spotting but not a normal period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

spotting but not a normal period

hello everyone I'm new here not sure how this works anyway i am 27 years old and i am having problems last month my period was very light almost not there and this month i started spotting but nothing more, i have the classic symptoms of being pregnant sore breasts, nausea, vomiting, backaches, and lack of a period (spotting). could i be pregnant and should i go and get a ept test?
I'm not sure what the question is? if you think you are pregnant or arent sure why wouldnt you just go get a pregnancy test and find out.  
of course you can have spotting and be pregnant, or not have spotting and be pregnant, or have spotting and not be pregnant. So take a test and find out for sure!
or am I somehow missing the point of this post? if it went over my head someone tell me and i'm sorry!
Yes, I would go get a pregnancy test for your own peace, but  either way I would call and make an appoitment with your Dr. If this is not a normal period for you. There is always a reason for everything...
gl hope everything goes the way you are wishing for!
i've been spotting for 7 days now which isnt normal its been getting a bit heavier since the 5th day but not by much my second question is should i take one right now even though i'm bleeding?
I'm in the same boat!  Spotting/bleeding for about 3 days and then no "normal" period.  Tests still say negative, but I'm pretty sure I'm pregnant.  It could be implantation bleeding.
Yes, definitely take a hpt.  Pg women can have a little bleeding around the time their next period is due.  I did not, but some do.  It tricks some women into thinking it was their period when in fact they are pg.  Take a test!

Good luck!
still hasnt stopped so me and my husband have decided to take one then go to the doctors. thank you everyone.
Yes, take one now.  You had a weird period last month and are having another weird period, so I would take one now.  If it's negative wait 1 week and take another.  If your full period does not show up and your tests still say negative, then call the doctor for a blood test.
Have you taken a HPT test yet?  If so, was it BFN or BFP.
What do those mean anyway?
Big Fat Negative, or Big Fat Positive
I'm so sorry to hear the news..
That must of been real hard for you and your husband.
I couldn't even emagine how that would of felt...
hi everyone here is my update, me and my husband went to the hospital on tuesday the clinics were closed monday and i started getting sharp pains on tuesday morning after being seen by tones of nurses and doctors having several several test done blood and urine. My test was positive however this is were the bad news starts. I had a ultrasound done and the doctors were looking over it me and my husband were very happy to be pregnant 3 months. well i had an ectopic pregnancy but it was in the ovary he was able to move it into the tube and then proceed with the follow surgery.  it seems i have much scaring tissue from when i was a child and an std from my past that i had cleared up took its toll on my tubes my left one is completely closed and i need surgery again to see if that tube is any good  however my right tube hole was much smaller then average tube which is why i had an ectopic pregnancy, i was released from the hospital this afternoon and im doing better but i have a much longer recover plus i quit smoking. so im heading in the right path thank you everyone.
Hi, I am 33 years old and this year I was diagnos with a fibroid.  Since then my periods have been very heavy and my concern is that I have not gotten my period for over a month make it 7 weeks  I have have bought over the counter pregnancy test and they come out negative.  I did spotted a few trops around my first month.  Now I dont know if anyone of you know anyone who might be suffering from fibroids and still get pregnant.  Please advise if anyone has encounter any situation like this thanks.  
Mgarcia