sphincterplasty
Hello..... I wanted to see if anyone has had issues. I had an anal sphincterplasty on March 17th along with fixing a rectovaginal fistula. Well after 5 days in the hospital I was sent home and it was horrible. Everything that went through me was coming out my vaginal area. I was so sick. I had full and complete stool coming out through my vaginal area and nothing coming out my anal area. Two weeks later on March 3rd I was scheduled for an ileostomy. Now I am told that on May 8th the surgeon will check to see if the surgery took affect and how much bigger my fistula has gotten. Then they will go in and fix it and then 6 months later they will reverse the ileostomy. This was suppose to have been a simple surgery that turned into a nightmare. Now, I am questioning the doctor.....the surgery and everything. Any suggestions are welcome.

This discussion is related to TVH, A&P Repair, overlapping anal sphincteroplasty.
I had very much the same thing happen to me in "07. I just finally had a reversal from my ileostomy. My fistula is gone but my colon is still not up to par, or maybe it's my sphincter. All this is very unsettling. I'll be thinking of you. Hope the ostomy surgery goes well. That's an experience in itself, having one. Keep looking for people to talk to. IT will get better!
Penny