something is wrong and gp will not help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

something is wrong and gp will not help

hey i am new at this but i need help. i will start at the begin first, me and my other half have been together for 6 years and  have a 5 year old son, we always said we didn't want no more kids so in Dec 07 I had the implant put in but in early 2012 we said we would try so in June of this year i had my implant removed. 2 weeks later my belly was swollen and went hard in the pelvis area. didn't think much of it at the time but when i still had it 4 weeks later my grandma told me to go gp. i told her everything and she felt my belly. told me to do a test and when that came back negative test she sent one off to the lab but still came back the same, started to get worse, could not bend over or move to fast as it would hurt. when to the gp agian and was told this time i was bloated and fat, he didnt consider i was preg as i was still having monthly bleeding. then like 18 weeks on still the same but with sore boobs, blue veins, pins and needles in left hand (i had with my first son) indigestion, and still belly is swollen still the gp thinks im crazy because i still have monthly bleeds and tests say no, what am i to do? i would 20 something weeks !!
Go to hospital and speak to someone. tell them how worried you are that something isnt right. they cant just tell you your fat and nothing is rong... do you have enough money to pay for a private ultrasound to see inside.. that would put your mind at ease and if it turns out you are pregnant then you take that doctor to court for all hes worth!!
Hi there and welcome.  Well, having a negative pregnancy test at 20 weeks would be very unlikely if you were indeed pregnant.  I'm thinking that you most likely are not pregnant but have something else going on that you need to uncover.  There are things that happen with the ovaries and uterus that can cause these symptoms and it is important to find out what is going on.  I would seek the help of your ob/gyn (and a new one if you don't like or trust your current doctor) but not to convince them that you are pregnant but that you want to know why you are having these problems.  They can do a transvaginal ultrasound, a CA 125 test, and some general blood work to see what is happening with your hormone levels (thyroid issues for example can cause symptoms similar to pregnancy).  I do wish you the best of luck.  I'd be persistant but would try to look for other things than just pregnancy that could cause what is going on with you.  
hey thanks, i'm going to go back to see a diff g.p as i don't feel any better as my belly feels like its doing flips and its making feel sick. also my back is starting to hurt. just know there is something wrong!!