soft cervix

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

soft cervix

I  have heard that your cervix goes hard again after ovulation.  My husband and I are kind of trying to get pregnant and I was wondering if there is any other reason besides pregnancy that causes the cervix to be soft.  It was hard 3 or so days ago and now it is soft. Almost really soft and it has a tilt to it.
When your cervix is soft and raised then you are probably ovulating or approaching ovulation.  Checking your cervix to try to determine pregnancy is not accurate at all.  By the time there are any noticeable cervical changes from pregnancy you could have already gotten a + on an HPT.
hi. i was just wondering how do you check your cervix and tell if it is hard or soft.
my cervix was VERY soft and mushy the day before I got my BFP, I never checked it after I got my BFP.

Take Care
I know I am not ovulating cause I am 3-4 days away from cycle.  Is there anything else that causes the cervix to soften?
Anyone know?
I was wondering, is there anyone who can tell me what the abbrev. mean or if there is something that tells you what they mean?  Such as BFN and BFP
BFN means "Big Fat Negative" result for a HPT.  BFP means
"Big Fat Positive" results for a HPT.  Sometimes a soft cervix
could mean you're pregnant.  Is it possible?  Maybe you should
take a HPT (Home Pregnancy Test).  Good luck!
Took test 5 days ago. Thinking that it must have been to early to tell cause I haven't had my mo.time yet and instead of starting, I spotted which I have heard is common the first mo. after conception.  May try again in couple of days.
I was told by my sister in law, who is a nurse, that a soft and high cervix is caused when you have high amounts of estrogen.  I was wondering if there was anyone who could please help me and tell me what causes you to have high amounts of estrogen over a long period of time.  My cervix has been as soft as a pillow and so high up I cannot hardly reach it with my fingers.  It has been this way for a couple of weeks now and I just came off my cycle and I am not ovulating and I do not know what else is the cause of this.
Being overweight or having thyroid or other hormonal irregularities can cause high estrogen levels as well as a soft cervix.
I am also having this and I know I ovulated a week ago, then cervix was hard and low for 2 days, then it went back up again like I'm ovulating and its slightly open, but i have already ovulated...?