small, tiny red pinpoint looking dots on skin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I have noticed small, red dots appearing on skin lately.  They are not raised and the do not itch or anything.  They are painless.  There are some on my chest and several on my stomach.  They just started appearing for no reason.  Does anyone know what this is or what could be causing it?
Sounds a little like heat rash, but could be anything. Have you recently changed laundry detergents or anything like that? My son used to break out like that, and it was after I changed the detergent i was using. had to switch back to the other brand.
No, I haven't changed anything like that.  The red dots are really really small.  They are in the skin.  They look like I took a red pen and just put a dot on my skin....very small.  They aren't going away.  Usually while I'm in the bathtub I'll see new ones that have  appeared. I can't figure out what's causing them.
my mum had something like what you are discribing. they were red dots like someone had dotted your skin with a pen??  they were called blood blisters. my dh gets them sometimes on his back, they don't hurt, they just appear and the go. i dont actually know the cause though!
Ever had the chicken box, the German or the hard measles?
Sounds like a call to the doctor is a good idea.
I get the red dots all the time, especially after a hot bath. For me they usually go away once I cool down. I never really thought much of them, I have gotten them for years. I guess it is heat related for me, but not worth giving up my quiet time in a hot relaxing bath.
If they persist or continue to increase, I would mention to the doctor.
I don't know the name for them, but I've got them, lots of them.  I don't think they are much to worry about.
I usually get after hot shower or bath, especially if i rub. its weird, cause they dont itch or hurt as you said, but i think its normal to have them. dont stress about this. bye now!
I don't think it is a skin rash or anything serious. It sounds to me it is only broken blood vessels. The vessels underneath your skin, if broken, will bleed out of your pores. It is due to lack or exercise, or poor circulation in the body. They will either look like obvious spider veins or tiny red dots.
i have had the same dots. they come out of no where and they are far apart and only like one or two, but mine dont go away ever i dont think there nething but im going to the doctors to check it out, i live in a hot climate and i think that may cause it
I have exactly the same thing and I went to the doctor, he said they were broken blood vessels and had me immediately checked for Hepititis (hepatitis) C, and Liver diseases.  Apparently if you have a damaged liver the dots are a symptom of that.  I was worried, but my blood work showed no hepitits, and liver blood tests were regular.  It could still be the very begining of a liver problem so I have to go back to the dr.  next week, but whatever it ends up being I dont think the dots them self are a problem, its what they may be a sign of that is a problem, I would go to the Dr. and have your liver checked if I were you...