sleep masturbation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

sleep masturbation

I have a problem I guess. My husband says I masturbate in my sleep. He gets mad and says that I am awake and that I know I am doing it but I truely dont know I am. What should I do am I to sexual or what how can I stop myself from doing it if I dont know I am?
My husband says the same thing to me. Sometime I just wake up and have an ich that I am scratching and it wakes him up. But he thinks I am masturbating. But sometimes he is mad in the morning and tells me I was "doing it again". So maybe I do masturbate in my sleep. I truly don't think I am ether.

What I do is try to sleep with my hands above my head, or around him. That way he can't even think that I am.
Sometimes I do the same thing and am scratching and I think it wakes him up and he just assumes but I tell him that I was only scratching and he still doesnt believe me. I dont know but I am starting to think I really do it. But I am asleep so I dont know.  
I started to doubt myself too. I know how frustrating this can be. Why do they even care? Guys masturbate all the time. Mine seems to think I am thinking of someone else. I know I am not.

Hugs. Are you going to try the sleeping with your hands above your head? This seemed to work for me.
Do you guys have sex often? My fiance and I both tend to get excited in our sleep so we end up having sex in the middle of the night when we see the other one is horny. Maybe suggest to your husband that when he sees you masturbating he should join in, have some fun with it!!
Have they tried talking to you or waking you up while you are doing it? Or do they just wait until morning to complain about it to you?  Tell them to wake you up when you are doing it, and maybe they will see you are really sleeping.
I told my husband to wake me up. But he doesn't listen. Its okay, we dont have this problem anymore.

I thought I was the only one who ever had this problem. Me and my husband have a great relationship. This was just a bizarre quark he had.
My fiance is doing the same thing heavy breathing and moaning followed by masturbation it is starting to cause problems in our relationship she isn't aware she is doing it and gets mad because I try and join.I've also tried to wake her up but she gets irritated that I woke her up last night she started at 3 and did it off and on until 8 I'm not getting any sleep because of it is there any help out there for this or is it something I'm just gonna have to try and cope with? Emotionally it is taking a tole on me and I don't know where else to turn
I would certaintly like to know how to resolved this behavior as well. I am a 29 year old female with the same issue. I apparently touch myself in my sleep according to my girlfriend. She is very upset with me (as if i am acting out voluntarily) and aggressively tells me how insecure it makes her feel. Can you please explain to me logically why you are saying it emotionally takes a toll on you? I am genuinely curious because, I feel like you as well as my girlfriend are being way insensitive and making it about you. It is 'happening' to me involuntarily. It would be like getting mad over sleepwalking. Wait, maybe some spouses do? Maybe I am in the wrong here? Please explain because I cant logically wrap my mind around it and am beginning to feel like the only answer is ending our relationship because she can't cope with my involuntary sleeping disorder? or whatever you'd like to call it.
Approx 3 months ago my husband was ticked off with me. After about two days of ignoring me he finally text me at work to tell me that I was moaning and groaning and touching myself  in my sleep. I was in complete shock!!! Idk, I have always felt that masturbation was dirty but I've learnt over the years that it is not. Anyhow, he says he tries to get in on the action but I push him away or turn him down. I've tried sleeping with my hands over my head but my hands go numb sometimes. He threatens me he's going to video tape me. I feel like he doesn't trust me and now I sleep way more worse cause every time I move am inch I wake up thinking he's watching my every move. I've told him to wake me up, not tap tap on my shoulder, I mean shake me to wake me up all the way. He won't. Last nite I remember him putting his hand on my butt, I remember his hand was cold and I didn't want to be woken up. He slept on the couch last nite and we got into an argument at 3 am in the morning. I'm just sick to my stomach, I really don't know what to do. He accuses me of sounding very aroused and he wants to know who I'm thinking of cause I don't sound that aroused when we have sex. I just sit and sob, I feel depressed, unloved, belittled and disgusting. I am sleeping through the entire event! It's truly ruining the trust my husband has for me. Idk what to do!
I got the same shock this morning. My husband kept touching me mind u I was turned away from him each time he woke me up touching me I would move away from him and 10 mins later he would  do it again.  Then he gets up and lol I was glad I fell back asleep and sometime around 4:45am he comes in to get his blanket ask what's up and he says I'll tell you in the morning im thinking he's mad I wouldn't give it up. He finally tells me I've been masturbating in my sleep. I tell him no you was touching me he  says this is something I do often. I am not the masturbating type I don't like it its nasty and I enjoy a vibrator while me n my husband make love or randomly without him very seldomly. I actually don't know how to masturbate without it. Anyway he gets online and finds that some people have sexomnia. I think he's wrong and  I want proof but he got mad. I had the worst day of my life and I'm convinced he had a wet dream but I don't know. Hope you girls handle it better than I did good luck.
Is there any cure fir this?!  My 20 year relationship it's ending because of this...
I"m on the man side of this discussion, and I will tell you that any negative reaction from a guy is fear and a feeling of lack of control. The fear sets in that the fantasy is not you, or that the fantasy will turn to a reality. The control aspect is that he isn't making you as happy, or he wants to get "involved" because he wants to make you happy.

You all have two realities between you and your partner that you are trying to make one, well really three because one is subconscious. It's an uncomfortable double edge sword. If you say nothing you make a man feel week and force the man to fill that empty conversation with things that probably aren't true. If you have the conversation then this subconscious experience becomes a conscious reality, whis now makes you feel week! No simple solution except for when it comes to sex women always have more control, so be strong, communicate and feel comfortable with yourself. view it as an opportunity to build someone else up and go outside your comfort level. A man can only be as strong as his partner will allow him to be!