stenosis of cervix and thickened lining

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

stenosis of cervix and thickened lining

I am 59, have always had yearly paps and gynecological exams. Everything has been perfect. Recently,  I had a small amount of blood and went to my gynecologist.  She found that the cervix was atrophic and ordered a transvaginal sonogram.  They found cervical stenosis and a mild thickening of the uterine lining.  They would like to do another test but can't enter the cervix to sample the endometrium.  The NP said this is usually treated with progesterone and vaginal estrace cream, however, I also was dx with a benign meningioma 2 years ago and the Neurosurgeon does not recommend any use of hormones.  Now What????

This discussion is related to Thickened uterine lining tx options.
Tags: Menopause