WOMEN'S HEALTH
COMMUNITY
strang lump inside vagina, very worried
by hooahbaby, Nov 15, 2006
I am 24 year old woman, I have diabeties and was diagnosed with PCOS about 5 years ago, I had a vaginal exam and the dr. said taht she could feel cysts on my ovaries nothing was ever done about it the dr. told me it was nothing to worry about. Ever since I started my period at 9 I have bled very heavy blood clots pushing the tampons out and things like that at the moment I have been on my period for 3 months I am very tired the last time i had my iron level checked 8 months ago it came back 14. The past two years my hair has started to thin out and even fall out when I wash it, when i bleed it I have terrible cramps around my ovaries and become nausis and even throw up at times. I have recently found a large lump about half the size of a a golf ball inside my vagina about an inch up inside and against the front wall of my vagina I have been reading on here about cysts and fyrboids but I am not really sure what this might be, I have no insurance and am  going to go to the free clinic that we have here in town, but I would feel a lot of better if perhaps someone here might have had this or has this or has heard something about this. I would appreciate any help and in advance I thank you all.
Member Comments (35)
by oceans3, Nov 15, 2006
do you think the lump could be a cystocyle or rectocyle? not sure about the spelling but i saw a lumpy thing in there as well and did a lot of looking up online. that's what my "lump" seemed to match the most. i went to my obgyn and it was neither. she told me its "rugae" which is natural in the vagina. kind of a corregated cardboard appearance.
by hooahbaby, Nov 15, 2006
hmmm not sure, but I will look that up and see if it matches what I seem to have, thank you for posting :)
by hooahbaby, Nov 15, 2006
I looked up both cystocele and the rugae neither look like what I have, this is not falling out like the pictures show with the cystocele this is the best way I can describe what it feels like because I cannot actually see it, it is not coming down from high in the vagina it is right on the wall of my vagina about an inch inside and it feels like a nub like when you see one of those little dogs and they have cut their tails off and there is just that little nub attached that is what this is like I know that is a strage way to describe it but that is the only thing I can think of that it feels like. the pictures of cystocele do not match what i feel at all, but there were two things I found for one was the bladder coming out and drooping this is not that I really dont think it is like that but I did find one site that said something about it being like a vaginal hernia and that matches a little more with what it might be I think just not sure how I got it if that is it I have had no children and don't have any trouble with going to the bathroom I do lift weights and work out but nothing strenious. again I thank you for your post and if any one else has any thoughts or ideals I would appreicate them thank you :)
by xrayu2, Nov 15, 2006
Small normal cysts can develop in vaginal canal.  Bartholin(sp?) gland/cyst.
by hooahbaby, Nov 15, 2006
It does not hurt at all, not sure what color because I cannot see it it feels solid like thick tissue maybe does not feel like it has any liquid in it it can move side to side a little I just got over a yeast infection and when I would put the tube thing up there I would have to put it in at an angle because the thing is mostly in the middle but will move a little to either side.
by oceans3, Nov 15, 2006
hmmm...i mean half a golf ball size is quite large in my eyes. does it hurt/sore? what color is it? has it grown in size? does it feel as if ther is a liquid in there? like able to move around?
by Momma of 3, Nov 25, 2006
I have something similar - not sure what kind of cyst. I would like to know where to look to see pictures to try and determine also what I may have.  There are 2 of them and my doctor aswell told me not to worry until the bother me - but when is when?
by hales2, Jul 24, 2007
i recently have found that i have a lump or ball on the inside wall of my vagina it has never been there before...it is about the size of a penny and when i feel it it feels like it is only partly attached like it hangs down...i do have alot of sex with my boyfriend could it be from that or is it a tumor or something

please help me!
by hales2, Jul 25, 2007
i went to the doctor and found out that the little ball i was feeling is my cervix and the reason my boyfriend felt it in sex and just in general was because i wasnt sexually stimulated they said when you are sexually stimulated your cervix goes up and when your not it hangs down they said that during the day it always hangs down and that is normal...i just thought this would be useful information for someone...i went through invasive exams to find out that everything is normal and where it is suppost to be just my luck right?...i hope i save someone some trouble! : )