spotting before period is due

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

spotting before period is due

please let me know if it is normal to maybe spot a few days before your period is due?? It is not heavy bleeding at all, and I probably would not notice it if I was not looking for it..(I worry about my health).....I have a great deal of stress lately in my life and wondered if stress could cause spotting and no period as well?? please let me know what you all think..thanks for your help on all...Mainly wanting to know if small amount of spotting brown/red blood may be normal right before period is due..or how stress can affect your cycle as well.....have a great day everyone
Viewing 1-200 comments:
Spotting before your period is very normal and most women like myself experience this every month. I spot for 3-4 days prior to actual period begining.
Can you clarify please?  Are you getting spotting for a few days that goes directly into AF?  Or are you having spotting, then zero days of bleeding, and then AF?  Also, is there a chance you may be pregnant?

There are a lot of reasons you may have spotting.  If you are having midcycle spotting (about 14 days after the beginning of your last AF- based on a 28 day cycle), then this may just be a sign of ovulation.  Some women report having this type of bleeding when they ovulate.

I have recently been dealing with premenstrual spotting too.  I would get anywhere from 4-6 days of spotting and then AF would finally arrive.  It was very frustrating and I never found out the cause.  My GYN blew me off and said it was nothing to worry about.  I disagreed though b/c it was certainly unusual for what I typically experience.  Some theroies are low progesterone, thyroid problems, and endometriosis.  I started seeing an acupuncturist and last cycle only had 1 1/2 days of spotting, which is very normal.

I'm sorry I can't give you a more definitive answer.  The best thing you can do now is really pay attention to it for the next couple of cycles.  If it keeps happening, then call your GYN.  Just don't be surprised if they blow you off!  Good luck to you.  I hope you are able to figure it all out.
thanks so much for your comments..I spotted for 2 days Sunday and Monday...nothing yesterday or today so far..it is 8am in the morning here..my period is due now as well...so maybe it is normal..I worry about my health a lot..thanks for all the information.
I had spotting/bleeding for a few days before my period was due, and then my period never came.  I think I may be pregnant and I'm not sure if it could have been implantation bleeding.  Any chance you're pregnant?
hi there...no I am not pregnant...just wondering on the spotting before my period..thanks for replying
I've been spotting for about 5 days until my period comes for the past 3 months.  At 1st I thought it was from some prescription med I was taking, but it keeps happening.  I mentioned it to my gyn and he said I could have something on my uterus (whatever something is?) and anything will show up on an ultrasound that I have scheduled on 2/22 (that I have to have done prior to the Novasure procedure).  I'm 42 and this spotting is very unusual for me, and NO chance of pregnancy.
I too have been dealing with premenstrual spotting, and actually posted about it here because I worry about my health a lot too.  I spot a full four to five days before AF.

Although it is always a good idea to go the doc if you are worried, it does seem like a lot of women experience this as well... Best of Luck.
Hi everyone..It does seem so common doesn't it? Must be some sort of normal occurance or all of us would not have this...I am glad you all replied to me today..thanks so much...I wish you all the best of luck..many blessings,
what color is your spotting before your period...mine is like a brown/red/then brown, but light..
My spotting varies in color, like yours.  Light Brown, Dark Brown/Red, Light Pink, you name it.  It just depends on the month!
you sound just like me..this must be very common...thanks so much for replying..it was nice to hear from you again:) have a great evening..many blessings
yes, please let us all know what happened...hope all is good
I recently started having the same problem for the past three months. Is this spotting associated with any pain? I went to my doctor two days ago and she said it was most likely a cyst due to the fact that it just recently started and I never experienced spotting before AF. I go to my ultrsaound today. If this is similar I would be happy to write back and tell you what she found if it helps you out.
Hi, I am 37 and I also have spotting before my period and it lasts up to 7 days then I get 2 days of heavy bleeding.  My DR sugguested Novasure, so I have been doing so research on it.
Did anyone ever have the sugguested to them?
Hi There...what is the Novasure for? Would maybe be interested..thanks
Hello...I would not do the Novasure.....seems like spotting is common though with so many women here..
i only spot if i have sex with my fiance like a few days before my period is due its like sex makes it come early or something
I NEED HELP!!!.
I had my last period on 2/10/06.  i was due to ovulate on the 21st of february.  I had sex that entire week just to make sure that i didn't miss ovulation.  I have a 26-27 day cycle.. My expected period was due March 7, 2006.  On March 5th I started with brown spotting, then on March 6 I saw some red spotting. Not a lot, but enough for a pantiliner but it certainly wasn't a normal.  Mostly when I wiped myself I noticed the red spotting.  Then on the day my actual period was suppose to arrive I had pink spotting.  I took a pregnancy test and it was negative.

??? Is it too early to test?
How long should I wait?
Could I be prengant?
Since February is a short month, could it take longer for me to implant?
I've always had normal periods and then i spotted for a day. I went to the doctor a couple of day's later and he did a urine pregnancy test and he said I wasn't pregnant. Well I know my body and I still didn't feel right. I let it go anyways and a week later i felt sick and my breast hurt. I knew right then something was wrong so i went to the store and i purchased a pregnancy test and it was positive. I thought it was wrong so i purchased another one and it was positive. Spotting does happen and if you have normal periods like me your body will tell you somethings wrong.
I spotted for a few days on the 4th of March and it's now the 18th of March and I have yet to bleed? Does this mean I pregnant or just late?
i'm on orthotrycycline, but have been on others as well within the last 2 years, and every month about 1.5 weeks before my next period i have spotting and sometimes little cramps. i asked the gyn and she said you usually spot when you're ovulating, but that i shouldn't be ovulating due to the birth control. do you have any insight?
My problem looks similar to some who have posted on this site.
This month it was very unusual. I got my period on the correct day, but it was just spotting. Since 4 days it is the same.
I am trying to get pregnant. I am not sure if this is the sign of pregnancy.
In the past I had spotting for 1-2 days but never for four days.
Please suggest what should be done. Do I need to see a GYN.

If you have your period and about 8 days after your period you have very light bleeding just once when u wipe yourself, and then a few days later it still has not happened again what could this be?
Hi! For as long as I can remember I have had spotting before period is due. My GYN thought I was crazy b/c I always went for regular pap smears, everything was normal and I am 30yr. old Healthy female. My husband and I are having trouble conceiving, so we found out he has low sperm count. I also need a variety of tests. I had a saline sonogram which revealed a polyp on my uterus (very small) 4mm big...which my Reproductive Specialist says might cause the spotting before periods. Also, fibroids or cysts can cause spotting. i would always get it check out. Ask your gyn for tests. It is YOUR body...Now i have to have the fibroid removed b/c it might be interfering with me getting Pregnant. I hope the spotting stops..cause it is ANNOYING!!!
hi everyone my last period was march 1st then i spotted for 5 days on the 22nd of march. i have gotten a period yet and it's now april 9th. i have had a blood and urine pregnancy test done. bith were neg. is it too soon?????
I have spotting before my period every month and have for years.  My ob is not worried about it and thought it might be due to low progestone and tried having me take a cream which did not work and then a soy based pill (not birth control) and then a wild yam based pill but non of it worked.  I just find it such a nuisance.
I've always had normal periods and then i spotted for a day. 5 days before my next period. I always had normal  periods.  My periods 33 day cycle. I had my period on the 4th of June  and had major pains like a period on the 23-26 but wasnt a period. I think i was just ovulating, then my period is due the 7th of July .but on the 2NDof July i was potting one day. Like a very little brownish/ red drip on my paniliner . When i wiped my self there was nothing, and still nothing. and i haven seen any  this morning and its the July 3rd. So do u think i could be pregnant, ? If so when should i  take a test? I have never experience this before , like pain durning the ovulation time and spotting. So im kinda worried. I have been trying to get pregnant. Any suggestions?or answers/

Thanks Babygrl30
Wow -- reading your post is almost exactly what is happening to me!
My last period was really just spotting (June 4 as well), but I had just gotten off the pill a few days before. Then around the 17th I think I ovulated, but not sure if I could have because I didn't have a normal period?
I have had really sore breasts the last week or so, and today I had some really light spotting, but it was mixed with a very heavy discharge (clearish/white, but really thick, like it is during ovulation.
I didn;t think I could be pregnant yet (although I would be thrilled!).

They do say a little bit of spotting is pretty normal if you are pregnant -- implantation bleeding? DO you know when you might have conceived? I think you can take some tests a few days before your missed period. You could take the test then.

Good luck! Let me know how it turns out:)
Wow I have been reading all of the above comments and I don't feel alone anymore.  I just thought my spotting was nerves.  The difference with mine is that i have been spotting for the past 6-8 months  but only for a day 3-4 days before my regular period.  I usually notice it when i go to the bathroom and then nothing until my period comes 3-4 days later.  I also asked my obgyn and he seemed to think it is pretty normal.  I have always had negative paps. I have been getting my period like clockwork at 25 days for the last 3 months....And too have just began to have baby number 2.  I never had this problem with my first, but with baby number 1, I had 28 day cyles.  Could spotting be due to earlier cylcles??
I too keep having the spotting for about 4-5 days before my peroid it is driving me NUTS!!!  I always think it's implantation bleeding and then I am always disappointed.  I was wondering if ANYONE out there has ever had this consistant problem every month but still been able to concieve (conceive) and if you did get pregnant did you spot that month???????  PLEASE SOMEONE RESPOND
I am so in the same boat! I have been spoting 4-5 days before AF for the last couple of years.  Time and time again I think that it is implantation bleeding.  I have been TC for the last 5 years.  This month has been very hard, it seems as though every one around me has been becoming pregnant.  I all so would love to know if any one has spotted the same way as they spotted before AF and they were pregnant.  
I came off the pill 4yrs ago and have been taking clomophine, i finished the tablets 2 months ago to help me get pregnant, nothing has happened yet, but for the first time ever i had spot bleeding and i am due on in 1 week...could i be pregnant?
I am dealing with spotting right now----Ive just recentley become sexually active, and i used a condom (i only had sex three time ever and the condom never broke) im not on birthcontrol but since ive had sex before my period i spot now. Ive taken two preg tests and negative---but im still really scared im pregnent!! HELP
hey gals, ever since I can remember, I have never spotted for more than a day when my period starts.  Well my period is supposed to start this friday or saturday.  However this past monday, i began spotting, so i thought i started my period 4-5 days early, which has never happened.  I have started a day early or a day late but never 4 days early.  Anyway, it is now wednesday night and i am still just spotting brown and sometimes pink/red spots.   My husband and i are trying to conceive.  But i just think i am still gonna start my period soon and be disappointed.  I took a PT and two lines means you are pregnant, but one line was real dark and you could hardly see the other line.  It was extremely light.  I think perhaps i may just be imagining it there since i so want to have a baby soon.  I am 32 and my hubby is 44, and we truly want to have a child.   Thanks, just thought I'd share my story...
I also have the same problem. I started spotting after my girl was born(second child). It's been the same every month 3-5 days spotting and the I get my period. My spotting is different color evrytime(brown, pink, red) like a lot of the girls here. When I first started spotting(37 years old), I was so worried.  I thought it was stress related since I had a lot of pressure at work. Then I went to visit the OB, he did an ultrasound thinking of cancer or a cyst. But everything was normal. He told me that women period change when they get older. I am now 40 and I still have the same problem.  Sunday I was having sex with my husband and he had dome blood.  Then after that no spotting all day  Sunday and Monday and today (Tuesday) I spotted again.... Even though the doctor did not find anything, I worry every month thinking I have something.
Hey everyone,
I need your advice, i had my period july 2nd through the 6th, i had sex on the 14th..
And today and yesterday i noticed that im spotting.  I only notice it when i wipe.. Am i pregnant?  is this implantation bleeding?  my period is not due till the 1st or 2nd of august?  is it too soon to take a home preg test?  
Give me good news ladies.....
i had the same exact situation. i am TC as well. the only difference is that i start my period every month on the 3rd. i know i ovulate every month on the 19th b/c i can feel the pain on my side. but this month i felt the pain on the 23rd and we did it the 22 and the 24 right after that my husband had a lot of reddish runny blood on his shaft. im baffled bc i know i am due for my period on the 1st but the only other time i have experienced this was like 2 days before my period never 1 wk before plus i ovulated so late i would think my period would begin late too. could i be pregnant? please someone share with me
thanks for responding..
well i could'nt wait, so i took a hpt earlier and it came out negative...(i knew it was too early to tell)
but i still wasn't satisfied, so i went to the doctor to draw blood..my test results should be in tom. morning so wish me luck!!!!
TTC 15 months ~ I am the same as you girls. I got AF on the 30th of June and it ended the 3rd of July. My OPK said POS on the 14th (CD 15) and I had the pains. My period is regular. Always last day of month no mater how long the month is. I started spotting two days ago brownish and I have been charting me cycles. My last 3 periods I have spotted 3days before my cycle. This is a whole week before. Im hoping its implantation bleeding. I want to be Preggers badly but I dont want to get my hopes up. I hope for all us TTC we get BFP this time around!!!
i'm 25 and i was always a regular 33-34 day cycle until this past 5 months, i've been spotting 1 week before my period.It varies in color like all you girls.the first time, it was brown the 3 days later I had my period.the second time it was 1 day after i had sex and still brown in color. the third time, it was during sex and it was bright red then 3 days later I had my period. I consulted my gyne and she did transvaginal ultarsound and found nothing wrong.She said my uterus is quite thick but that is normal before period.I was happy with thr result.4th time, i spotted brown and so i went back to my gyne and she gave me provera 10mg for 10days to take in the evenings 10 days prior to period but still I spotted again brow for the 5th time.But she told me that I should continue this medication for 3 consecutive months and see if spotting stops..so its still my first month.I just have to wait again.Can anyone comment on the medication i am taking.its a progesterone pill I Think but does this work? thanx everybody!
PLEASE HELP...I am 20 years old and I have been trying to concieve (conceive) for a while now.  my last normal period was on July 5th I am a normal 28 day cycle and my period last from 5-7 days.  Me and my boyfriend had intercourse on the 15th of July and I started ovulation on the 17th with 2 days of spotting, Well on Sat July 28th I started spotting just once when I went to the bathroom when I wiped, then sunday it was almost every time I went to the bathroom and now today (Monday) It is a little bit darker and some small clots.  I am not supposed to get my period until the 1st of August...PLEASE tell me what this could be....Pregnant???? Miscarriage???? This is not normal for me this is the first time I have ever spotted during ovulation or earlier then my period should start.
Hi ladies.  I see that most of you are in my same boat.  I'm TTC for baby #3 and last had my period on 7/3, my cycles are usually 30 days or so.  I started using an OPK this month and when it showed I reached my LH on the 15th, we started the baby making for at least 3 days in a row.  Now, starting about a week and a half ago I bleed every time my husband and I have intercourse.  I don't know what's going on.  I'm not expected to have my period until at least 8/3.  I've never had this happen before and called the doc this morning.  I have my appt tomorrow at 1045am.  Hopefully he can tell me what is going on.  I wouldn't be so concerned if it were a little spotting, but this is bright red heavy blood after intercourse and then nothing...
brandy,
thats exactly what happened to me!! i took tests all neg. i am due on the 1st for my period so we will see. i have been feeling moody, tired, crampy, light light brown spotting, but i always think it is just my period. the most common sx though is right sided breast tenderness in one spot where there is a mass. the dr said it may be hormonal either pregnant or period. she said at this point the only thing to do is wait and see if i get my period on the 1st. the only thing i can recomend if you end up not conceiving this month is to have sex every other day because if you do it every day the sperm count is lower. if you skip a day then the sperm has time to build up and you have a better chance conceiving. at least you know you can conceive this is my first time trying i always pictured myself getting pregnant off the bat, i can't help but wonder if something is wrong with me or my husband.
Yeah, I knew that.  With my first son, it was an accident and the second I had to get on fertility pills.  My current doctor wants me to try it out on my own for a whole year!  I don't have the energy for that.  haha  Oh well, either there is something terribly wrong or I am and it's just too early to tell.  Either way, my fingernails are taking a toll waiting for tomorrow.  I'll let you know!
Hey ladies.  I went to the doctor today and had another exam and a repeat pap test.  The doc seems to think that I have cervical erosion which can cause this bleeding after sex.  He also scheduled me for an ultrasound on Friday to check out my uterus.  I'll keep you posted.
It seems I am experiencing something similar.  I usually spot for about 10 days!  (A LOT OF TIME AND VERY ANNOYING!!!) and then normal bleeding for about 5.  This is half a month.  I have talked with my primary care physician, my OBGYN and called two others.  They all say, "It's normal to spot before a period."  However... when you are waiting and are wearing a pad for half a month, it becomes very annoying.  Especially when you are in a romantic relationship.  When I do get my period, the cramps are so bad I can't walk or do anything.  I can't take estrogen because Ortho Tri Cyclen caused blood clots.  What do I do?  How can I fix this?
Hey, for bleeding like that I would recommend that you tell your doctor that you want cryo done.  It is where they freeze your cervix and get rid of all the bad 'stuff'.  That way it won't bleed anymore.  Also, there is a vaginal cream that your doc can prescribe as well that will take care of this problem.  Ask!!
Just following up from my last post I went to the doctors yesterday and got blood work done, got the results a little bit ago and it came back neg. they said my hcg level was at 3 and needs to be 5 and higher, but today I was supposed to get AF and all I have is spotting same at the past couple days so who knows my doctor wants to run some more test...but good luck to everyone TTC!!!! I will pray for you.
My biggest problem is that I am 24 years old.  I don't have any children yet and I would like to someday.  I am afraid that any procedure to fix whatever is wrong with me, will leave me without the ability.  :(  This is leaving me so depressed and frustrated and none of my doctors are giving me answers.  
I'm sorry to hear about your blood test being negative.  Maybe it is STILL too early to get a pos result.  Good luck.  I know it's a lot of hard waiting, and it gets lonely not knowing the what ifs.  
Hey, I'm only 25 (just turned)!  I had cervical cancer at 18 after I had my first son and then acquired some fibroids while I was pregnant with my second son.  I had a copol previously and it didn't mess anything up.  I would suggest that you do some research and get a second opinion and demand that you have something done because you can't live like this anymore.  Don't get depressed and frusterated, just keep your head up and take charge of the situation.  Good luck!
Thanks for the advice.  I have an OBGYN appointment on Aug. 24th.  (My birthday)  Hopefully all this can be taken care of and I will be normal again.  It tooks three phone calls before I found someone who didn't tell me that sometimes, somethings like this, are just normal.  *fingers crossed*  Thanks again.  :)
Hey ladies, just wanted to respond to a question from 7/14.  I have spotted 2-3 days before my period for ever since I can remember.  When I got pregnant, the spotting came several days before expected.  That is how I knew something was up.  That was the ONLY difference....
Well, I'm glad that you got into a doctor that is willing to take another look to see what is going on.  I got my ultrasound report back that said everything was normal minus 'some fluid in the culdesac'.  Whatever that means.  I go back to the doc next Monday, I'm sure a copoloscomy is in the future for me!
well.. i have been spotting for like 3days and took a pregnancy test and it came back negative.. and i usally am heavy by now and theres no signs I AM FREAKINGG! i had one day of heavly bleeding am i pregnant?? someone help!!
I tend to spot 2-4 days prior to my period starting and have for quite a while(at least three years). I know I spotted for a couple days the cycle that my husband and I conceived our son. We are now trying to conceive our second child.  I think that my spotting could be related to lower progesterone(and too much estrogen), lower thyroid or a simple cyst that I have. I am going to have the cyst checked again soon. Just wanted to say that I can relate to what some of you were writing. It can be so frustrating to not know exactly why your body behaves as it does. I am trying to support my progesterone/thyroid by taking B complex vitamins(aprticularly B6), selenium, C,E DHA(fatty acids) and sald oils which stimuate the glands. Nutrition is important and I found marilyn Shannon's book called Fertility, Cycles and Nutrition very helpful.
If you haven't started your period yet, is it normal to spot?

I'm 29. I have brownish spotting for 1~2 days right before my period. It's like a sign to my period bc I feel the same way as in my period (slight pain in my belly occasionally), except it's not as bad as the first day of my period, I don't easily get tired and the spotting is not enough to fill a pantiliner. It's been like this for over a year (I can't remember exactly when did it start). So this is normal and I can get pregnant?
its the day before my period, and i think ive just come on but its light, when its normally heavy. i have a normal 28day cycle and been trying for a baby for over a yr, i was preg for 6wks 5months ago,i did a preg test 2 days ago itwas neg, i think its my period but could it be spotting,
I AM 21 AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAts going on with me! Why am i spotting its been going on for last week on and off one day spotting then nothing and my af is not expected until the 26th MY MOM SAYS I COULD BE PREGNATE IS THIS TRUE??????????????????????
instead of my period i am just spotting. i have a very normal period i always start on the 14th of every month around noon. this month i started on the 20th and all i am getting is light spotting can anyone please help me as to why? i am not on birth control
I am trying to get pregnant.  I've never experianced spotting before.  This last Friday I noticed very small spotting, only when I wiped after going to the bathroom.  I thought it was AF arriving a little bit early but nothing on Saturday & sunday and all of a sudden I get AF Monday afternoon ... I'm wondering if I should still do ept? any suggestions? Thanks.
Im scared. i got over my period on july 23 and i had sex the next day and i wore a condom. but it broke. and i always have had a regular cycle and since friday i have been spotting. but today it is really heavy. i really dont know what to think im to young to be pregnant. i just want to know what is going on can sumone help me!!!
please
is spotting bad. from reading other peoples comments it seems that something bad comes after u start to spot. should i be worried.? in due for my period nd instead ive been spotting. this has never happend to me before. All these posts are actually scareing me thinking somethings wrong people tell me im wrong for thinking that.
Hi ladies. I seem to be having the same problem as others. I had a M/C with my first pg on 6/11. My periods went back to the normal 28 day cycles right away. But this month has been confusing. I O'd on 8/16 and then had spotting for one day on 8/26 and then it started again on 8/31 it is only noticable when I wipe it is not enough to get on a pad or anything. I am not due to get A/F until 9/4. I haven't tested to see if I was pg again because I am afraid that I am setting myself up for a heartbreak thinking that I am pg. I haven't ever spotted before a period before it has always been on the 28th day that AF started as normal. I am so afraid that this is just the onset of a period and I am not period. That is my biggest dream to become pregnant again.
Hey ladies.  I see so many of your posts still worrying about the spotting.  As I said before, I found out mine was from cervical erosion and the only way to treat it was to have a cryo done.  We've been TTC for a while now and were doing all the counting and OPTs but in August decided to quit all that nonsense.  Turns out, I don't ovulate when I think I do, even with the OPTs!  Crazy!  Anyways, took a HPT on Sunday and found out I'm 5 weeks.  Yea!!  Oh and when I went online to check my due date, it said I concieved on 8/14, that's my hubby's birthday and we didn't even 'try' that night!  lol  So, overall, my ovulation date is way off!!
hey brandy im very happy for you!
I hope everything works out great for you and your husband
i wish you best of luck.
so good luck
*CrabbyA16
Does anyone know if spotting is considered the start of your period?  I usually spot for 3-4 days before my period.   I am wondering in regards to the luteal phase.  I usually spot within the time that would be considered a luteal phase defect, but my actual flow starts 10 to 12 days past ovulation....just late enough to be considered long enough for conception.  
Is it normal to Spot 7 days before your period should begin? I'm on the pill and I'm not supposed to start my period for another 5 days, and i have been spotting for 2 days and counting. Is this normal? the spotting is brown/red/brown. I'm just really confused.
Is it normal to spot 11 days before your period should begin? I'm not taking any birth control and havn't for about 7 years..my husband and I have been trying to concieve (conceive) for over a year now..my period is usually always on time (28 days after the last one ends) and it always starts with bad cramps and it's pretty heavy...but i started noticing brownish discharge about 11 days before my period was due and then it got a little heavier for a few hours.. and now it's just a clear discharge that's slightly pink..this has lasted for about 5 days..it's been very light and usually only when i wipe...and i havn't really had any cramping. i'm not due to get my period for another five days..could this be implatation bleeding or is it somthing else?
34 years old period started 9/9/07 ended 9/16/07 however last night i felt a gush in my panties and there was blood not a lot but enough. I showered and put on a panty liner. now ever time I use the bathroom and wipe there is a little pinkish or light red blood. Is this common? I would really like to know I'm a little worried oh and i have a tubal ligation since 5/98
Hi Ladies.  I've been reading all of your comments and it's been so helpful.  I've been spotting once in a while before periods and I'm finally getting it checked out tomorrow. (wish me luck)  I was wondering if any of you have had a LEEP in the past, and if so, have been able to get pregnant.  I had a LEEP done about 3 years ago and my doc didn't tell me anything about fertility complications.  Anyone with a similar experience?
Hello. I am 17 years old and I just had sex about 2 weeks ago. I have PMDD and my dates always change so I never know when 5 days is before my missed period. I took 2 preg. test yesterday and this morning and it came up negative. I don't want to be pregnent. The day after I had sex I had blood spots but not too bad. I thought it was normal because I was a virgin. I bled twice that day. My friends said it was normal. Then I found out it was a symptom. I also have pains in my stomach but I know it's way to early to feel something. They are not exactly cramps. They are shocking pains. (I'm having them as we speak) My mom doesn't think I'm pregnent because these signs are too early. I'm not ready to be pregnent and I'm freaking out completely and having emotional breakdowns. I also go to the bathroom more often but do not feel sick at all. My stomach just feels weird and is making me second guess. I don't know if I took my test at a good enough time. Is it true that the preg test would have not told me negative or positive and would have came up invalid if it couldn't read it? ( I used First Response) I'm severely scared. I also heard from my friend today bleeding after having sex for the first time happens and the only time you know your pregnent is if it was when your period was supposed to happen which it wasn't. Someone please help me!
I had just one spot on the day my period was expected ...now nothing no bleeding I also have my tubes tied? Anyone ever experiance the same...just one spot of red/brown then nothing after??? The last two months have also been strange. Two months ago I was 8 days late. Last month I only had my menstral for two days and now just a spot???... I took a pt and it was neg last month. Could it be possible I'm pregnant even thou I have my tubes tied for four years now? Just stressing over this and kinda worried about it!
I am TTC and my AF is due today, but it is still not here. Instead I have been spotting (brown discharge) for the past one week. I took a HPT test yesterday and it was negative, I guess it is too soon to test. No signs of AF but spotting continues. I am going crazy...has anybody experienced something like mine. Were you pregnant after that or did you get your period or was the spotting just continuing? Please help.
Can you get pregnant having unprotected sex while your spotting right before your period starts??
Ok, having an issue...for the last 3-4 months I have been having brown spotting for 2-3 days before my period. Last month I spotted brown for 4 days then had my period for 2 days and then done. My periods are pretty regular and I have about a 32-33 day cycle...which means that my period should be starting today, however, I started spotting brown yesterday and today I am spotting as well only there is a little red sometimes too. My husband and I are trying for our 2nd child and I thought we hit the right ovulating dates but here I am, spotting again, only this time with a little red. Took a pregnancy test 3 days ago and it came up negative, just wondering if there is any way I COULD be pregnant and wondering if I should go in to see the Dr about the spotting??
How crappy is this? The day before my boyfriend comes up to see me, who I planned on getting active with,12 hours before he gets here, I think I'm getting my period. He's not comming back up for awhile, and my period lasts a little over a week and he's leaving. (Ladies, this has to be the worst situation to be in) Anyways, is there ANYTHING i can make it do to go away quicker? Is it just a scare? I never always got my period reguarly, after I had massive weight gain in a year, then I dropped 70 lbs last year, and it seemed to have normaled up, so I thought what are the odds of getting it now? Ugh, I need serious help IF I have options, Ive been sexually active all by myself for over a month, and my only opportunity to make love to my hubby is shot to hell. SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME SOMETHING!
HEY EVERY1

IM ON MY SECOND MONTH OF THE PILL!! IM DUE MY BREAK TOMORROW BUT START BLEEDING SINCE YESTERDAY AN IT HEAVEY ENOUGH!!! I HAVNT BEEN TAKING PILL ON TIME EVERYDAY AN HAVING SEX!!

WAT COULD THIS BE???????????????
please help me someone. i read tons of the posts above and i'm still sort of worried. i'm 14 yrs old.
last friday i think it was the 12th, i had sex with my boyfriend. the time before last friday was about like two weeks ago. we had sex two times on friday. on saturday the 13th, i experienced brown spotting discharge around 4PM and I freaked out because that never happened to me. my period was supposed to come sometime soon. and then later on that night, it was some redish spotting. and then later around 10PM it was pink spotting.
The next day, I bled but it wasn't normal period like for me. It was just bleeding like blood coming from a finger from a paper cut. when i have my period it's usually dark & it's chunky because of the tissue coming out too.
But after it started bleeding, later on in the day it became an orange tint but still not normal period like. then later at night the same day, it seemed normal. It was darker and it had chunks.
THis is my third day of my period. Well, at least I think it's my period. I'm 99.9% sure it is. I'm still worried though. When I had pink spotting before my period that day, I looked up on the internet and it was saying that brown/red/pink spotting ment that the fetus is in the lining of the uterous and that's why i was having that spotting. i was experiencing cramps. i do have cramps once in awhile so i guess that is normal. my period looks like it's going to end soon. usually, my periods end in 5 days or 7 days. i'm really scared because what if it isn't my period? what if it's bleeding because i'm pregnant? my friend told me that in rare cases there is bleeding when you're pregnant. i'm not ready for a baby & if i were to get an abortion then a parent would have to sign it. my mom &dad does not know that i have sex. that's why i haven't been to the GYN but i really need to start. is this normal at all? has it happened to any one of you? because this is my first time experienceing those spottings and it scared me and it's not normal for me. do you think that i'm pregnant.?
Hello, I read the comment on bleeding/discoloration between cycles and it could a sign of ovulation....can this complicate trying to get pregnant?
It doesn't sound like you are pregnant. There would not be this much spotting typically with a pregnancy. Also, word of friendly advice, go to your local Planned Parenthood and get free birth control. You don't need a parent to sign for you.

You don't want to wind up pregnant or contract any sort of STD - you are very young and it's best to protect yourself.
Thank you all so much for your comments.  I'm 27 years old and I've been experiencing the exact same thing for the past year.  I spot 3-4 days before my period.  It's usually dark brown, pink or brown.  I've had an ultrasound done and well as blood work and all came back normal.  I'm also TTC and just had an HSG test done.  I'm waiting for results. I should find out the results of the my test tomorrow...  Wish me luck!
Ok so I have spotted today Oct 25th and yesterday the 24th and my period is due on Nov 4th. This is my first time spotting and Im worried what it might be!!! PLYou can only see a little blood when i wipe and a little on my panties...PLEASE SOMEONE RESPOND!! Thanks!
My  husband where's a condom can I still fall pregnant ? Also I noticed that I had a little light blood on tissue when I wiped my self in the toliet this is after we had sex. Whats the reason ? Could it be a thing that happens before the periods come as I don't really know when it comes because I stopped taking the pill so i don't know when they are due ? Can someone please help me ?
hello
hello, i need help too, since i got my first period i never had, a regular monthly period,.. but now that i got partner, i am 27yrs old. my period became regular, like monthly in 20th of the month but i have along days of bleeding like two weeks till it finish, like september my period came 21st, the heavy bleeding finish like october 6, after the heavy bleeding i had spotting that last 7 days,.. so i dont see i any blood in october 14, and after that its all clean, and i am expecting my period at the same month of october 20,.. but it didnt came, instead, i had spotting started october 23, and my spotting is not days continuing, like after that october 23 my first spotting, in the next day theres nothing, and then 25, 27, 2, 3 thats the spotting date, still no period.. i dont really know whats going on to me.. me and my partner had unsafe regular sex,.. please help..
in october i got my period on the 35th day which was very strange for me.  My period was due on the fifth and it came on the ninth. I have always been normal. Well last night i went to the bathroom and i noticed a pinkish color to the tissue when i wiped myself.  It is nothing where I need a pad.  My period should come on the ninth of this month. I have never spotted before and I am wondering if maybe i could be pregnant, besides my breast being sore and a lil cramping last night i really dont have any symptoms. every now and then i will feel a lil nauseated but i feel it may just be me.
my advice to you is don't stress so much. my husband and i have been ttc for over a year and lately i started to realize that i have completely relinquished my life to my cycle and sadly it is not dependable. About six months ago I went from a 31 day cycle to a 35 day cycle and my obgyn swore it was an age thing. now he thinks it might be a hormone inbalance caused by my preoccupation with getting pregnant (chemicals in our brains), he put me on meds and this month i'm not sure what's going on. my cycle has officially gone off the reservation. any way my point is you should take a deep breath and only do as much as you can do. In your case, I would wait for day 35 and if you don't get your period you should probably test, if you do get your period you should talk to your doctor to see if it is normal for your cycle to have changed. Best of wishes.
ive been spotting for a few days before my peroid, after reading this im no lonnger worried.  however im supose to be starting birthcontrol this month, im using the nuva ring and it is supose to be insetred no later than the 5th day of your peroid.  do i count from the begining of the spotting or wait till i get my flow?  my peroid is not supose to start for another 2 days, also there is zero chance i am pregnant.  also, intrestingly, a girl i work with often, our cycles are starting to match up, had a similar spotting problem this month, she still about a week ahead of me at this point.
I'm on ortho tricyclin lo, and I haven't really been 'spotting', it's more like a brown discharge that doesn't come out, it just stays in there. Is this normal? My period is due this week
I have been having some brown discharge only during the begining and very end of my period.  This started several months ago after I had a miscarriage.  My periods are extremely irregular and I really have no clue when they will start.  Sometimes there is 30 days between them and other times it's 40 or more days.  Once in a while I get abdominal pain but never any abnormal discharge between my periods.  I couldn't find anything on the internet so my mind is starting to wonder what's wrong with me.  If there is anyone who has had anything like this please help me.  I'd really appreciate it!
Hey everyone,
I'm on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, and I have been spotting for about 3 or 4 days now. I'm not due to get my period until next Tuesday. My birth control schedule has been a little messed up this month with Christmas, New Year's, and not being in the regular 'swing' of things. I have been on OTCL for 2 1/2 years, and I've never spotted before. Do you think this could just be from my different schedule, or could I be pregnant? Is this implantation bleeding? I'm not ready for kids! Please let me know what you think.
My husband and I got pregnant after one month of trying...however, it resulted in miscarriage and in the midst of that, a large cyst on my ovary was found and I had surgery to remove it directly afterwards. We have been trying just September with no conception, but my OB said I am fine to get pregnant.
Right around my ovulating time, December 23-26 I had one day of spotting so we had sex most of that week. It's January 9th and yesterday I had some pinkish spotting, some more pink this morning, and a little bit of red just now. If it says red, could this be implantation bleeding or just regular spotting before my period? I'm having small cramps too. I'm so tired of thinking its implantation bleeding but then seeing that it is just spotting.

Is something wrong if I am due for my period on January 12 but start flowing this early(the 9th)? My cycles are 28 days.
I am not a doctor, BUT, I have been reading a lot about this particular situation (and not that it makes me an authority on it either)
Spotting before your period several to 1 day(s) is completely normal. However, if you are having unprotected sex you should be making sure you're getting your yearly pap and cervical cancer screenings. STD's are so common these days, and I'm saying this especially to you women that are TTC. Did you know that by age 50, 80% of women have been exposed to HPV? This is fact. (look it up yourself) Also, if you are experiencing something that seems wrong with your body and your doctor blows you off, you need to be persistent with them. Make them check things. Don't be manic, sometimes it really is NOTHING. So after 15 doctor's telling you this is normal and there's nothing wrong and possibly nature has to take it's course....well...then....let it.
  As for all of you young people posting on here, if you have something going on, you need to tell your parents. Having sex is a huge responsibility and you can become pregnant.. I see you writing that you're "scared and can't have a baby right now"... well then you need to get on Birth control AND use condoms, and that's not 100% effective. I saw someone post that you can to to the free clinic and get birth control without your parent's consent, but also know that Birth control can cause major health problems in some cases and you have to see your doctor to make sure you're getting the proper dosage and it won't harm you. I am not trying to scare you, but I am a Mother and I would be devastated if my little girl got sick because she can't talk to me about something like this and ends up getting really sick.
  And for a few other posts....HCG levels are different in all women, what may have been too early for one woman to tell, may be perfect for another. The best way to get a negative or positive result from a pregnancy test is to go to the doctor, or wait until a few days after your missed period to take an OTCPT. If you're irregular, then see your doctor.
  So many people seek the internet for self diagnosis, but you might be putting yourself at risk by reading something that sounds similar and deciding not to go to the doctor.
  I too am TTC, and I pray for all of you Mother's that are also trying. Keep going!!!   And I am praying for you young people that are taking on a huge responsibility so young.
  Female problems are abundant, but we all have the same problems on some level. So you need to seek medical professionals for a personal diagnosis.
  Sorry for preaching, maybe not the answer you wanted, but you all know it's probably the only way.
Thanks.
I have been spotting 2-3 and now 4-5 days before periods for a long long time now. I'm 35 and I have been TTC  for 5 years now. I have had 3 failed IVFs. Also underwent  Laproscopy to check for endometriosis, cysts. Doc found one small cyst and removed it. Next 2 cylces were normal. Now i'm back to the spotting routine. I don't know whats wrong with my body and the doctors seem to have no answer either. My hubby's fertility is normal. Can anybody help?
My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for the past couple of months. My period is supposed to be starting tomorrow and Yesterday there was a slight hint of pink when I would wipe but nothing. Today there is a slight pink spotting, but when I wipe there is nothing. I am super emotional. I cried last night and today and I am not sure why.Do you think I could be pregnant or is it just the beginning of that good ole' period?
Hi Everyone,

I have been spotting for two days before my period just for the last few months.  I am 25 years old.  This had never happened to me before so when it first started I thought I was just getting my period, but instead I would just spot a little then nothing for a day then get my period the next day.  I was at the doctor today and she felt that this was nothing to worry about.  She said that the drop in hormone level that triggers your period can happen in drips and drabs instead of all at once.  Also I think that this change for me could be related to stress - the spotting started around the same time that I started grad school.  When I was back home over winter break and got my period I didn't have any spotting, it just came all at once.  But now that I'm back in school I've had the spotting again.  

Any thoughts on stress-related changes to the cycle?  

HEY,

JUST ASKING THE SAME QUESTION EVERYONE ELSE IS!!!!!!!

IVE BEEN BROWNISH SPOTTING FOR 4 DAYS NOW AND IT STARTED 1 WEEK BEFORE MY PERIOD WAS DUE, THE FIRST DAY I NOTICED THIS WAS EARLY ONE MORNING WHEN I WENT TO THE LOO, AND THERE WAS BLOOD, BUT EVERSINCE ITS JUST BROWNISH SPOTTING, IM STILL ON THE PILL AND HAVE BEEN FOR YEARS, SO THE FIRST DAY I SAW THE BLOOD I STARTED ON THE RED SECTION PILLS BUT HAVE STILL NOT STARTED MY PERIOD.....

DOES ANYONE ONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Hi, I have been spotting just after sex 2 to 4 days befor my real period starts for the past 6 or 8 months.Never happened befor 8 mos. ago. Little more stressed then usual during these past mos.  Would love to get pregnant with our second child. We have a 12 yr old son and I am 44, but feel as healthy as when I was 30 but I know I am running out of time.Thinking about trying clomid.
I have been spotting anywhere from 2-6 days before my period for many years now.  In fact its rare when I just get my period with no spotting.  But it has happened.  Years ago I questioned my gyn about it and she told me the spotting is actually part of my period.  Its inconvenient, but my period has always been like clockwork.  Just annoying to have spotting for so many days and then heavier bleeding for 4-6 more days.  It seems unfair.  I would definitely check with your dr if this isnt the norm for you.    Also, how old are you?  Spotting before a period is sometimes associated with age or hormone levels.   In my case, ive had this type of period since I started though.  When I was pregnant with my son I had spotting on the day my period was due.  I thought it was my period but it was light and only last a couple of days.  Then I started with other prenancy symptoms.  it could be a number of things so its best to check with your dr.  From what Ive read, heard and have been told its normal.
I had a miscarriage in December and a D&C in December as well.  In January I started running again ( I was doing this before I got pregnant in October)and going to the gym to relieve some stress!  My period in January was totally normal and my first after my D&C.  Then on Thursday I had some spotting and I thought my period was going to start because I had all my regular symptoms and it was on schedule...then it stopped Thursday.  I don't even think I used more than 2 lite tampons.  Here it is Sunday Night and nothing.  It just never came.  My husband and I have been very careful but I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative, but I have never had anything like this happen.  Does anyone think it could be related to the increase in exercise, or just my hormones after my miscarriage trying to straighten out.  Should I go to the Dr.?  My regular OB/Gyn is out of town for 2 weeks,should I tell him about this?  Or am I stressing for nothing?  Any thoughts?
Hi Eveverybody, This looks like a very old thread but looks active since someone responded a few days back on it.
Well, I am a little concerned about spotting before and after AF too. I have 1-2-3 days of spotting before AF starts...it starts with light brown, goes to dark brown and then red blood when finally AF start; ie 2-3 days of spotting. Sometime, I starts with dark brown and the next day I have AF; ie 1-2 days of spotting. Towards the end of AF, I again have 1-2 days of dark brown days before it all ends. My AF totally last 5-6 days including spottings.
I have not been worried about this until lately. I have been trying to concieve (conceive) for the past 2 years with no luck, I have been on clomid for 6 months and now on femara, I do ovulate on these medicines but never end up getting pregnant. So am wondering if this spotting thing has something to do about it. I mentioned this to my RE and he wanted to know if I spot while on medicines too. I dont know if he asked this because of some reason, but am worried and am thinking if this is related to some infertility reason. All my tests have come out fine, except that I am diagnosed of mild PCOS. After 3 cycles of Femara, if I dont get pregnant, he want to do laproscopy...will this procedure  tell them anything.
Also on the first day of my period when I am not on meds, I get severe pain.
Any advise or sharing ur experinces will be grately appriciated. Thanks in advance
Hey all, I'm kind of glad that this thread is here. I have only spotted once, this month. It's a week early for my period, and I have only recently become sexually active. I did have what appeared to be an allergic reaction to the spermicide on the condoms I was using a few days before this. Could it be connected?
I am a virgin, and recently got married and had sex about a week ago. I did bleed right after sex but thought that it was normal due to losing my virginity...
its a couple days  later and i was due for my period yesturday. I had some brown spotting yesturday and its lighter today..
i dont want to get pregnant right now...\
is this because i lost my virginity?? i had never had spotting..i used protection..and my periods were always regular, 28- day cycle and my period lasting 5 days...so is this spotting normal now because i am sexually active?
i also want to start using birth control...and im supposed to start on the first day of my period...but i dont know if this is spotting or my period??
any help would be appreciated
thanks
i have been sexually active.. but nothing had happened with the condom.. and then last night i noticed a browny spotting.. and im supposed to get my period this week... i have had no symptoms of pregnancy .. what could this mean ?
Hi all. After reading the comments I'm still not sure on this... Me and the hubby are TTC. I did fall pregnant in December last year but miscarried in February. My body didn't want to let go and it took about 8 weeks of bleeding before things went to back normal. I had a period a week after all that (typical!) and then I had my usual 3 weeks (I have a 23 day cycle) before my next period so I thought everything was back in routine. We are TTC again and now, 9 days after my period finished, 12days before my next is due (roughly, my periods have never been exact) I'm having some light pink spotting. I think it's too early for me to have already ovulated and it be implantation bleeding right? I had implantation bleeding last time but that was only a couple of days before my period was due. Could it be ovulation? This has never happened before.
I think it would be to early for implantion bleed. It is probably just your body still being messed up from your miscarriage, some women take a really long time to get back to normal
Cheers for that, you're probably right! There hasn't been any so far today and the cramping in my back is gone, I guess I'll just keep an eye on things for now. Thanks again for the quick response! =)
help please..ok so..my period in april was like the second week...like the 7th or 8th something like that...but then this month i had light spotting for about 3 days or so starting the 3rd...then followed by semi-normal period bleeding...then on the 24th i started spotting again...and now the 27th...it's more than spotting...but not as much as normal...my period isn't due for like another week or week and a half...my boyfriend and i are trying to conceive and he had me take a preg test...but it came back neg and like i explained to him it's too early to test...i'm having cramping and slight nauseous feelings..but every dr i call is blowing me off and telling me to wait it out or they can't see me for a month or more...please help any advice or ideas as to whats goin on?
Hey,
I've just experienced my first sign of spotting. i get my period next week monday or tuesday. and I had a little bit of spotting yesterday and again today. I am always worrying about becoming pregnant. I am not ready for that. is there a chance I could be pregnant? I am on the pill but me and my boyfriend don't use condems but he withdrawals. could someone please help me?
hey,
the spotting lasted all week and I did however get my period and took a pregnancy test and it was negative. I think I might have worried a little to much. I go to the doctors on monday though for pains i get im my stomach so I am going to bring it up and see what my doctor says. If anyone is interested I will write back.
Hello everyone.

I had my period from May 2nd to May 7th. According to the ovulation calculator on babycenter.com, I was most fertile from May 7th to May 12th. On the morning of May 9th, my fiance and I had sex and he came inside me. It also says my next fertile days would be May 29th - June 3rd. My fiance came inside me twice on May 25th.

I dont really remember if I started spotting before, or after, May 25th, but I was spotting for a few days. I noticed that sometimes when I wiped I'd see a dark-pink, light-brown kind of color. Some days it would be there, other days it wouldnt. On those days sometimes it would be there, and other times it wouldnt be there at all.

Then I started to bleed a normal period kind of bleeding (but not as heavy as normal) from May 29th to June 1st. My period normally lasts anywhere between 5 to 7 days. May 29th would have been 22 days for my cycle to start up again, so I dont know if I had a normally scheduled period, or something else. Right now as of June 12th, I'm not seeing any spotting or anything.

The only "sings" of being pregnant is that lately I've been slightly nauseous. It comes and goes, some days I feel sick while other days I wont. Sometimes it'll last for a while, other times only a few minutes. I've also noticed that I've been constipated, which I read is a sign of pregnancy. I'm also moody and tired.....but that could just be normal (lol). Other than that, I dont feel like I'm pregnant (I have a 2yr old son so I'm trying to compare).

Is it possible that I'm pregnant?

The reason I'm asking is because of the timing of me and my fiance having sex, the spotting, and the really short period. It just doesnt make any sense to me. I've never spotted for a few days before getting my period. Nor have I ever had that short of a period.

My fiance and I have been trying to have a baby for a year with no luck. I dont feel like wasting more money on yet another pregnancy test. I dont want to get my hopes up just to be disappointed again. I figured I'd just play the waiting game and see if I get my period later this month.

What does this sounds like to everyone else?
worriedgirl19, you sound like me. Every so often I find myself to feel a lil nauseous at all different times of the day. Some days I feel fine and other days I feel sick off and on...or all day long. Very strange.

I also forgot to mention....

I took a pregnancy test on the 7th and it came out negative. I'm wondering if I tested too early. Both my GYN and family doctor are on vacation. Ugh, I'm going nuts!
A great website that helped me ease my mind (considering I didn't have sexy time).. http://www.beyondfertility.com/art238.htm if your spotting lasts for more than a day, usually it's just that, spotting. If it only lasts a day, it could mean your egg is planting itself on you... lol... check out, great site, and there are some ideas.
My husband and I have been trying to conceive for three months with no success. I have been spotting 5-7 days before my period for as long as I can remember. Has anyone heard of this causing infertility?
I'm not a Dr., but i've been to 4 Drs to ask about this spotting..

For the spotting just before the period (which i've been having for a year), if it lasts for a day or two, of any color, brown red or pink, this is common.. and of no much concern..
BUT if it lasts for a longer time, then u have to check, specially ur progesterone level cuz this can affect ur fertility.

Having spotting not just before ur AF, or not as an end of ur AF is another thing..
Other spotting (not just before AF or in its ending):

1- Spotting in the middle of ur cycle can be ovulation bleeding..
2- Spotting 5-10 after u ovulate can be implantation bleeding.. (but just for a couple of days then normally stops)
3- Spotting after sex: U HAVE TO GO TO CHECK IT.. it can be nothing like changes in hormones, or as serious as starting cancer.. so many reasons..
4- Spotting or bleeding other than mentioned above: U HAVE TO GO TO CHECK..

.
.
.

A big advice from me to those TTC, and many will know what i mean, the real sign of pregnancy if a POSITIVE test.. all other sign can be of a late period.. don't busy ur mind with that spotting or any other sign.. wait after ur AF is due then take a blood test..
I'm 27 and now this is my second month spotting before my period ...should i go to the doctor???...i spott for 4 days and  then  i get my period...weird ahhh!!!1 never happen to me before....
Hi, I'm 23 years old and have been taking Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo for about 4 years.  I always take my pills everyday and on time. Last night, I had a little spotting that was dark brown.  This morning, I woke up to cramps (same as PMS cramps) and the same dark brown spotting.  After lunch today, the spotting turned red, so I thought I may be starting my period way early, but now the spotting has stopped.  I'm not supposed to start my period until next week! This has never happened to me and it is making me a bit nervous.  Can anyone help?

ArmyWife08
hi ladies. my period was due last week and instead of it I got some (brownish) spotting, 4 dyas in and the period has not come yet. I lost weight recently and I'm quite stressed... can the spotting (never happened to me before) be due to stress? thanks
Hi, I'm 22 years old and i have spotting problems as well. It doesn't flow or anything...but when I wipe, there's a bit of blood together with discharge. I'm having it now and I'm 5-7 days before my AF. Usually when it happens, its 14 days after my last cycle, so most probably it's due to ovulation. This month is weirder. It usually happens for a day or 2, sometimes a few hours. No cramps or anything. What can be the cause of it? I don't have it every month, at least for now, but it started a year or two ago. I'm not sexually active or on any pills and I'm a bit shy to see a gyn. Please help. I'm scared.
I would talk with a gyn and maybe get an external (not internal) ultrasound. I would only see a gyn if you are not a virgin or have already used tampons. But if a bloody show will be important to you on your first time then I would not see a gyn. Now that we know that hpv is the major cause for cervical cancer and hpv is a s.t.d. you can hold off on that first pap. You can also get blood test done to check hormone and thyroid levels. So I would try those. I am not a doctor and most medical proffessionals will insist on a gyn regardless of virginity destroying any traces of a hymen. And even though a hymen is not what makes you a virgin some people prefer to loose it only on that special day.
I am 29 yrs old, single. 5 yrs ago I was diagnosed through ultrasound of a polycystic ovarian disease (PCOS).one of the symptoms are having acne. I treated my PCOS for 9 months using birth control pills. After 4 yrs I decided to check by an ultrasound if PCOS still exist, the doctor said it’s negative. Then on when I engaged premarital sex, my menstrual cycle is not normal at all. I have this 7 days spotting before my period starts, I had my pap smear test and the result is negative. What could it be a possible reason of having this spotting before period? It’s so annoying!
by the way, i experience this spotting for 1 1/2 yr. i've been very careful not to get pregnant, my bf and I used a calendar method to avoid pregnancy and we had unprotected sex.
Some women spot and/or cramp when they ovulate (approx 10 days after start of last period). Some women spot right before thier period (due the build up of blood in the uterine lining and the cervix preparing for menstration). Both are completly normal.

Spotting is also common during the first couple months of pregnancy at your normal time of menstration. If you are pregnant and your spotting is more than just a little bit of light pink and uses more than just a panty-liner over just a couple of days, I would see your OBGYN just to be safe.

If you don't know if you are pregnant and you are spotting, and your period does not come in a reasonable amount of time, I would suggest a home pregnancy test.

For those of you who do NOT want to get pregnant at this point in time, please be smart. Use protection. The calendar method, withdrawl (withdrawal), etc. are not relieable. Don't play with fire if you don't want to get burned.
okay, i had my period about 3 - 4 weeks ago...thats like a month right??? but now im bleeding and my stomach doesnt feel funny like it usually does when im on my period. i do have sex quite alot and im 17 and not on the pill but we do use protection, so i dont know how i could be pregnant. im thinking it might just be stress cause i am quite stressed with uni but its scaring me!! can anyone help me?????
Hi!

For the past couple of years I have been spotting (brown) for a day or so, then a couple of days of nothing, then a proper period.  I mentioned it to someone at work who was quite insistent that I see a doctor.  I would be very interested to hear your views.
This is the month of Ramadaan for Muslims and yesterday morning when I work up before dawn (sehri) to eat, I noticed brown spotting in my discharge, so assuming that my period is coming (as it is time for my period) I didn't eat.  But nothing came, this morning there was some brown spots on my panty liner and still nothing.  I have not fasted for a second day now and I am worried that I am missing out on my fasts and I am not sure if women are allowed to fast the few days of spotting before your period.

Anyone that can give me advice concerning the spotting? and Is there any Muslim Women that can give me advice regarding the fasting and spotting?
For the last couple days (3 or 4) I have been having some spotting. it's a light pink/brownish color. This is the first time it's ever happened to me. I've been on birth control for almost two years, and just had it switched because the Yazmin i was on made me sick. Anyways, I've had more headaches and slight cramping. my regular period is due in one week. (9/23-24). I went to my doctor and took a pregnancy test but it came up negative.
Did i take the test to early? am or pregnant? or is it something else?
-Kate
Hello. My boyfriends condom came off during intercourse so we grabbed a plan b.  Well it happened again two days later but I did not take the plan b then.  It has been a week since the incident and my period is due Oct. 6th.  I am spotting a little dark brown blood after doing intense cardio.  Could I be miscarring or could I be pregnant?
Hi everyone, i was just reading all these posts about spotting before a period and thought id share my story..... i had my 1st baby in dec 2006, never ever had any spotting before period before i had her. I took the morning after pil when she was 2 weeks old (dont ask :-) then i went on the pill, when she was 3 months old i came off the pill as we decided we wanted another baby! Thats when the spotting began! it started 2 days before my period, light brown then pink then period came, 2nd month it started 3days before. 3rd month i had a 'period' but it was never red, so after a week of this and my boobs still hurting i thought id do a preg test (cos i felt like i did wen i was preg) and it was positive! however, the spotting crried on so i rang doc who said i may miscarry, my not. Anyway, eventually i kept doing preg tests cos i was so worried and eventually it went negative and then i started bleeding a week later, no pain though. so that was that! The spotting continued every month...on month 6 of trying i started spotting 2 days earlier than usual, so i did a test (i do alot cos of what happened before!!) and i threw it in the bin, thinking it was negative, i got it back out 20 mins later (now i know u should never do this cos tests can turn positive if you look at the after the time timit-or an evaporation line) but there was a faaaiiiit line on it, was darker when i tested 1st thing next morning! I went 2 see my doctor in the middle of all this and she did a blood test on cycle day 21 and sed it was really low, and the nxt month (month i got preg) she sed it was better but still low.....i know i get a positive ovulation test on day 21 so i dunno what the use of the test on that day is since its ment to measure hormone levels 7days after ovulation (most ppl ovulate on day 14). I thought i could have luteal phase defect of low progesterone but she didt really listen 2 me and told me 2 come back in 6months! Well, i had spotting all through early pregnancy, but my son Harvey was born in june so im HAPPY!! But...we decided to start trying for baby no3 as it took so longlast time...and now i have spotting before and after my period (roll eyes)...i went 2 the doc as my spotting happened at the usual time but then my period didnt come for 9days!! She just said its normal for some women and that periods never stay the same! Im so frustrated cos i know its not normal and i dont wanna go through losing anotherbaby because of it....so im gunna wait a few months and see someone else....im convinced somethings wrong but she wont listen!i hope this helps someone!! Gem
I have read a lot of the posts about spotting, and it seems normal.....But I have never been on birth control and have never experienced spotting before.  I should have gotten my period early this week.  Instead, I spotted (red-brown discharge) for 2-3 days and then nothing.  I'm still waiting for my period, but I feel like it's not coming.  My usual signs (sore breasts, achy legs, cramps) aren't there.  Can it just skip a month and spot instead?  Does this mean I'm pregnant?  My boyfriend and I use condoms and nothing broke last month, but like I said, I'm not on birth control.  Has this happened to anyone in a similar situation??
So if your counting days you don't count the spotting days only when AF comes?  I spotted from Thurs-Sun and then Monday it came on full force.  I'm going to try to get pregnant this month so do I count from Mon or last Thurs?

Hi i was reading this spotting subject, and i started spotting like 2 days i usually know when my period comes, but it was very unusual. It's brownish, but its not alot, i usually get it like a day before my period so i know that its coming the next day but my period hasn't come yet, so idk ? But i think its weird, anybody help !
You start counting from the first day of full red blood flow. So in other words you start counting from Monday.
Help! I have never spotted before. I always just start my period, when she comes she's here! Heavy flow and bright red blood! This month I still have 3 - 5 days until my period is due, and I am having very light, dark brown spotting for the first time.
I've read about implantation spotting, and it has been 9 - 10 days since I ovulated. My husband and I have been TTC for 7 months and I don't want to get my hopes up that I could be pregnant if this is just something else. To late though, inside I am already excited.
It's just odd for me to spot and it's at the right time to be implantation spotting. I really hope it is, and hope my period doesn't show up for nine months!
Yes, it is normal and stress does play a huge role in you cycle. That is partly the reason why so many woman have more difficulty getting pregnant today then they did 30 years ago. Simply because woman do more and have more pressures on them today. It is a sad fact of today's reality unfortunately. The best medicine is to try to not take life's pressures too seriously and just learn to laugh more. Laughter is not also great for the heart it is also great for the soul.
I am confused about spotting as well. I have never spotted before a period in the past. This month I spotted for 4 days (before my period was due) and it was a pinkish color. I thought I might be pregnant but I started my period after the 4th day of spotting.  It's pretty light but it may still get heavier.  Is it possible to have implantation bleeding and still get your period?
I, too, am spotting and I am worried. I have never spotted before until I got on birth control. That was a year ago, and for the first three months I was spotting. Now it's a little over a year, and I just noticed a brown/red spot on my underwear, and I don't know what that means. My period isn't due until next Monday, and I've never spotted until now... And I did have sex this past Sunday night... Could I be pregnant..?? How soon does implantation spotting/bleeding occur after sex?
yes you can spot on birthcontrol it says it right there in the instructions.

anytime you dont use a condom you run the risk of getting prengnat just take a test when your periods late
Since I was so annoyed on my pre mentrual bleeding (spotting before period starts), I still dont have a solution on this problem. The doctor says its hormonal. I had my papsmear test and the result is negative for malignancy. I'm just so scared because one of the symptoms of cervical cancer is having a pre menstrual bleeding. Next month, I'll be back to my doctor and have myself vaccinated.

To everyone, dont hesitate to consult to your doctor, they will help you to have a peaceful mind.
I Spotted 2 days back and had reddish brown spots ,wiping after urination.I missed a month of period and after i did ultrascan  i came to know, i had polycystic ovarian due to stress/ sudden weight gain,doctor says.  
This is my first month spotting and my periods are regular till now. I do get cramps during my AF.Recently i visited Gyn and she said my uterus is normal.Iam not sexually active. Am a bit scared.Help me friends...
hello i delivered a stillborn baby july 2 2008.When my periods started back they were coming on the first of every month but still for seven days.Before pregnanacy it was the 15 of every month.i just had period on nov 1 not expecting again until Dec1.Last 3 days been spotting a light red to brown color only like a day or two after i had sex.I am concerned about this can i be getting 2 periods in a month?Could I be pregnant and having a miscarriage which is what I am really scared of since i just went through the loss of a child.Or some other problems.
i need some wisdom...
  i had my last period on december 18th. today is january 5th and im spotting. this has never happened before and i have not been on birth control for over two years now. i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend more than once, who is now my ex, right around christmas and the begining of this month. but i had also been doing that a lot prior to this seein as we were together for two years, and i have never got pregnant. has this happened to any of you? what should i do? the spotting is very VERY light. and its a really light pink. i thought that the stress from our break up might be the reason for this but if anyone can help.. please reply

thanks
hi, i came off yasmin at the end of sept - after a 40 day cycle, i've settled onto a 28 day cycle (for the last 2). i've noticed brown spotting for about 5 or so days before AF (a whole week before the 1st natural cycle). Sometimes its accompanied by abdominal aches associated with AF.  I'm going to wait a few months to see if the spotting normalises to a day or so and it it doesnt then will go to the doctor's.  otherwise have a normal cycle - ovulatory (OPK+ with temp rise after ovulation, with 13 day luteal phase).  

B
hi, i've read this entire thread and I've been having the same issues as many here.  I'm 26 yrs old and a healthy weight.  Responding to a post on January 5th 2009, I also went off Yasmin in September and took 40 days to get my first period.  My next cycles were 35 days then 33 days long. It's finally settled on 32 day cycles for the last 2. My husband and i are TTC so I started charting this month and have a normal ovulatory cycle, +OPT, rise in temp after ovulation, etc.  Since coming off birth control I have been spotting for 4-5 days before every period. I called my doctor and he told me it wasn't normal but could be something or nothing. I had an internal ultrasound done and he said everything looked great. They were checking to make sure i formed the corpus leteum (cyst that forms when a follicle ruptures and releases an egg) after ovulation, which i had.  So everything looked great.  Now i'm waiting for my progesterone blood test to come back. Low progesterone levels frequently cause the early spotting and can prevent you from properly forming the uterine lining needed for the egg to implant.  If that is the issue, he is going to put me on progesterone supplements which should clear the issue up.  Has anyone here been put on progesterone supplements and did they get pregnant fairly soon after starting them?

B-
Just a follow up to my last post. I got my blood tests back and my progesterone level was a 5.6 at 10 DPO, which is low.  The doctor told me if you are trying to conceive, they like to see a 10 or higher for the progesterone level so that your uterus if forming the proper lining. For anyone else who's trying to conceive and is having the spotting before AF, low progesterone levels are most likely the culprit. My doctor is going to put me on progesterone supplements the second half of my cycle after i ovulate.  He said it should correct the problem easily.  Hope this helps others avoid months of -HPTs.  
BGallagher --

Wow, your situation sounds exactly like mine!  I can completely identify with what you're going through.  I just turned 30, and I'm also a healthy weight (well, probably 5-10 pounds on the light side.)  My husband and I have been TTC for about 7 months now, and I suspect that I'm not producing enough progesterone.  I've been charting this whole time, and noticed that while my temps are higher after ovulation, they're not significantly higher, and the number of days during my luteal phase seems to vary from month to month.  Also, I typically see spotting anywhere from 2 to 4 days before AF.  It's frustrating b/c I often think I'm seeing spotting from implantation, and I hate to get my hopes up only to be disappointed later.

When you visited your doctor, how was he able to tell that you'd formed a corpus luteum?  How many days following ovulation was your visit?  (I'm also trying to determine if I'm ovulating when I actually THINK I am, so I'm wondering if my doctor could determine whether I'm forming a corpus luteum -- even if it's prior to my ovulating...my appointment is next week and I'm still dealing with AF today.)

I'm curious as to what type of progesterone supplements you'll be taking.  Is it a pharmaceutical product, or something natural, like wild yam root?   I'd be grateful for any info you can share -- including how the supplements end up working for you.  I wish you the very best -- and hope to see your next posting soon.

Thanks!  :-)
-Erin

My period was suppose to begin on the 12th of Feb and I had sex with a man without a condom who had a vasectomy. I've been spotting on and off since and its the 21st. Its dark brown and light. My period is usually 6 to 9 days late...this is the 9th late day. Could I be pregnant? I haven't been feeling like I usually do before I begin my period, but I also have a lot of stress currently.
also we has sex on the 13th and he pulled out.
LAST MONTH I STARTED A WEEK EARLY, NOT UNUSUAL THOUGH. THIS MONTH I HAVE BEEN SPOTTING FOR 7 DAYS NOW AND STILL NO PERIOD.  I AM HAVING CRAMPS, NAUSEA AND SEVERAL DIZZY SPELLS. NEGATIVE PREG. TEST THOUGH. THIS IS VERY UNUSUAL FOR ME. I HAVE NEVER SPOTTED FOR EVEN 1 DAY BEFORE MY PERIOD AND NOW IT HAS BEEN 7. ANY IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON? PLEASE HELP!!!!
my boyfriend and i had sex about a month ago, using a condom plus the pull out method. So why is it that my period has yet to come when it was expected in the mid to late 20's of the month of Feb. It's March 4th today and i find a brownish red dime-sized spot in my underwear. So does this mean that i'm gonna start soon? becasue i do not remember spotting before my period ever. I'm just really paranoid, even though we used a condom + pull-out that i might be pregnant becasue i've never been so late before. PLease help! i need advice!
TarHeelErin,

Are you using fertility friend to chart your temperatures?  It really helps b/c they calculate whether you've ovulated or not and will tell you when it happened.  Also, are you using ovulation predictor kits? I use those and when i get my first + i start having sex for the next few days until ovulation is confirmed. You may get a few + signs but after the first one, ovulation could come within 24 to 48 hours.  How long is your luteal phase? If it's shorter than 10 days you should let your doctor know b/c they consider that too short.  
I dont think your increase in temperature has to be drastic but it should be higher than your pre-ovulation temperatures. Some people have wacky charts though.  I showed my chart to my doctor, which you should consider also.
My doctor knew i formed the corpus luteum b/c he did an ultrasound and saw a large follicle had ruptured, releasing an egg.  You have to get the ultrasound after you ovulate to be able to see this. Also my blood test was done 10 days after i ovulated, they usually do it 7 days after you ovulate but i called my doctor too late so he just did it when i came in.
My doctor put me on Prometrium, which is a natural form of progesterone. This is my first cycle taking it. I start taking it the day after i ovulate for 14 days until i get my period. If i dont get my period i continue taking until 13 weeks of pregnancy b/c low progesterone can increase your chance for a miscarriage. I take a 200mg pill once a day at night.  The pills can make you feel dizzy and nauseaus so they recommend you take them at night. I'm on my 7th day of taking them and the symptoms from the pill are just starting to affect me.  They're not that bad if you take the pill at night though.
I went to the bathroom at 5 days past ovulation and noticed a small amount of red blood when i wiped once and then nothing.  Then on day 7 after i ovulated i noticed more red blood when i wiped but nothing even remotely heavy like a period. Just on the toilet paper. I never ever start spotting this early so i'm hoping it was implantation spotting but i wont be able to test for another 4 or 5 days.  
I hope your doctor appointment went well, keep me posted on what they said.

Bianca
I haven a issue ...
i need some answers if anyone has any please fill me in ..

I hAd my period on feburary 15, it lasts 5 days ... now its april 2nd n still no period yet but sence 6 days ago i been spotting a very light n during sex it gets a little darker ... i have a dr appt in 4 days but i dnt know if i can wait cuz its brain boggleing me ...

could this mean im pregnant ???? i have 2 kids at home an this never happened to me with either my pregnancys...
Hi there-  for the past two months i have been light bleeding before my period (approx 5/6 days before period)...i stop taking my pill tomorrow and then of course my period will start by Sunday...but this bleeding before is driving me nuts?!...I am on microcynon and went to see my doc today- he said he wouldn't be happy changing my pill and just asked that i check how things go over the next 2 months? not very helpful.  I did a preg test last night which was negative (thank god) as i thought light bleeding like this could indicate pregnancy...i told the doc today and he said that light bleeding before a period does not indicate preg at all??  now i really am confused!!   he said it could be down to stress as i haven't been sleeping great- due to the fact that my boyfriend works nights and wakes me up at 3am..and i don't got back to sleep.   Help??!  
My girlfriend is on orth tri and takes her pill everyday at 10pm.  We always have sex without a condom, trusting the pill, and I usually pull out, but this month I finished inside her 3 times.  She didnt miss or wasnt late for her pill this month, but about 3-4 days before she is supposed to get her period, and about 2 days before her placebo pills, she starting spotting, is this normal or could it be a sign of pregnancy?
OK so I had my period on March 24th and today is Alril 29th so I am 5 days late....and I am NEVER late. I spoted about 5 days ago for maybe 3 days light ligh pink only when I wipe and then light light brown only when I wiped and now for the past few days NOTHIGN! I never spot and have it just stop ueually once I start the full thing comes on! Also I have been having unprotected sex for like 7 years now....soooI took a Home Test this morning and it was Neg.....Do I jus wait? LOL
Hey y'all. So far, I have read a lot of comments about spotting that seem to go along the lines of mine.

your period does start with the first signs of bleeding, whether it is light spotting, or just brownish, heavy discharge.

I have been consistent for years on 28-day cycles. My problem now is that my OBGYN thinks I dont ovulate, but have regular periods due to accumulation of endometrium. Not good. Im TTC but not proactively. The doc put me on Progesterone 5mg, 10 days a month, to bring the already regular periods in, but caused by a drop in hormone rather than shedding by accumulation. He says that way is healthier for me.

I had a child 5 years ago, and ever since then, I havent been pregnant. I havent tested anything. I basically plan around my cycle. Now I recently started having sex with a new partner, turns out I didnt plan that good for it. When we started having intercourse, it was day 10 of my cycle. we have had sex since. I started having a ever so light spotting on day 21, lasted 4 days, and stopped completely on day 24. It wasnt even present on my undies, just when I wiped.

I didnt take my progesterone this cycle (forgot it at home while I was on vacation for 2 days before I could get it) so I skipped it completely.

Im due to have my period in 5 more days, but I normally show some sort of brownish discharge several days prior to it. My breasts are sore now, have been for a week.

I took 2 HCG tests during this week; 1 on day 17, one on day 23. They were both negative.

I am hoping I am just too early for detection, but with the luck that I've had... Im not holding my breath on it.

*sighs*
I guess I got my period... after the spotting episode 11 days earlier than my scheduled period, I started with brown discharge again on 05/03, dragged all the way to 05/08 and NOW it is when it seems to be getting like a normal period, although it is still way slower than before.

I don't get it. Why is it slo sluggish, why did I spot bewteen the last period and this one...? I hate not knowing why I can't get pregnant, but I can't really afford testing. GRRR!

Happy friday everyone...
so here it is i have been spotting for 6 days now. its a brownish color and sometimes there are little tiny pink spots.im not bleeding that much to use a tampon.. sunday when i started i was in so much pain, like i wanted to drop to the ground and hold myself. my breasts are sore..also ive had a bit of gas more than usual...i dont start my period until sunday....i dont think im pregnant.my husband and i only had sex once in the month of may and it was the 17th...we have been too busy and tired to do it...i already have 2 children and at this time dont want any more...so i hope im not...im on b/c been on since my second child was 6 months old... and havent missed one pill....im going to get checked in 2 weeks...does it sound like i am pregnant?
Yes, spotting a couple days before your actual period is normal. Stress can delay your period. However, I wouldn't think you would have spotting then.
Hi ladies!
So I went off the pill in March because I'm trying to get pregnant and the three months I started spotting brown on Wed. until Sunday when i got my actual period. This is very frustrating b/c now I'm not sure when im ovulating, or when Day1 actually starts... on the wed that my brownish light bleeding begins, or sun when i get it full fledge? How am I to determine when ovulation is actually occuring? Any suggestions would be helpful! Thank you.
hirshmommy
hi everyone, im gettin a little nervous about something and wanted to see if anyone could help me out.  My last period started on may 13th and i should be getting it again any day now. Two nights ago my boyfriend was fingering me and noticed there was blood on his fingers. I thought it was my period but it just stopped right away but today and yesterday there is a very very small amount of brown spotting i have noticed. my periods are always normal and i have never had spotting before. also, my breast are usually sore for several days before my period and this month i notice that they are not sore yet.  me and my boyfriend had protected sex a few times this month and he always pulls out and we check the condom for holes by filling it with water. i have been more stressed than usual this month so possibly that could b the reason? or is it just that my period is starting off really slow?  im worried i could be pregnant.. does anyone have advice??
your not pregnant. i think your stressing yourself out.
My dilemma:

My cycles are like clockwork. Whenever I spot, it lasts one day and the following day AF shows up and is heavy. Well this month spotting came a few days early than I expected so I buy my feminine products to prepare myself and I wake  up with no AF insight. My spotting is actually lighter than usual this month. Am I a little paranoid? This has never happened before and I'm 24. I don't think I'm stressed out for any particular reason.  I'm pretty sure I've been stressed before and nothing happened. Well I guess I am stressed with this.  I guess I'll wait to see if she shows up with all her luggage. If anybody can answer this to help ease my nerves it would be greatly appreciated!
i spotted 3 dyas did not spot on the 4th day but did on teh 5th day on the 6 day i got my period what does that mean can i be pregnant
with you getting your period its safe to say your not pregnant. however some pregnant people bleed. if your worried your pregnant the ONLY thing to do is take a test
Hello all. Got a question. My fiance and I have been ttc for awhile now. Now I had AF on June 3rd. Had intercourse on saturday June 13th on CD11. I had pain on the lower left side for a couple hours on that day. Pretty sure I ovualted anywhere between Saturday the 13th to Tuesday the16th. Ok I was due for AF on the 28th I had some light brown spotting, then light brown spotting on the 29th, turning light pinkish and knda stretchy, then back to light brown most of the 30th, then pinkish and brown today. This is wierd I have not had any cramping, heavy flow, no clotting, no bright red blood, like I usually do when AF starts. Just spotting barley needed a panty liner. Could this be implantation bleeding that is lasting  little longer then normal, I am very confused.
I say give it a few more days to make sure that your late and take a test.
I have been spotting for a few days here and there very light no liner needed only  when I wipe I took a preGnancy test and it was very  faint positive but i could only see it in the light I hd a miscarrisge over a month ago I have been feeling changes in my breast fatigue frequent urination what could be wrong
Hello.  My partner and I have been trying to get pregnant for the last couple of months. However we have had no luck, until yesterday when something got my hopes up.  I woke up yesterday morning and gelt a little wet, know that my period was due in a few days I thought it was early. The spotting was dark and very light, not even noticeable if I wasn't paying attention. However I had no more spotting after I used the restrom. Today the spotting occured again, only this time it was bright red, very light, not enough to fill a liner. I have no signs that my period due tomorrow will start, no cramping or anything. My breasts have been sore. Is there any chance that the spotting could be a sign that I might be pregnant? Please help!
I too have been trying to conceive for a while, and let me tell you it hasn't been a cake walk. After I quit taking birth control my periods were crazy for about 4 months. I had mid cycle cramping, along with early spotting one month, then just early spotting the other 3. I always got my hopes up, since I didn't feel my period coming when I had spotting but then I would have my period after like 2-3 days of spotting. It seems like this month I finally feel like I had my first normal cycle since I quit my birth control, so maybe all of the pre spotting is just because your body has a hormone imbalance, and it is just trying to level things out on its own. I was supposed to start my period yesterday, and nothing has happened so far (not even the stinking spotting!) So if you just quit taking birth control too, then I really believe that maybe your body just needs a few months to learn how to regulate itself again before you can actually conceive and thats why the spotting is happening! Hope that helps!
Well, in my case, it turns out my periods were not healthy. I have low progesterone levels (perhaps due to being overweight). I had noticed a change in my period's quality over a year ago, but I had it every month. When I first posted here, I had jus tstarted to be on Provera, which should have helped with the progersterone imbalance. It didn't. After I started spotting between periods, like all of you have metioned, I too thought I was pregnant. Turns out, I wasn't even ovulating. My last U/S showed I was retaining endometrium material. I got a D&C, and the doctor says I should be able to get pregnant. Everything looked good after the procedure. I believe she will put me on progesterone again, but possibly a higher dose. We'll see. I hope this helps with me getting pregnant because it is driving me crazy that I want a baby but it doesn't happen.

To all of you trying, hang in there, get help, and hopefully your little miracle will happen. I have all my fingers and toes crossed for both me and you. :)

i am a teenager and has gotten spotting for the first time. it started last saturday and was worst that day then eased up until today. at first i thought i am having my period but it wasnt that heavy so i wondered. some of my friends back then had said they experience white or pinkish spottings before their period, so i thought it may be like that. i should be having my period next week or so. but then i started to get worried when i remembered i had unprotected sex last week, and searched on the net that spotting 3-5 after sex can be due to implantation. i am now really worried and i dont know what to do. i think it may be too early to have some pregnancy test because i read that it should be 19 days after intercourse.
i read all the comments and felt better knowing that it could be normal, but still very worried. could it be a coincidence that i started the "normal spotting" 3-5 days after intercourse?

please help. i really am very bothered.
This has also happened to me, my period have always been regular but 5days ago me and my boyfriend had sex and I begand spotting light inkish blood, and brown blood. two times I remember laying in y sleep and feeling something taking place in my stomach, not any moving but it just felt weird like as if something was happening in their. I ignored the feeling...just yesturday I was still spotting but it was a little more heavier, today when I woke up blood began flowing(I guess that's my period) I went to the bathroom and it was like that same flow as my normal period and has been like that all day...

Am I pregnant? I never spotted before my period a day in my life, so this kind of bleeding is unusual to me
I have had spotting since my youngest child was born 9 years ago. It starts on about dpo24 and my period comes dpo 28/29. I know I am ovulating on day 14 ish as i use OPKs. I have an erosion on my cervix which they have frozen twice but it has always come back. They same my progesterone levels are fine, and the bleeding is caused by the erosion but I don't understand why this would only cause bleeding a few days before my period and not all the way through? Anyone any ideas?
Is there a chance that I may be pregnant, I have breast tenderness, I feel nausea, I have been off of the depo shot for 1 yr and me and my husband are trying to have a baby, I had breast tenderness for a couple days now, I did a home pregnancy test on monday and it was negative, my last period was august 31 to sept. 4th or 5th, and I am spotting as well, my periods are not regular....I also have a slight back ache...how soon can I do another pregnancy test....
Hi all.

I'm real nervous because my last period was August 24th. I guess my ovulation date is about September 8th or 9th. I started spotting/ bleeding small, not enough for a pad/ just a liner, on September 15th until today, September 22 (actually have a pad now b/c it's a bit more blood, but not too much)-- 7 days. I am NOT on any birth control and do not take any medications. My periods have pretty much been normal, ranging about 29 to 31 day cycles monthly. I'm supposed to start my period in 2 days, September 24th. My breasts aren't really sore like I figured they'd be. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated???? Thanks :)
Hi I am reading all your comments but no one seems to be having the same problem as me?!  I had my period on 10th September for my usual week, never any less than 6 days.  I had unprotected sex nearly everyday and quite a lot at ovulation.  I then took a 'period' on 1st October but it only lasted 3 days.  It wasn't like my normal period, far lighter but there was light pink stuff which went to red blood then brown (TMI sorry).  Now it's 13th October, my proper period should have been here on 10th, I am as regular as clockwork and still nothing. anyone have any ideas?  Please help.
All I can say is The last three months I have had my period as lasted only 4 days I was always a 6-7 day then this past Sunday every time I wipe after peeing I have a pink discharge on the toilet paper and Ive been crampy I have had alot more sex with my Husband the last two months he pull out and I really dont think Im pregnant It took me ayear each time to get pregnant with my two I have and that was not pulling out They are now 14 and 19 and I am 41 Is this something that can happen at this age all of a sudden Please someone answer me the spotting is now for three days I am due in two days Im just scared I guess If it is still doing it for a week I will call the doctor or maybe i will just get it regular in two days I heard if your pregnant it would not last this long I would welcome a baby but at 41 and always pulling out this just cant happen to me my babies are big now Im telling you if I am Im working and dad can stay home this time so sorry for sounding this way but my husband should have got fixed when I told him to
Hi! I am 41 too and experiencing  brown spotting 8 days before my period is due. It is very faint. My periods are still regular. I have four children, 18,17, 10, and 6. There have been times that I have spotted right before my period, only if my husband and I have sex. However, spotting 8 days before my period is due without intercourse is very unusual for me. We would actually love to have another child so I am hopeful. I came on here to find an answer, but the only sure way to know is wait until your period is due, then if no period, take a hpt. I have been late before because of stress, but as soon as I take the hpt my period starts! I am due to start my period 10/18. I'm hoping we are pregnant. We are leaving for a romantic vacation soon. I would love to tell my hubby while we are gone some great news! I will let you gals know what happens. Blessings!
I need 2 kno if any has experience what i'm going.Well my period always been irregular since my last baby almost 9 1/2 yrs ago.I don't have sex on the regular but my last period was Sept 13 and it normally last for 5-6 days an my cycled is between 24-28 day.I had sex on the day that i was ovulating which was the 25 of Sept.My next period isn't suppose 2 come until Oct 9,but on the the 5 of Oct I experience some bleeding that was watery and bright red nothing like my normal period which end on the Oct 9.The on the 10 & 11 light brown spotting just only when I went 2 the restroom and i wipe.I kno that's not my regular period.I been waiting 4 my period and still hasn't came.Since my ovulation date i've be experience cramping on & off just minor,but i have been bloating every since then, tired alot,using the restroom more often,breast have change a whole lot,my belly feel like it get hard at the bottom and much bigger then normal,it uncomfortable 2 sleep on my belly, and back ache on & off.I really don't know what going on but i know my body feels different can i be pregnant or not can someone tell me plz cause i'm loosing it:-)))))))
I get my periods in the late 20's of every month. My husband and I had intercourse last week and my husband was sure he did not ejaculate in me. Now i have been having spotting and some other signs of pregnancy; however, those signs are not frequent. For example i had cramps a few days back. I became nauseated a few times but not frequently. I spotted about 4 days ago and just recently it became more frequent. Are these signs of pregnancy and should i get a test now or is it too early.
Thank you and God Bless
i am 24 years old. i have always had very irregular periods. this past month i have "spotting" lasting 3 days of brown/pinkish. then immediately after the spotting  i had my period and its been 13 days and counting!!! my usual period (when i do have one) is usually 6-7 days. can someone please help??
My period is very regular 28 day cycle. About 3 months ago i started getting my period 4-5 days prior to the day it should start and the flow is heavier than normal. Secondly I started having this burning sensation in my breast. This month, two week before my period was due, I got this sharp pain that felt like my private(v) was expanding.

I have never had any such symptoms before...what could that be?
If yours is the same as mine it's almost like a light pinky brown discharge in a way.
I don't normally post things about myself, I'm more of a private person, but I've been reading all the stories, and reading up on implantation bleeding.
I was pregnant before and miscarried and now I don't have normal cycles, but I started spotting this week a light pink and I'm not suppose to start until next friday. Could it be implantation bleeding?  I also have slight cramps, but none of it's like normal cycles.
rcorn
hi
im 20 years old and have never experienced any spotting until 3 days ago. it wasn't a lot, but enough to make me nervous. i take necon 777 for birth control and have been for the last 2 years. the last time i had sex was on november 14th, and then i got my period on the 15th. it ended on the 20th. im not due to get my period until december 7th or 8th. and i started spotting on the 2nd. it wasnt brown spotting, it was red. im nervous about what might be wrong. i do have polycystic ovarian syndrome, but it hasnt affected anything before. ive never spotted before so any suggestions would be a great help!
I got my period on October 18th then I spotted for a couple of days on 2nd of November, then I got my period on the 15th of november then I spotted on the 29th and the 30th of december again brown reddish. I am supposed to fet my period on the 12th of December, but for the past 2 months I've been getting pregnancy symptoms like headaches, very tired, I feel depressed, cramping and some movement in my stomach once in a while. Is it possible that I might be pregnant? I have three kids and I had never experienced anything like this with either of them. Can someone pls help?
late.had spotting on the 11 and 12th a bit. supposed to start on the 13. its the 16th now sitll nothing. and no sign that its coming at all. which is really wierd because i usually am well aware that its coming.
just did a home preg test which came back negative.
stressed out now, which is bad because if im not pregnant and im stressing myself out it will just make me later. ahhhhh, what do i do
Viewing 1-200 comments: