smelllly vaginal odour!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

smelllly vaginal odour!

I got tested a few months ago for an STI because I smelt a fishy odour coming from downstairs. Turned out I had trichomonal vaginosis, so I was given medication and when I came off the medication I got tested again and the infection had gone and I was clear of any infection - but the smell is still there! And there's a strange thick dark discharge aswell :( what is it and how can I get rid of it!?
U sound the same as me I was told after medication that I'd b tested and if I didn't get a call I'm all clear well I didn't get a call wich I suppose I should b happy about but I still have the symptoms .. So I lookd into it and ther was a lady tellin me her account and she said she was fine tested negative and after her period the symptoms came bak really bad she was tested again and she came bak positive she sed she was takin metronadizole which is the same I was takin ...what was the drug u was given?? .. Iv been told to go bak to the doctors and ask 4 tididazole or sumfin I'm nt sure what the name is I'll find out pls stay in touch tho as I feel so alone at the minute :(  
If your partner isnt treated he can reinfect you
I havnt been near anybody sinse this
Yikes. i dont know. i have been told that you can get it if you share towels. it can live long enough to transmit that way. but thats about what i know. i looked it up once and the information isnt that great. i had it once 12 yrs ago mine cleared up. my bf at the time was a virgin(before me) but i found out he used his neighbors towels. he lived in a quad so he didnt even know the people ewwwwww nasty. bugs are getting harder to treat.