solutions for hormonal hair loss

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

solutions for hormonal hair loss

Looking for positive results, experienced from taking prescribed hormone replacement drugs. Take them or not take them?
My doc told me to get the vitamin supplement centrum silver (I'm 27) bc it works wonders for ppl w hair loss. I also got vitamin E..pliers broke it open & opened it up & rubbed it on my scalp. I also bought a product called murad for thinning hair which you can get online. All of that worked wonders!! Within a month I noticed my scalp was not thin anymore & my hair actually began to thicken! If you do by the murad shampoo be careful to not get it near your ears. It may tingle a little bit the 1st time but that goes away. Plus you only use it like once or twice a week. My hair was coming out in chunks & all in the shower & sink. Try that combination or at least the 1st two for sure. Hope this helps..I know how awful it can be.
On the vitamin E it was suppose to say take the pill & then cut it open (its a gel cap) & rub it on your scalp..spell check always messes up :)
Thank you for your time to post a comment. I will try Vitamine E on the scalp.
Will look up Murad shampoo and consider.

Have been taking Nature's Bounty - Hair, Skin & Nails, for just a couple of weeks. Have Centrum Silver in my cabinet. Will consider taking it again.
Also tried BioSilk and Biotin.

Spinach, avocado, beans and carrots are suggested nutrition. I'm making an effort to get that into my daily diet. Thanks again.
Oh no problem! I seached forever & tried everything but those 3 (well after the centrum didnt do it alone) it really helped! I have over half of that shampoo left and it didnt take long. But i noticed (not so bad this time) i started losing my hair again but bc of stress & used the shampoo and rubbed the vit. E on & in a week helped again. So im pretty confident in it. I think i found the shampoo on amazon..but checked out the actual site too. I never bought stuff randomly like that online but nothing worked. I hope you find something bc i thought at 27 i was seriously gonna be bald!!! haha anyway be blessed
Did anything work?