strang lump inside vagina, very worried

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

strang lump inside vagina, very worried

I am 24 year old woman, I have diabeties and was diagnosed with PCOS about 5 years ago, I had a vaginal exam and the dr. said taht she could feel cysts on my ovaries nothing was ever done about it the dr. told me it was nothing to worry about. Ever since I started my period at 9 I have bled very heavy blood clots pushing the tampons out and things like that at the moment I have been on my period for 3 months I am very tired the last time i had my iron level checked 8 months ago it came back 14. The past two years my hair has started to thin out and even fall out when I wash it, when i bleed it I have terrible cramps around my ovaries and become nausis and even throw up at times. I have recently found a large lump about half the size of a a golf ball inside my vagina about an inch up inside and against the front wall of my vagina I have been reading on here about cysts and fyrboids but I am not really sure what this might be, I have no insurance and am  going to go to the free clinic that we have here in town, but I would feel a lot of better if perhaps someone here might have had this or has this or has heard something about this. I would appreciate any help and in advance I thank you all.
do you think the lump could be a cystocyle or rectocyle? not sure about the spelling but i saw a lumpy thing in there as well and did a lot of looking up online. that's what my "lump" seemed to match the most. i went to my obgyn and it was neither. she told me its "rugae" which is natural in the vagina. kind of a corregated cardboard appearance.
hmmm not sure, but I will look that up and see if it matches what I seem to have, thank you for posting :)
I looked up both cystocele and the rugae neither look like what I have, this is not falling out like the pictures show with the cystocele this is the best way I can describe what it feels like because I cannot actually see it, it is not coming down from high in the vagina it is right on the wall of my vagina about an inch inside and it feels like a nub like when you see one of those little dogs and they have cut their tails off and there is just that little nub attached that is what this is like I know that is a strage way to describe it but that is the only thing I can think of that it feels like. the pictures of cystocele do not match what i feel at all, but there were two things I found for one was the bladder coming out and drooping this is not that I really dont think it is like that but I did find one site that said something about it being like a vaginal hernia and that matches a little more with what it might be I think just not sure how I got it if that is it I have had no children and don't have any trouble with going to the bathroom I do lift weights and work out but nothing strenious. again I thank you for your post and if any one else has any thoughts or ideals I would appreicate them thank you :)
It does not hurt at all, not sure what color because I cannot see it it feels solid like thick tissue maybe does not feel like it has any liquid in it it can move side to side a little I just got over a yeast infection and when I would put the tube thing up there I would have to put it in at an angle because the thing is mostly in the middle but will move a little to either side.
hmmm...i mean half a golf ball size is quite large in my eyes. does it hurt/sore? what color is it? has it grown in size? does it feel as if ther is a liquid in there? like able to move around?
Small normal cysts can develop in vaginal canal.  Bartholin(sp?) gland/cyst.
I have something similar - not sure what kind of cyst. I would like to know where to look to see pictures to try and determine also what I may have.  There are 2 of them and my doctor aswell told me not to worry until the bother me - but when is when?
i recently have found that i have a lump or ball on the inside wall of my vagina it has never been there before...it is about the size of a penny and when i feel it it feels like it is only partly attached like it hangs down...i do have alot of sex with my boyfriend could it be from that or is it a tumor or something

please help me!
i went to the doctor and found out that the little ball i was feeling is my cervix and the reason my boyfriend felt it in sex and just in general was because i wasnt sexually stimulated they said when you are sexually stimulated your cervix goes up and when your not it hangs down they said that during the day it always hangs down and that is normal...i just thought this would be useful information for someone...i went through invasive exams to find out that everything is normal and where it is suppost to be just my luck right?...i hope i save someone some trouble! : )
about 3-4 weeks ago i noticed a lump a little bigger than a quarter on the top right inside of my vagina. it moves around if i touch it and if i press up it kinda hurts. i have a feeling of having to go to the bathroom but nothing comes out, this gets worse at night. sometimes especially at night it feels like my vagina is bulging or swelling and almost falling down. when i feel the lump it feels kind of hard, kind of soft and has a weird texture i cannot explain. i have just recently moved and am trying to get health insurance untill i'm approved there is nothing i can do and i dont have the money to go to a clinic, i would really really like some advice on what this might be becuase i've looked all over the internet and can't find anything to match it. if i knew what it was it would ease my worrying that it might be cancer or something extremley serious!! if anyone knows ANYTHING please let me know i'm losing sleep!!
i found a small lump about the size of a nickel on the inside bottom center of my vagina.  It feel really hard at first, but I can press on it and it will flatten out.  It is not very painful, just really dull pain.  anyone have any idea what it might be?  I get freaked out whenever I think anything is medically wrong with me!  Plan on making an appt. with my OBGYN on monday.  Just wondering if anyone was experinecing the same. Thanks.
I feel something lump or ball inside my wife's vagina. Is it normal?
i have a lump on the side ov  my vagina near my clit i dnt no what it is n im really scared help please
i have a little ball or bump on the side of my vagina of the left wall. Its it like the size of a pimple pretty small. It doesnt hurt or itch. Does anyone have any idea of what it can be?
To everyone. I freaked out when I felt that large lump on the top part of the inside of my vagina. In my case I just stuck my finger up there to make sure I didn't have a tampon there before I put another in. It felt like half the size of a gulf ball! I'm a hypochondriac as it is but this is nothing to worry over! That big hard lump is your cervix. All vaginas are straight for an inch or two then have that lump and take a deep curve. If you feel a dent in that lump it's the opening to your uterus
also the closer you are to your period the lower your cervix will be. The further from your period, the higher. As for tiny little bumps on the inside,  I have found those before maybe once and it just went away
those wouldn't explain a serious disease so don't worry! Hope that helped :)
But what if the lump is on the bottom ?  And I can pass it
great anser Adrilm!  I was concerned about a possible missing tampon and found a large lump coming down from the back of the vagina.  Not ever really exploring up there before I kinda freaked out!  Thinking either eurika its the tampon or (of course I have to think of the worst)  a large tumor or something!  Now bwing that I just went to the OBGYN last month im sure a lump this large would have been noticed!
So..  using my (clean) hands a lamp and a mirror I looked inside myslef for the first time and saw it???  But was a little confused still so googled what a cervix looed like and yes.  It was merly my cervix!  Happy I can spare myself te day off of work to go to the doctors from wither pulling at my cervix causing an infection or being told it was just that!  
Anyway hope my story helps!  I suggest that if you feel any discomfort or smell anything different from that area make an appointment!  This is your body, fetility, and life!  Worth the visit!
So what happend to you?
I hear if its close to your period the cervix can pertrude far low
verse any other time of the month??  Did you pass a tampon?  or something else!

ps sorry about my typing
I KNOW IT I SKIND OF LATE, BUT I HOPE YOU HAVE FOUND ANSWERS, BUT IF i NOT I WOULD LIKE TO ASK HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN USING TAMPONS. I USED THEM FOR THREE YEARS AND IT GOT AS BAD AS ME PASSING HUGE BLOOD CLOTS AND TERRIBLE CRAMPS. I NOW HAVE BEEN USING PADS FOR SIX YEARS NOW AND MY PERIOND IS LOVELY ANLY LAST FOUR DAYS AND HARDLY NO CRAMPS AND NO BLOOD CLOTS AND NO MORE HEAVY BLEEDING. I DON'T KNOW IF YOU HEARD OF WOMEN GETTING TOXIC SHOCK FROM TAMPONS OR NOT, BUT ALL WOMEN CAN'T USE TAMPONS. I'M 25 NOW AND I STOPPED AT 19 BECAUSE IT WAS UNBEARABLE. SO TRY NOT USING TAMPONS FOR ABOUT THREE MONTHS. IT SHOULD GET A LITTLE BIT BETTER EVERY MONTH. I WAS OUT OF PADS ONE DAY AND MY COUSIN ONLY HAD TAMPONS, SO I USED ONE THINKING IT WOULD HURT SINCE IT'S BEEN YEARS SINCE THE LAST TIME I USED ONE. I KIDD YOU NOT IN FIVE MINUTES MY WALLS WERE THROBBING WITH PAIN, FELT LIKE I HAD A PULSE THAT HURTS INSIDE MY VAGINA, SO I TOOK THE TAMPON OUT AND USED TISSUE UNTIL I GOT HOME. IT WAS A RELIEF TO TAKE IT OUT. I'LL NEVER EVEN TRY TAMPONS AGAIN....
also have a pea sized jellish growth on the outer part of my left lip. have it years. its skin color and doesnt hurt. i examined d inside of my vagina last night and when i looked into my vagina i saw what i can only describe as(the little pink thihg that hangs atthe bak of ur throat, like a punch bag) well i saw a few pink things that resembled the thing in ur throat, like a few of them 2geder. dont know if this is normal. iv had smears and im clear of anything,does any1 else have this cluster of things inside their vagina just as u open ur vagina to look in. please help. my sis ses dey r normal. thank u x

gill-babe
Hi, I was reading what people have previously posted here and I'm in a similar situation. I'm nearing the end of my period, everything seemed fine, I haven't felt any different but as I was inserting a tampon I noticed a large lump on the inside of my vagina near the top though I can feel that you can get past it. The lump is quite large and rather distressing for me as I've never noticed any such thing before, I didn't notice it during my last period (I use tampons). I'm 18 and have only ever had one partner. I'm just worried whether this is cancer or something. It is as hooahbaby described as a kind of nub, its not painful to touch. I'm extremely worried at the moment as I've never inspected myself before and I'm worried I might have missed it growing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou
im 15 and iv been having sex with my boyfriend for about a month and half now and the last couple of days we have been having it alot, without protection and im not on the pill or anything the other day my boyfriend found a smallish round ball inside my vagina more to the right side, i or  him have never felt it before im really worried and i dont know what it is, it dosnt hurt or anything but im scared it could put me in danger please help me :(
thanks
okay - stop worrying guys. I have 'other problems' so am seeing a dr any hoot - but, i also have a lump below the cervix to the left on the front wall of the vagina. sometimes it is harder than other and it does change position.
the softer rounder thing with the 'dimple' in it is you cervix. sometimes it is up and sometimes it comes down - depending on ovulation.
the other lump (that i described first) is either the neck of your uterus (your womb usually folds forward after the cervix) or it is the tip of the bladder. so relax. its normal! stop prodding it!! x
Hey guys
i had the same thing..
a lump on the wall and it was really playing on my mind, didnt hurt but you could feel it even when sitting down.. it never hurt during s*x with my boyfriend but he could feel it..
anyway cut long story short i went for examination after a week as was reading up about it and it scared me what i was reading
for me it was actually my bladder the vagina walls are weakened and the bladder is actually bulging down into the walls thats the lump i could feel the lump was about half the size a golf ball. i have to do pelvic muscle exercises but she told me there is nothing to worry about.
so girls get examined!! =)
doesnt hurt if uve had a smear done before its just like that xD

I think mine is growing a little bigger, abt size of a golf ball.
Searched fr website, it can be size of peanut or an orange.... :(
I was once told by dr (few yrs back) that it was called cyst. According to what she said... same thing – nothing to worry unless it's growing or discomfort during s*x....
I'm becoming worry, 'cus that  thing is causing itchiness at the end of vaginal wall with yellow discharges...
worst – it is causing pressure to the wall...
guess may be operation is the only way to get rid.
read these  http://www.healthscout.com/ency/68/308/main.html
I Am 57 Yrs. Old. I Have A lump The Size Of A Golf Ball;It Feels Like It Goes Back To The Rectum; Pressure; Cramps; Very Uncomfortable; One Thing Is I Havn't Had A Period Since 2000. I Am Very Concerned. It Is Hard For Me To Go To The Bathroom; Moving My Bowels; And I Have To Push To Uranite..
when you feel up inside the vagina right at the top and feel a "half golfball" this is your cervix- the opening to your womb :)
I went to my doctor about 3 months ago because of yellow discharge but she said everything was normal and to let her know if it doesn't go away. I am going back tomorrow because the discharge has not stopped, AND I found a lump inside my vagina! It feels like it's about the size of a peeled grape... not really painful but very alarming. Needless to say, I'm freaked out. I will let you know after I go to the doctor tomorrow. -Liz
i am 43 years old and i recently noticed a pink discharge after sex and during sex it burns inside my vagina.i finally figured out it was blood.i decided to investigate on my own so i took a qtip and rubbed the spot that burns and it came out bloody every time i tried it.the spot is'nt very far inside.i've had a hysterecomy quite a few years ago so i know its not period blood.i have so many problems already this is just something else to worry about.i worry about vaginal cancer
I am a 40 year old mother of 2, 21 & 15 I am a full figured woman and I have allways had a fat cat, but I just finished my monthly and I was washing up and this lump thats  in the inside of my vagina allmost seemed like it was just about to come out of my vagina so I pushed it up it went up a little bit, not painfull at all but will it ever go away or get smaller? Is there any site that can explain it to you or even show  you a picture of it?
im crying all the time, im moody, my hair will not stop falling out,i have pins & needles all the time, all i want to do is sleep & i have always had about 15 x 1 cm on each ovaries that *** & go..........& now i have 4 huge lumps up my fanny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! plz help me i carnt sleep
Hi Cyn85,

Please visit this site: http://www.***********/groups/national-cervical-cancer-coalition/

Also, go to a doctor----if you can afford it. If you can't afford it, find a way.......it is your health you are working with. Keep your spirits positive by knowing you are not alone at all with your concerns.
I am 18 too and have the same problem only mine hurts when touched very badly almost to the point of tears and vomiting.......... I don't use tampons but they never bothered me before we just found it recently and it seems to just be getting bigger..........
Don't worry!

I had mine operated during 2010 at KK. And its gone! Its not cervix or even cyst. According to Doc, its juz a lump on the wall which somehow contained the discharge through yrs & tat's why the size getting bigger.

Its Doc Yeoh, he had it cut abt 2cm long, & there goes the discharge.... then he removed the accessed skin...

I'm like having a new life after this thing is gone, although Doc said it may be formed in future, but I really feel good now!