swollen and itchy labia

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

swollen and itchy labia

I just had my 2nd baby about 2 months ago and ever since things have been weird on my girl parts. I know that having a baby things get messed up but this is different. I have all healed up and Im pretty positive its nothing to do with having a baby. After my baby was born I got called back in for additional blood testing. The result was that I have hsv but Im not sure if its type 1 or 2. Im pretty sure its type 1 cuz I havent had anything that seems to be type 2. I have resurched type 2 and the only symtom I have that goes with type 2 is the itchyness. A few weeks ago My right labia was swollen and I had a small cut like thing on the outside of the labia in the crees. It was painful. The swelling went down the same day and the cut was gone by the next day. I had had sex the night before so I just thought it was from having sex cuz my doc said that your skin is thinned out from having a baby. But today I woke up with the left side itchy and very swollen and red. When I first looked at it this morning the whole left side was swollen all the way down to the enterance of my vagina then after a half hour the swelling kinda moved the the tip of my left labia but there didnt seem to be a head or ball or blister or anything. Its just swollen. I havent had sex in about a week so its not from that. Can anyone help??
Itching and swelling around labia can be due to a number of causes. First of all it can be due to allergic reaction or contact dermatitis to your undergarments, sanitary napkins or tampons, soaps etc.There is no change in the colour or smell of discharge in this case.

Secondly, It can be due to vaginal infections or STD’s like Chlamydia or thrush for which you need to consult a doctor.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing

KTowne, and Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
KTowne 26 weeks, feeling blessed a... Comment
Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals