staph infection long term effects

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

staph infection long term effects

My daughter had a staph infection after having a c-section. At the time she had the infection and before it was diagonised, she was unable to stand or walk. Seems it settled in her hip. This was a year ago, and she still complains every once in a while of pain in the hip. Could this be long term effects from the infection? Will this disease cause long term effects?
I am in a very simular situation! A year ago in January I was hospitalized while pregnant and got a staph infection which seemed to attack my hip... I was in the hospital for 4 months and had to use a walker and then a cane when I was released. Finally when I had my baby I had just got around to being able to walk again.

I googled hoping to find out long term effects of a staph infection and came across this post.

I am hurting really bad right now in my hip! It has been more than a year since the staph infection but I am trying desperately to figure out if this is going to continue my whole life or if it is going to become debilitating.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED
Did they refer to it as MRSA? If so, that particular type of infection takes ages to clear up. It's very resistant to medications. Not to discourage anyone but a friend of mine had abdominal surgery and ended up with MRSA. He was very sick for months and then ended up being on a maintenance dose of a medication just to keep the infection under control. It never went away completely. I do believe it can be "cured" but it will take time. Check back with your doctor to see if the staph is gone. They can probably do this by way of blood work.
Recently diagnosed with MRSA and while the infection is healing, my energies levels and way down, I'm feeling depressed and I have no ambition.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I've only been dealing with this for a couple of weeks.

Thanks,

Greg
I had a staph infection which started as MRSA.  I felt the same way as you did.  I felt tired and felt as if I could not get back on my feet.  I also felt depressed.  It gets better.  The medication truly helped.  
DiamondA added the Menstrual Cycle Tracker
LandM2009 Cd1 and we are back on trac... Comment
needhelp345 joined this community
Welcome them!
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals