stomach hard

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

stomach hard

h
i am abit worried my lower stomach has bin hard for about 1month now, i took a pregnacy test about a week ago and it said i wasnt pregnant but my stomach still hasnt gone down, i cant even hold it in anymore and i have also been feeling sick though out the day, i am a little bit scared its something serious.
Have u actually missed any periods?
I'm a little puzzled by this "hard stomach" thing.  Posters sometimes write in wondering if a hard stomach means they are pregnant (usually asking this in the 2ww).  Why would that be?  Mine is way fuller than normal, but hasn't been unusually hard any time so far in this pregnancy.
hard in what way? also, has it gotten bigger?
could be anything from constipation-cyst? more info is needed really.
I think some people do Annie, mine was quite tight with my first but then thats cos Id been trying to lose weight in it and toned it up. Arhh those were the days.....
I am on my 8th pregnancy and didn't notice my tightening uterus until into my second trimester. Even still, it is only really "hard" during the braxton hicks contractions. It is baffling to me how some women will automatically assume pg, when it isn't an immediate thing. Heck, unless you have been pg multiple times, your uterus doesn't even come up out of your pelvis until after the 12th week generally.

If you are truly concerned, consult your doctor. No one here can or should attempt to dx you. It could be any number of things.

Andi
Your stomach does not start to get hard untill towards the end of your pregnancy.

This might just be gas but could be others our bodies can do wierd things sometimes, anyways my friend had the same thing as you described and she finally went to the hospital she had a blockage in her intestines that if it wasn't handled then would of ruptured and that would of been very bad. Now i am not a doctor but if this concerns you then to be safe go be seen.
with my first son i did not notice the harding of the lower stomach. but with my second son the moment i got the call stating i was prego i notice my stomach harding each month and getting bigger. starting at your hairline on up to your rib cage.
i have a unusually hard stomach, it is toned a little but for years i have ahd a sort of sticking otu lower part of my belly as my friends say Budder belly it does not hurt me in anyway, but it is there it is not excess fat its a hard round belly that is there.
HELP
my stomach is hard but it is my right side and the upper part of my belly. like between four and five months ago i was getting nausous everyday and couldnt eat much. i went to the dr and she just kinda blew it off. i cant even lay on my stomach anymore. dont know what it could be...
let me explain the hard that they are talking about i have been reading that it cant be because of pregnancy that soon but what they mean by hard is if you ever work out and you can feel the muscles that is what it is because i am having this problem it has been 32 days since my last period but mine are irregular so i cant really time much as hard as i try. i do believe that i am prego and i cant shake this feeling and everything that has happened to me my sis said happened to her while she was and she believe that i am and then a had a woman ask me if i was and she said it was just i vibe that she was picking up when she has seen me plenty of times before that this was the first time. long story short my stomach is rounding out idk if it is just because we are smaller that we notice this but it feels hard to the touch as though you felt a toned womans stomach just rounded out.