swollen and itching perineum
I have been worried sick and cannot seem to find any answers.  Around a month ago I developed an itch in my perineum area.  Then around 2 weeks later my perineum became swollen and has stayed that way.  Two weeks ago I went to an urgent center where they did a pap test and a urine test.  The doctor looked at the area and said that the area was scratched but she did not see any blisters or anything.  I have had HPV in the past and she said stress levels may have caused that to flare up.  Also, at that visit I was diagnosed with Chlamydia and a bacterial infection in my cervix (non-STD).  I was given an antibiotic shot and antibiotics to take the next day (which I did).  I was also given an antibiotic gel to use for the cervical infection (which I did).  Now it is two weeks later and the itch still comes and goes and the perineum is still swollen.  I have also noticed some dark spots on the skin in that area.  I don't know if they have always been there or not (before this discomfort I had never investigated that area).  I have searched and searched online and cannot seem to find any answers.  I am going to get to my ob-gyn as soon as possible, but she is 3 hours away from where I live right now so it is a bit difficult.
See the doc anyway. You maybe swelling from the scratching. Also with so much antibiotics and stress  you may have developed thrush. Try natural Yoghurt in that area and see if the swelling decreases.  If you are constipated too that area can swell.  Take care and see the doc and try not to scratch the brown spots maybe scars from the scratching and will fade away.  Good luck!