spotting before period is due
please let me know if it is normal to maybe spot a few days before your period is due?? It is not heavy bleeding at all, and I probably would not notice it if I was not looking for it..(I worry about my health).....I have a great deal of stress lately in my life and wondered if stress could cause spotting and no period as well?? please let me know what you all think..thanks for your help on all...Mainly wanting to know if small amount of spotting brown/red blood may be normal right before period is due..or how stress can affect your cycle as well.....have a great day everyone
Spotting before your period is very normal and most women like myself experience this every month. I spot for 3-4 days prior to actual period begining.
thanks so much for your comments..I spotted for 2 days Sunday and Monday...nothing yesterday or today so far..it is 8am in the morning here..my period is due now as well...so maybe it is normal..I worry about my health a lot..thanks for all the information.
Can you clarify please?  Are you getting spotting for a few days that goes directly into AF?  Or are you having spotting, then zero days of bleeding, and then AF?  Also, is there a chance you may be pregnant?

There are a lot of reasons you may have spotting.  If you are having midcycle spotting (about 14 days after the beginning of your last AF- based on a 28 day cycle), then this may just be a sign of ovulation.  Some women report having this type of bleeding when they ovulate.

I have recently been dealing with premenstrual spotting too.  I would get anywhere from 4-6 days of spotting and then AF would finally arrive.  It was very frustrating and I never found out the cause.  My GYN blew me off and said it was nothing to worry about.  I disagreed though b/c it was certainly unusual for what I typically experience.  Some theroies are low progesterone, thyroid problems, and endometriosis.  I started seeing an acupuncturist and last cycle only had 1 1/2 days of spotting, which is very normal.

I'm sorry I can't give you a more definitive answer.  The best thing you can do now is really pay attention to it for the next couple of cycles.  If it keeps happening, then call your GYN.  Just don't be surprised if they blow you off!  Good luck to you.  I hope you are able to figure it all out.
I had spotting/bleeding for a few days before my period was due, and then my period never came.  I think I may be pregnant and I'm not sure if it could have been implantation bleeding.  Any chance you're pregnant?
hi there...no I am not pregnant...just wondering on the spotting before my period..thanks for replying
I've been spotting for about 5 days until my period comes for the past 3 months.  At 1st I thought it was from some prescription med I was taking, but it keeps happening.  I mentioned it to my gyn and he said I could have something on my uterus (whatever something is?) and anything will show up on an ultrasound that I have scheduled on 2/22 (that I have to have done prior to the Novasure procedure).  I'm 42 and this spotting is very unusual for me, and NO chance of pregnancy.
I too have been dealing with premenstrual spotting, and actually posted about it here because I worry about my health a lot too.  I spot a full four to five days before AF.

Although it is always a good idea to go the doc if you are worried, it does seem like a lot of women experience this as well... Best of Luck.
Hi everyone..It does seem so common doesn't it? Must be some sort of normal occurance or all of us would not have this...I am glad you all replied to me today..thanks so much...I wish you all the best of luck..many blessings,
what color is your spotting before your period...mine is like a brown/red/then brown, but light..
My spotting varies in color, like yours.  Light Brown, Dark Brown/Red, Light Pink, you name it.  It just depends on the month!
you sound just like me..this must be very common...thanks so much for replying..it was nice to hear from you again:) have a great evening..many blessings
yes, please let us all know what happened...hope all is good
I recently started having the same problem for the past three months. Is this spotting associated with any pain? I went to my doctor two days ago and she said it was most likely a cyst due to the fact that it just recently started and I never experienced spotting before AF. I go to my ultrsaound today. If this is similar I would be happy to write back and tell you what she found if it helps you out.
Hi, I am 37 and I also have spotting before my period and it lasts up to 7 days then I get 2 days of heavy bleeding.  My DR sugguested Novasure, so I have been doing so research on it.
Did anyone ever have the sugguested to them?
Hi There...what is the Novasure for? Would maybe be interested..thanks
Hello...I would not do the Novasure.....seems like spotting is common though with so many women here..
i only spot if i have sex with my fiance like a few days before my period is due its like sex makes it come early or something
I NEED HELP!!!.
I had my last period on 2/10/06.  i was due to ovulate on the 21st of february.  I had sex that entire week just to make sure that i didn't miss ovulation.  I have a 26-27 day cycle.. My expected period was due March 7, 2006.  On March 5th I started with brown spotting, then on March 6 I saw some red spotting. Not a lot, but enough for a pantiliner but it certainly wasn't a normal.  Mostly when I wiped myself I noticed the red spotting.  Then on the day my actual period was suppose to arrive I had pink spotting.  I took a pregnancy test and it was negative.

??? Is it too early to test?
How long should I wait?
Could I be prengant?
Since February is a short month, could it take longer for me to implant?
I've always had normal periods and then i spotted for a day. I went to the doctor a couple of day's later and he did a urine pregnancy test and he said I wasn't pregnant. Well I know my body and I still didn't feel right. I let it go anyways and a week later i felt sick and my breast hurt. I knew right then something was wrong so i went to the store and i purchased a pregnancy test and it was positive. I thought it was wrong so i purchased another one and it was positive. Spotting does happen and if you have normal periods like me your body will tell you somethings wrong.
I spotted for a few days on the 4th of March and it's now the 18th of March and I have yet to bleed? Does this mean I pregnant or just late?