someone please help me understand

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

someone please help me understand

I'm 23 years old and I am afraid to go to the doctor. I have 2 children and am pregnant with my third. While I was pregnant with my 2nd child, I got a severe case of external hemorrhoids. There are several of them, they look like folds of skin overlapping each other surrounding my anus. I delivered my son almost three years ago. I have dealt with them every day since then. They itch, they bleed, they swell. It's hard for me to clean myself after a bowel movement, because of the way they are folded. It's hard for me to have a bowel movement, sometimes I feel like I need to and don't, and other times I can't tell when I'm done. I've tried the over the counter vasoconstrictors, and they don't work. They are big enough that I can grab them with my fingertips. when they swell I can feel them between my cheeks. I think I may be suffering from internal ones as well, because sometimes if I'm having a hard time the area between my vaginal opening and my anus swells and feels a little hard.

I know this is gross to read, but I'm so afraid and embarrassed to say anything to the OB gyn, i'm not even sure if they are the docs that i'm supposed to be telling this problem to. I'm very scared that it will get worse when I get further into this pregnancy and deliver. does anyone have any advice? I don't know what else to do ... I can't even find a picture online that closely resembles what mine look like. I found one pic one time of the early stages of prolapsed hemorrhoids that had the same fan-folded appearance.

please please someone help me. I truly am scared.
I dont really  have any personal experience in this area, but if youre pregnant, youre going to be going to the doctor a lot anyways and they are most likely going to see the problem anyways.  Since youve delivered twice, you must have realized that doctors see lots of unattractive things, but its their job to put up with gross stuff.  Sometimes if you just give them a call and ask to speak to a nurse and tell her about the issues, at least youre not telling them face to face the first time, that may help with any embarrassement.