sour smelling discharge

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

sour smelling discharge

For the past few months I have noticed a very sour smell coming from my normal discharge and it is driving me nuts! I have no pain or itchiness and the smell comes and goes every few weeks. I had a papsmear done while the smell was absent and all of my results came back normal. I used a one-night yeast infection medicine and nothing changed. I even have been drinking cranberry juice every day because I heard it helps the urinary track (which may or may not be true). I feel embarrassed because I notice the smell through my dress pants and I am starting to feel desperate. I would appreciate any advice you may have for me, thank you!
I had that problem alittle after my daughter was born. But mine was a bacterial infection. Maybe try calling you Doc and asking if you can come in when the smell acts up again. Its weird that it comes and goes though. Have you changed your diet? Eating more of something that would do that? Any new vitamins or powdered shakes? Also think of things like that. And the whole Cran juicce thing is true, it also helps your kidneys.
Diet can have a big impact and so can vitamins.  If you are a vegetarian and recently switched to a meat eating diet it changes your scent as well.  When you say it comes every few weeks, do you notice it more so around your menstrual cycle?