sore belly button after tubal

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

sore belly button after tubal

I had my tubes tied 2 weeks ago.  I feel much better, but my belly button is sore.   It looks like it is running . . . not too gross but don't know if I should clean it with alcohol & put antibiotic cream on it or leave it alone.  Any suggestions?
I cleaned mine. It will be sore for a while.I put hydrogen peroxide on mine . It haleped the soreness.
Does this happen often with a tubal?  I havn't had one so I don't have much info.  It sounds a little distressing.  One more reason to get the dh to have a vasectomy
i had laperscopic surgery and they made an incision in my belly button and a week after the operation my belly button started to hurt really bad and then it started to drain fluid mostly clear and i went to the doc and she gave me antibiotics. it took about another week but it finally cleared up. But if your belly button is leaking fluid for more then 24 hours and it is really sore you may have an abses (abscess)(sp?) from tearing a stitch inside. my belly botton was so sore that i had to hold my bell while i walked. and there was a hard spot under the belly button. i hope this helped, and i am sorry that i rambled on i am not good at keeping it short:)Amanda
How did all your belly buttons heal? My insicion in my belly button is looking like mabye it has opened a little but nothing seems infected or anything. I am 3 days post op and I have been washing my insicion morning and night with soap to keep it clean. Did all your guys insicions heal nicely? Just worried about the scar.
I had a tubal ligation five years ago when i gave birth to my third child. They did it threw my belly button and ever since i have had clear smelly liquid coming out of it off and on. I clean it with a Q tip when i get out of the shower, but it has never gone away. Has anyone had the same problem?
I have had my tubal done 7 years ago and have had repeated problems with bellybutton. I smells and gets sore quite often. I do have a discharge in it and now it looks like it's open deep inside. I wonder if it could be open into my stomach wall?  I had another operation done recently and had the doctor make the incision on the outside of my bellybutton instead of on the inside and it healed perfectly. If you are planning to have a tubal, suggest an incision on the outside if you don't mind the scar. I'd rather have a small scar than the irrating effects of a disharge.
Shannon79 commented on Shannon79's status
3 mins ago
Shannon79 commented on Butter tart recipe
4 mins ago
Belle313 commented on photo
7 mins ago
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals