swollen, sore, bruised vagina.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

swollen, sore, bruised vagina.

My boyfriend and I had sex this morning and everything was fine, I didn't feel sore or anything then later on during the day we did stuff (hand and finger) and when we finished I got up and felt a sharp pain that almost made me scream. I thought he had accidently cut me like he has done before by accident so I went to the toilet and the walk there was very painful, I could barely walk. Expecting it to hurt when I pee'd but it didn't so I looked down there to notice my vagina was very swollen near my left lip..I felt the skin to see what it was that was hurting me and there was a big lump, hard feeling thing underneath the skin of my vagina. I put paw paw cream on it to see if the swelling might go down then about an hour and a half later I went to the toilet to notice it has gone purple, like a bruise.
My boyfriend and I have sex weekly usually and this has never happened.. My friend said she had something similar but no sign of bruising..
I'm in so much pain and I don't know what this is. Can someone please help?