smelly belly button

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

smelly belly button

my belly button has been smelling very bad i was wondering if maybe i had an infection or if it is bc i had a baby why would my belly button smell i clean it with peroxide but i drip it into my belly button bc i don't like to touch my belly button what do you think is wrong with my belly button
I have the same as well. I think its natural. I am trying to find a way to remove it regularly.
i had this problem as well i went to the doc about it and he gave me a cream but it didn make any difference. i think its natural.
I have very smelly belly button as well.When i sweat it tends to scent of something similar to top ramen and feet. Its chapped around the edges and leaks this gooey yellow substance. I eat it sometimes when i'm in the mood for somehting soury. i don't know what to do about this issue, or maybe i don't want to get rid of it at all. I'm very confused
I have the same thing. I was told it's a yeast infection in my belly button. I have a prescription for it, and it works quite well. You can buy yeast infection creams at your pharmacy that work the same. I hope this was helpful to you.
it's really easy to sort this.  it's nothing to do with not washing properly or anything like that - it's to do with not getting your belly button dry afterwards.  i had it and it took less than a week to stop it.  after you bath or shower, get dry as usual.  then take a piece of tissue about the size of a 50p - place it flat over your belly button - with your little finger press the middle of the tissue into your belly button - make sure it goes right to the back and do it carefully so it doesn't tear (the tissue lol) - then tuck the edges of the tissue in and press them in (gently!) so you've made a sort of plug.  leave this for a bit - maybe half an hour, it doesn't really matter how long - then do it again and keep repeating until the tissue comes out clean with no smell - then leave your belly button alone.  next day do the same and so on and so on until no smell.  i still plug with tissue for 10 mins each time i shower to stop it coming back
i cant believe u said u eat ur belly button gunk... that is discusting.. i hope u get really ill u vile creature
i have exactly the same, my belly button  seeps with yellow discharge and it really smells.i have had 2 children a girl of 3 and a boy of 8 months. whilst i was pregnant it totally stopped and since having my little boy it has come back again. its feels very tender to touch too. please help with some ideas on how to get rid
To the person or creature that says she or he eats what comes out of the belly button OMFG!!! are you kidding me???? your belly button is not the issue here you need psycological help that is discusting!!! GROSSSS
I have the same thing i really horrible smell coming from my belly button and i think its yellow also i had an itchy belly button before so i itched it with my pyjama top and ive noticed since its been washd its been liked bleach its made my top a different colour? i dont think this is normal sometimes it is very red and sore around the outside aswel but it makes me feel sick its that bad! Help!
Try this simple remedy:  Dip a cotton swab in some apple cider vinegar and swab out your belly button hole.  Vinegar kills both fungus and bacteria.  I even killed nail fungus with ordinary white vinegar foot soaks.  
Heyy I'm only young just entering my teens [nearly] and I have the exact same smell and junk in my belly button is that normal for a girl my age??
He's taking the **** as he is too immature to understand a medically related conversation. Don't worry he will soon become ill off his lovely habit. One less clueless and uneducated and unable to spell chav in the world is no great loss to us all.
People. The person who said they eat their belly button gunk is a troll. A troll is someone that posts things just to get people freaking out. So don't react. :)  in regards to the post. My belly button also has a vial smell and some discharge but does not leak on it's own I only know that there is discharge because I try to wipe out what ever is making it smell and I got this redish, brown goo.. on the tissue paper. I kept wiping until it went away but it still smells.. I'm going to try to wash it everyday and make sure it gets dry. That only make PERFECT sense. :)  thanks for everything guys.
My kid has the same problem. After the bath I make sure we dry it well with cotton swab and then we put some baby powder in it. You have to be consistent and do it daily because it will come back. There are weird things living in our belly buttons :-D If it's red and itchy then it's most likely yeast infection. You can use the yeast infection creams and it heals it very well. The thing is that belly buttons accumulate sweat and bacteria just feeds on it, dies and makes terrible odor. Keep your belly buttons dry, not squished, vent when possible and stop picking at it which also irritates the skin and causes problems. Baby powder works wonders when it comes to keeping it dry!
thanks, this is the first answer that made ant sense