stabbing pain and cervix or ovaries

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

stabbing pain and cervix or ovaries

I'm 35 years old and have just recently had a stabbing pain in my cervical area (uterus) perhaps. I have this pain off and on throughout the years, but not to this extent. I was couch bound for 3 days. Ever time I moved I felt a sharp pain. It hurt to urinate because of the use of the muscle..not stinging. My GP basically told me not to worry and it was probably nothing. Well, he is definitely wrong. I had these same pains when I was 20. I finally came across a real doctor and was told after my laperoscopy, that they had removed 3 cysts from my fallopian tubes. I felt great for years. Now I am going through the battle of "the doctor vs the idiot" once again. My message is to all out there that feel they have no decision in what gets done to them medically. If you don't agree with your doctor and you know there is something wrong, you go to another one. Don't let them make you feel psychotic. I am on this mission myself. Stand strong!
Hello, this is my first posting. Iam 37years old. Last year I had a bad Bacterial infecion (infection)  and excruciating pelvic pain and low back pain with discharge .I was seen by urologist and gynocologist many many times was put on 4 antibiotics had pelvic scans ultra sounds tests after tests... ended up having laproscopic surgery and a d&c They found a small cyst on r ovary  and took out no sign of endomet. finally after months and after the surgery all got better. Again 1 year later to date I ended up going to the hospital because the pain was so bad in pelvic ares lower back discharge(no foul odor) last year there was but not related to a std . had all tests ran again  found out had another bacterial infection no odor was put on doxic. flagyl rochephin and medicine for bladder. I also have severe fibromyalgia and interstitial cystitis. Ultrasound found a small cyst on r ovary again. Pelvic pain low back pain discharge fatigue and overall sick feeling persist now for 3 months bloodwork fine wet preps show no infection... but iam ready to lose my mind with the pain and discharge. The discharge is more milky white with sometimes spots of pus almost it looks like gyno put sample under scope and it did show some inflammation cells but when sent off came back ok. i did make an appt. with a medical university hospital since the local drs say iim fine quit worrying you read to much and to them I say @#$%^&&$!!!!!! Iam not fine if I was I wouldn`t be spending all my $ at the dr`s would I My husband and I who Is Faithful of 20 some years as well as my 2 kids are the ones suffering as well If there is anyone who reads this and can give me any insight on what I feel or If they have been through this as well please email me back.  Thank you In need of some help
I have similiar problems but I am looked after as BV for now.  I had 3 months of antibiotics and it didn't get rid of it completely but I am not in extreme pain.  I decided to see an OB.  She told me to not take any antibiotic as it is not helping.  She wants me to do it the natural way but taking vitamins, drinks lots of water and eat yogurt everyday.  I am just one week off the antibiotics.  I am now getting more pain and more discharge but it is still bearable.  I think I will keep at it as it should take longer time to recover the natural way.
I have the same symptoms: My cervix hurts when I sit or move & I have lower abdomen pain.  I have dark brown discharge between periods.  I am so tired of having tests done to me that are inconclusive.  Is uncomfortable and it hurts!  I am having a HYS test next month because I am also dealing with infertility issues.  Anyway, I really hope that this test determines my problems:-(
I am 47 year's old and have had painful periods in my twenties and thirties and finally got pregnant after 15 year's of infertility issues.   I ended up having a miscarriage and when I went into the doctor's office they did an internal ultrasound found a softball size mass.    We decided on a partial hysterectomy leaving my ovaries.   I had two year's of complete painfree living and now the pain is back just as worse as before.   My ovaries swell up so bad and my abdomen gets hard as a rock.  I get shooting pains in my back , down my legs and when I sit straight down the pain shoots right up to my cervix.  There is something wrong.  My emotions are off the wall from the pain too.   Doctors just tell you there is nothing wrong.    $*%&*#)   I know my own body.   There is something wrong.   Pain like this does not occur for no reason.  I wish I could find a doctor that could help me.   They've got me wearing an Estrogren patch but it doesn't help.   I take tons of Tylenol and drink lots of Cranberry Juice thinking it is a bladder infection.   Nothing is helping.
i'm going through something similar... yet i am only 17... i went to the doctor to have a lump on the inside of my vagina checked out, and was told that i have a bacteria infektion. I was taking 2 kinds of antibiotics which seemed to help a little bit with the pain i've been having. when i got my examination it hurt the worst on my cervix... in fakt i yelped when she felt it. sometimes i have more of watery discharge with no foul smell... i had an std screening which kame up negative. sometimes i sleep 14 or more hours a day and wake up tired and sick feeling. I have not been back to the doctor since they informed me of my bacteria infektion. before all this happend i was having EXTREME abdominal pains. after alot of testing they said they kouldn't find anything that would cause it. they tried to hint that it's all in my head but i wonder why my brain would create pain for any other reason then to tell me something is wrong with my body.
wow I am surprised as to how many people have this same symptom,
well I have been experiancing the same pain now for about 14 years and I aswell spoke to my doctor about it but my pain tends to happen around or just after my period. but also the pain can be brought on by intercourse and not to go into my sexual life but my doctor told me to tell my husband not go so deep but it does'nt seem to mater intercorse can triger it just like that. I found this blog by seaching cervix pain and stumbled across all of the posts and to find out i am not the only one with this and much like the other people that have posted i am very scared as to what would be causing such a disturbing pain as it is  if anyone has anymore info please post thanks
Most of the times it just ovulation or constipation.... both of those things cause the same pain that most think are cycts...
Check when ur last period was..e

Also try pushing... like as if you were having a bowel movment,  if the pressue lets up, then ur most likley constipated..

Here in canada, health care is free, so we never get the run around because they cant take our money and give us 50 different reasons... its pretty straight forward here.

the other 2 possibilities, are cysts (which are usually harmless) or edometriosis, which is usually cured by pregnancy...  make sure you have a yearly pap and get them to swap your cervix for white blood cells, to check for any cancers as well...

I am 15 and sometimes when I am laughing or just doing whatever I will get this sharp pain in my right ovary. Then it goes away. i dont know what this is
i have had this pain for like  two years and doctors said it was normal so finalley when i had a c- section they found a cyste in my right ovarie , i didnt get it removed because they said to take birth control pills and it will dissolve it. my advice is dont wait go to the doctor and get it checked out bfore it gets worst.
hi, i have had pain down there near my ovaries fro about a week and i am too scared to go to doctors i would like to know if any one has any ideas to what it could be....  i dont get a sex drive any more and it only hurts when i lay on my back or having a poo....
I am so imbarrsed about writing this over the net but i want to know what is going on and i dont want to go to the doctors as i said i am to scared to
endometriosis is not 'cured' by pregnancy .I should know have had 4 babies and was diagnosed with endo before pregnancy with first child .Endo can go into remission for a while due to pregnancy as you are not having periods and also your hormones levels are affected by preganancy and for a while after.My youngest is 2 and endo is back in full painful force again!!
i have pain right now ,have had it for awhile fill so sick all signs would lead you to beleave prego but not so dizzy all the time want to go to dc but scared mother as cancer never had my cevic hurt so bad that it shoots down your leg and make you fill so sick,now started to day and even sicker hope to find a women dr to talk to to they would no more about women than men can any help if they had this
Not to alarm you but my mom had the same sypmtoms and she wasn´t diagnosed until 10 years later with terminal ovarian cancer... do a CA125 blood test, that should help... good luck!
Hi, I know your post is very old now, but i was just wondering if you ever found out what was really wrong with you and if there was a solution to your problem.  I share the exact same symptoms (except for the lump) as you do and many doctors failed to diagnose my condition.  These pains started two years ago, when I was seventeen as well and are far less frequent now, but I still do get them occasionally and they last up to a few hours at a time. I also have a major sleeping issues just as you do, sleeping up to fourteen hours at a time and still feeling very tired.
I am 19 years old. I have had random times where I would have this terrible skooting pain go through my ovarian and cervical areas. Some days it isn't too bad, but on others,I cannot even stand...I am worried. Does anyone know what this is?
Hello,, im 19 years old and for the last i say around 6 months i have been getting stabbing like pains threw my vagina and feels as if into my stomach,, it couldn't be a std because i have had the same sex partner for 3 years now,, and the same for him.. i only get this breath taking pains when having sex i get it most times so it kinda puts me of wanting to have sex :(. It gets that bad i cry and roll around the floor in pain get really sweaty and can't move from where im in that much pain... Can any one help me please i KNOW IM NOT PREGNANT TOO SO THAT IS NOT A REASON...
I am 30 years old, I have been having pain inside my vagina on my right inside. I feel it more when I have been up moving around and it is a throbbing tolerable pain that has occurred off and on for about 4 months. Recently this week I started spotting before my period. I started doing it 8 days before my normal period start date, I am on pill so I start due to cycle. Dies this sounnd like bacterial vaginosis or anything someone has expierienced?
am feelin the same pain as well am 18 ......i want to hear more about ur experience  am honestly upset its not going away
I've been plagued with similar symptoms - sharp stabbing pain in my cervix when I sit down, painful sex etc.  My doctor has been treating me for chronic thrush since I had my first child 18 months ago but that's now gone & I still have these symptoms.  
In my research I came across a condition called adenomyosis.  It's not widely known but the symptoms include a lot of what I've gone through & what I've read from the other posts on this page.  It's really worth reading up on it to check whether you think it applies to you.  GP's aren't educated about it apparently though it's becoming more recognised amongst gynaecologists. It can be treated but you need to be diagnosed first.  There is an online charity called the adenomyosis advice association which gives more detail than I can.  If you think this applies to you, read up on it & visit your GP with information on the condition.  It looks like this is a case of the patient educating the doctor at this point in time.  Hope this helps.
I also understand vaginismus is a condition when having painful sex. I will just be walking around and get sudden pains like someone has just inserted a knife into my cervix! It's intense and I will have to stop and ride out the wave of pain. I have had Pap smears. Urine tests. Blood tests. Internal ultrasounds. All the OB could tell me was vaginismus but it didn't explain the sharp pains when I wasn't even having sex! Which has been a very long time and I am still getting pain! I get this pain during urination too. And it's all over the place in comparison to my menstrual cycle. I'm glad I'm not alone!