
About the underarms discoloration I would suggest you to do waxing every month. I had the same problem and a beautician suggested me on that. Waxing is completely healthy and does not have any side effect. I go to beauty salon each month and apply the hot wax. Now my underarm skin color looks as white as the rest of my body.

And about the vaginal discoloration it is quite normal for a girl. Just like our hair changes color with age the vaginal area gets darker. U should always keep it clean and dry and adopt all the healthy habits. Other than that I don't think u can do more to it. And if u are worried or feeling embarrassed about what ur boyfriend would think just leave this thought away bcz most men do not care what color vagina a woman has when he is sexually aroused. be confident and don't wory.
I have the same problem under my armpits, and inner thighs. (I use to have it on my neck but its gone!) I've had the same issue for as long as I can remember. I am a little over weight now but I still had this when I was skinny and healthy & eating right. Apparently this is from Insulin Resistance? But if this is an effect of that, how do you reverse insulin resistance? It's embarrassing and gross, none of my friends have this problem. And I never knew other people did too till this forum!
I really really want to get rid of this!
hey, there

i heard about this site from a friend and was ging to posta question about what i thin is an ingrown hair next to my in my armpit that ive had for like 6 months and will not go away no matter what i do. ive stuck a needle into it a million times and i cant find the hair. i squeeze it really hard aonce a week or so when i get out of the shower and white/yellow pus comes out every time. does anybody have any ideas how to get rid of this thing/ it hurts and it gets biggwr and smaller and sometimes its really red. i think its infected. also, all of you people that are writing about dark anal akin and dark vaginas, and nobody really says anything about bleaching creams? iused to have REALLY dark anal skin, and my bf back then said it was gross and looked dirty. i found a cream called divine derriere on their web site and i used it for like a month and now the skin is pink. you dont need lasers or whatever. just use that cream. anyway does any body know to MAKE THS INGROWN HAIR GO AWAY? i think i might see a doctor but i dont have insurance.
I'm only 13 years old and not overweight. The skin in between my thighs is embarassingly dark. It stretches almost halfway down my thighs and is also in my vaginal area. I really really want to get rid of it but my mom has it too and says it's just cuz my thighs are a bit thick so they touch each other and it's no big deal. Can ANYONE please help me? I think they're a few creams I can use but I'm not sure if they're safe and effective...
try rubbing coffee for 5 mins before you take shower, it works and does not hurt :) u will see the difference in 7 days
OMG THNK U!!! i thought i was the only one, but i guess its normal!
I'm 22 and an Asian..People who have commented in this site only say that their inner thigh or skin between armpit and thigh is dark..But my hole thigh, lower part of the back and inner thigh are dark than other part of my body.I never had sex and I'm afraid to have an affair with a boy because of this.I cant remember when did this start.please somebody give me an advice.
hi,,
my daughter has dark tan skin and for the last couple years she has been getting spots that are lighter than her natural skin color i had net someone who had the same issue and she had some kind of cream that helped her skin become normal again . . . so my daughter wont grow up feeling embarrassed about her skin can someone help me find a cream that can help my daughters skin color get back to normal
I have the arabian blood mix. My skin tone is white and lot of people admire it. But my vigina (vagina) is dark. But hey who cares , people still love hving sx with me. And i enjoy sx too. The thing is event how white our vigina (vagina) is guy still guy . So just be cool.
I have the arabian blood mix. My skin tone is white and lot of people admire it. But my vigina (vagina) is dark. But hey who cares , people still love hving sx with me. And i enjoy sx too. The thing is event how white our vigina (vagina) is guy still guy . So just be cool. And i always make sure my vigina (vagina) is clean .
i just looked up some products something called south beach solutions but its expenisive but its suppose to be natural and works good. How ever even if over weight you can change the color or lighten it with coco(shea) butter, and other lighten creams. im looking because my area is dark adn quite a turn off for myself let alone my partner and i dont know what they think.

on the other hand for missy who says she cant lose weight try meizitang my partner used it and lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks...its not that you cant lose weight you need to change your eating habbits
HELLO there everyone!......im 20 years old and have just had my first baby.....i noticed that my groin and vaginal area is darker than before.....a symptom of pregnancy is "uneven skin tone"......ive been using bio oil but havent honestly looked to see if its making a difference.....honestly what i think everyone should do is find a cream or oil of some sort they believe will work and then apply it twice a day....morning and night......make it a habbit....and then without you even knowing it the darkness will improve.....the more you look at it the more self concious you will get and the less faith you will have that it will disappear....dont beat yourself up about it.....like my partner said just treat it, dont dwell on it and before you know it it will disappear.....im looking to also try this cream known as "meladerm".....apparently its really good.....havent tried it yet but maybe if anyone else who hasnt heard of it would like to try it???.....look it up....listen dont worry about it.....and if anyone is worrying how the oppsotie sex will look at you because of it...DONT.....whoever you end up with is the person for you....they will accept you for who you are....and if they leave you because they think your vagina is too dark then stuff them i say.....look at it this way...they cant have all the vaginas in the world and believe me there are so many different vaginas out there....noones vagina is better than the others....everyones unique and if he thinks hes going to find the perfect vagina.....he can think again.....there is no such thing!.....he will even be shocked to find that the next person he ends up with has a dark one too....lol...OR the person who has the vagina he wants may not even want him....haha....so dont worry ladies....love yourself, respect yourself and others will too.....xox
I'm a 14year old girl and I'm so so imbarrasing too.idk what to do I think ill just tell my mom but I'm scared n ashamed very much.I'm light skinned but not that light n my arm pits are darkened. I want to be regular .I look at the girls n the locker room And im so like kinda depressed from looking at them. It bothers me so much.also in my vaginal area but I'm so glad all of u can understand n that I'm not alone. I guess ill just tell my mom and go to the doctors. THANkS FOR THE INSPIRATION :-):-)
you should try this home remedie and should help you girls  with the pigmentation around the vagina erea, 1 tbs olive oil  + 1tbs rose water +1 tbs lemon juice, you should notice the changes in the first week.
am 15.. am asian i have t same problem.. my armpits n my neck and vaginal area are dark..wen i look at the other girls i feel ashamed.. i donna how i gonna show my body to my love after maariage.. i dont know am suffering with PCOS.. plz help me...
Hi.aim to much upset.my vegaina and near aria tomuch dark and dirty.my hasbend not like this.my face and body Coler good and white.but vegaina and near aria very dark and black.what I do.plz kindly guaid me.thanks
i have the same problem, i found the home remedy to mix yogurt and lime juice n apply for 20 mins .....and another one is to mix turmeric powder and lemon juice make a paste n apply and keep for some while n then wash off , n make it a point to rub baking soda or lime slice on the area before 10 mins of  taking a shower...
m gana try this  hope it helps.... :P
my doctor told me it was probably because I am sensitive to my shavers and that I should try waxing.  1, it is messy; 2, I wouldn't go to get it done and 3, it takes too much time.
I had gestational diabetes during my pregnancy and I asked my then diabetes health specialists if I would have diabetes after and she said that because of my family history that I will be pre-diabetic.
I am 27, polynesian and I weigh 140 lbs. My doctor says I should be at 110. I am sexually active with the same partner for 8 years.  I eat a lot of sugars, work too much and I don't excercise at all.
When I was reading everyone's comments it made me realize that everyone was using the words overweight and diabetic. And that no matter what our skin tones we have the same problems.  I definitely am going to ask my doctor for more information on this!  Thanks everyone:)
well this is very common problem...you need not to worry about it at all almost 90% Asian women are facing this its natural to be dis-colored around the pubic area and armpits and excessive sweat is main cause for this.... because in Asia climatic conditions are very hot and humid which is the main cause of creating sweat and germs around that area.make clean that area properly & shave that properly after regular intervals
Pcos can cause a lot of health problem..i have darken skin too and i m having irregular mensus..and i m of course obese. And now i m diagnose as diabetes and on hypoglisemic drug...Try to reduce weight..it is easy to say than action..
You have to tell your doctor. That's the one person you have to be honest with for your own good. They see things live this every day, there's nothing they haven't seen. Dont worry about what they'll think of you.
Yay Professor Plum!  Thank you for the sane logical and kind response to the slew of our insecurities driven by an insane society that's become neurotic about the seeming perfection of women's bodies.  It never seems to end the cycle of which body part we should start worrying over and repair :(  
Thanks in part to the visual access of porn culture/internet, we now have a veritable library of vaginas to look at and compare ourselves too?!  Pop culture is ruining our psyches.
Really sick.
BUT what this post does show is how many women DO have coloring in the vaginal area.  So that would lead me to believe, it's normal.  As I was wondering at what level means it's normal or excessive?

IS there ever a point at which a woman should worry about this kind of thing??  Or are we just being inundated with body neurosis driven by profits and ugly industries???

Be well ladies....we are NOT wrong in who we are! We're just living in a sick society.  
Posts like ours show should you how many women DO have this which only proves how 'normal' or common it really is :D  
I have the darker coloration on my neck, under arms, and vaginal area too. I'll admit, it can all be a little embarassing at times, but I've started to live with it. I did decide to check it out, and I have to say that I'm glad I'm not the only one, and knowing that I'm not the only one I can be even more confident than before in how I look. I had a doctor tell me she suspected that I had PCOS which, from the sounds of it, could explain the discoloration.
At the same time though, this is clearly something really normal and affects many many many women other than just yourself. I'm not saying don't get yourself checked out, because if it is diabetes then it could be quite important to get that checked out. But at the same time, I feel it's nothing to be embarassed about. It's just a part of who we are. No matter what we are all women, we are all human, we are all beautiful, and we are all unique. So rather than try to hide what we have, I say take pride in it and think of yourself as nothing but beautiful. Because now that I have confirmation that it is in fact normal, I do not care.
brewed coffee?? or from the pack??
The condition is called Acanthosis Nigricans and it's pretty much dark velvety type skin in the skin folds and creases. It's caused by excessive weight or excessive weight gain too quickly. It pretty much can also be a pre diabetic type condition, especially if you are overweight and the fat is mainly around the stomach. Losing weight should help it otherwise hydrocortisone cream helps. To those that are afraid of talking to a doctor, don't be! They really don't judge and however bad you think your condition is, they have probably seen worse. Hope this helps!
I have the same problim the skin in my vaginal area is dark. I am only 16 years old and yes i am white and i have had this prblime be for i became sexual active and i was 15 when i became active. Im to embarrassed about it to go ask my mom or to even ask to go get checked out i wont even let my bf go any were near there during sex and i wont even let him kiss my stomach area abuve it. I just assumed that it was because of the fact that i do shave down there. And when i did notice it i though i was the only one but now im a little relieved that im not alone. But my question still stands is there any thing wrong with me????    
I am only 15. I'm white. I'm not sexually active. I'm a cross country runner and soccer player. I'm definitely not over weight, but I do eat a lot of junk food and sweets. I've noticed the discoloration for 2 years, but it has gotten to where my genital area is almost all dark brown! Should I tell my mom about it?
Hi, im 13 and have brown pachy  discoloration on the intersection of my thigh and vagina and on the vagina lips.
i have no idea what it is but i know I've had it ever since  i can remember.
i haven't to my parent and don't what to go to the doctor.( im very shy. )
so what do i do?

If you read some of the other comments you will notice that it happens to women of all races and colors, some more than others. From my own experience and what I've read, it can happens during puberity and menopause, and even though you have light skin its a matter of genetics coming from one or both of your parents, so far there are no real cures. You can try using skin lightners as I have once upon a time, but beware this can cause infections or make the problem worse. What has happen to you is normal, I don't like it but,  learned to embrace it. This has never caused to loose a man or not be able to keep one, its like it only matters to us women. Men either don't care or willing to accept us as we are.
Hi, was actually relieved to see your post, cz it made me feel im not alone. Im 22 years old. And have PCOS. I think its one of the most depressing illnesses a woman cold have. I was happy to know that you have two healthy children, cz Im feelin scared that this PCOSyndrome decreased our child bearing ability. In addition to that the excess hairgrowth is the major problem that i'm facing right now. How did you handle it??? Please let me know. cz im really desperate. I want to love my body, but im hatin it ryt now..
i have the same thing and it is embarrasing u shud consult the doctor just dont be afraid its for the best and it is better to show the doctor now than to show your partner then..
dr please tell me
if i lost my weight and i treated from the Polycystic ovaries
the skin will back to its own color ?!!!!!!!
The reason we have those is because all the years of shaving long story short. To prevent it from becoming worse its best to use hair removing cream. If you have to use a shaver use a gentle one or cream that prevents less rough in that area. Dove just came out with a deordorent that gets rid of the dark under arm marks (probably take a month max to clear). As for bikini area there are creams you could find like on Amazon not cheap tho.
I'm an Indian guy, my wife is Indain and I have had many Indian Girlfriends in the past and it's normal for Indian women to have Dark Vaginas. I am light skinned and I too have a Dark Penis. I happen to think that a Dark Vagina on an Indian Woman is extremely sexy and exotic!
I'm. 50 and now gave this discoloration going on I'm black and mine pinkish purple very weired looking haven't bern sexual active for some time now.
I dont think being overweight causes the discoloration at all (everyone comes in different colors shapes and sizes) For example men; some light complected men have a darker package from their actual skin tone and some darker complected men dont have a darker package than their actual skin tone and some do have it much darker ! I have had dark under arms and vag for as long as I can remember and I wasnt over weight before I had my 2 kids. Yeah it is exremely humiliating but I have to live with it :/  but my aunt claims that fresh lemon juice and baking soda make your darker areas(such as armpits elbows knees neck and around your vag) get lighter within time, recipe;fresh lemon juice and baking soda mixed into a paste rub on dark areas and let sit for 15 to 20 minutes do this on a daily basis until you see result. Ive never had the patience to actually try it but hey it might really work! Good luck to you all. :)
hi  vids10 iam also a indian girl who  has the same problem.......i am also worried about my vagina area.its is also dark and i am scared to get marry and let my partner see how unpleasant  it look.
Hi!

I'm so happy to read about the lemons :-) because a friend of mine told me about them helping with skin discoloration but i didn't listen but now i'll try again. thanks for posting.
The natural way to go about it are lemons and waxing. After waxing you will see the results immediatly dear.

I could've been a model too if not for the dark areas on my body, i was always so imbarrased. So not all models have perfect skin unfortunately but we women with this problem have alot of love so it balances it self out.
I have this too it's beginning to really get me down  I feel conscious wearing a bikini and l dont like my bf seeing that area as I am so embarrassed by it I am a 21 year old female and even though I have tried bleaching creams and things the darkness around my vaginal and anal areal seems to stay... Does anyone know of any sort of lotion or cream that can help I tried having waxes also as I thought shaving was the problem but that hasn't worked either :(
The darkness under your arms can be caused from shaving. It can be irritation from your razor & your deodorant. If you use limes or lemons (either will work because they have Citric acid in them) and rub some under your arms and avoid using deodorant. I know it sounds gross but a lot of the deodorant we use contains aluminum which doesn't help. You can go to the store and purchase deodorant that does NOT contain aluminum an that may help but rub some lime/lemon juice under your arms about 2 times a day. The color will begin to fade. Try waxing under your arms aswell it'll pick up any dirt. As for your inner thighs I have no idea I am too struggling with that problem aswell.
It's so embarrassing to talk about the discoloration near my thighs and around my vagina area.. I am 16 and overweight by roughly ten pounds. I weigh 124 pounds and I am not sexually active. I hate it because it feels like my area is dirty. My armpits are NOT discolored, not even slightly. My area is sort of a dark brown color and I even have a few brown speckles near that area. It really scares me! I heard that it may be a sign of diabetes, but it's confusing to me because diabetes does NOT run in the family and my diet is extremely healthy and always has been. My diet has always consisted of more than the daily servings of fruits and vegetables since I was young.

I'm scared to talk to my doctor about it because all the doctors I go to are so rude about my weight. And to make it worse, my parents are sooooo not friendly with my weight issue. They make fun of me a lot about my weight and so does my sister. There's not really another adult in the family that I feel comfortable talking to about my weight either. It makes me feel so scared to open up about this. I'm really scared though, could anyone tell me what may be wrong or how I can talk to my parents about this?
It's perfectly normal! If you were born with it or it occurred when you were young, don't fret. It's actually very common. If it is something that seemed to develop recently I would check into it, but honestly it's much more common than most websites would lead you to believe. If it bothers you a lot, it may only be dry skin. Try moisturizing with a safe, non chemical moisturizer like cocoa butter.
I am 34 and recently my partner noticed that inside my vagina has turned black,it looks like smudges,could someone please help as im worried,would like to know what it could be,please help!
Doctor,
          Im 28 m single not sexually active. I have been to the hospital and the doctor advised me to weight loss and vitamin c tablets for 1 month for the same problem, She also asked about diabetes and that i tested many times thats normal, please reply me and advice me better cure for this problem i will be very thankful to you.....Im so much worried about it. my email id is ***@**** thanx
I have dark labia skin since i was teenager but my armpit skin  was same with the rest of my body. My skin wast fair with slightly yellowish tone (east asian).
I think it's because most of my body fat stored at my butt and thigh. with those huge thigh, the friction between leg when walking will often happen... So I think's it's right to losing weight.
btw yeah I don't have a clue how come porn star have so fair labia maybe it just because the genetic or those skin bleaching agents.
thnks
you are exactly right pcos my girls and i have it and it causes discoloration check into it ladies alot of us have it and just dont know it that is why we have the discoloratiom
Hi I would like to know do you have a itch on your clit.  I have the same problem you have and my Gyn wants to do the same thing to me.  Yes I'm praying I don't have cancer.  
I am 17 I allso am over waight but sexualy active I allso have like boils on the black bits and I sques them and puss comes out of it dose anyone have this as well I any so ashamed that i think that's why my boyfrend for 1 year brok up with me plz I need help but ensnasesed to ask a gp
i too am darker in y vagina area n iam so self conscinous!i wont do certain positions with y boyfriend when its light im so embrassed about it.i tried all kinds of skin bleaching n scrub no lightening.im 30 n white female.im guessing it started when i was 25.wish it go away!!!!!!
What should i do? im 15 in the caramel skin tone and this really worries me. (the discoloration) i am overweight like ALOT but its distributed evenly sorta like i dont look fat but i weigh like 187 and im barely 5ft tall. Suggestions anyone
Hey, I have the same problem on my genital area, however I do not show discolouration on my neck or armpits (those that do should seek medical attention). I do that it's normal, since I am sexually active and the discolouration is similar to when my thighs rub together too much (overweight).  Soo I'm banking on rough sex and prolonged sex, since it wasn't always brown down there. Test it when you dont have sex for a long time. If it lightens... Now for the ladies who aren't and have had it since youth, seek a doctor or talk to your mom, may be genetically induced.  Good luck ladies. Best thing is to talk about it. And if you're embarrassed with your sexual partner, I'm sure they'll understand and it may better your connection through communication. If it's embarrassing and doesn't allow you to wear a bathing suit, seek a doctor. Otherwise, bleaching looks like the best option.
am so sadden 2 say i hav d same problem...as long as i cud remember,,,bLACK tights...but  i hav been using palmers fade cream for the pass couple months an it did alot of mprovement..blieve me when i say it was really dark between my legs an now i kinda hav a lil confidence to open my legs for my bf...try it ..phew an i wil continue 2 use it,,,take my lil advice an try...expecially all d young gals...u need ths...gudluck
For me doc. Last few years i have some rusher on my crotch between my legs and when its gone the black remain that have like stain. How can i regain my white skin in my crotch? Please help
I'm kinda light skinned, like a tan, but my vagine area is really dark, idont know why :( I'm not sexually active and I want to know if I can get rid of it, also my armpits, but I'm think that's cause I shave, I used this cream calledd nadinola and it helped my arm I'm not sure if I should use it on my vagina area... HELP?
I actually have the same problem and I went to the doctor to be checked because I was concerned and they told me it is called a skin pigmentation and it is usually caused in women overweight they gave me a piece of paper with ALL of the reasons that this may occur which is 1.Ageing (aging) 2.Regular application of talcum powder to the vaginal area 3.Diseases like cushings disease and acromegaly 4.Disorders in the skin,liver,intestines, or adrenal glands 5.Excess production of melanin 6.Gastric cancer 7.Heredity 8.Hormonal imbalances 9. Hyperthyroidism 10. Caused from Yeast infections 11.Malnutrition or deficiancy of certain vitamins 12.Obesity 13.Polycistic overarian syndrome 14.Shaving the vaginal area too often 15.Using certain (cheap) shaving creams and body washes 16.Wearing tight clothing or tight Underwear made from synthetic material. Those are ALL of the symptoms as to why skin discoloration takes place my doctor said its called a SKIN PIGMENTATION and it accurs in the neck,armpits and groin and there is pills and ointment your doctor is supposed to give you for it but if they don't then go to Google and search home remedies for vaginal skin discoloration and pigmentation and it also tells you the causes for it if nobody believes what I've said here today but thanks to everyone who takes the time to read this, god bless you all!!!
I also have the same thing and my doctor told me it is called a skin pigmentation and it occurs in the vaginal area, back of the neck and armpits and it can be curred by ointment from the doctor or certain pills from the doctor but if the discoloration is underneath the skin layer then there is no cure for it
There is. Go to Google and look up home remedies for vaginal discoloration and pigmentation and it tells you how to get rid of it and also tells you what all causes it
Ugh i just noticed this too! I hate that gray looking color. My Gynecologist has never mentioned any concerns though.So I am guessing it is normal! But Gross!'
OBTW my Ex Fiance always told me I had a pretty -----!