swollen "cyst" next to vaginal opening
I have a large "knot" that is egg-shaped next to my vaginal opening. My doctor thought it was a bartholin cyst and sent me to a gynecologist. He said it was not a bartholin cyst and had "no idea" what it was. I went back to my doctor, and, she never mentioned it again. I lost my health insurance and my doctor moved. This lump is sore when I sit and when I stand for long periods, I feel lots of pressure and pain radiating from this area through my right hip and thigh. Any idea what this could be? Has anyone else experienced this? I have an appt. next week for a possible prolapsed uterus. Could these be related?
I am just totally overwhelmed and flabbergasted by the number of stupid, ill trained doctors out there practicing what amounts to 2nd rate Voodoo on the trusting, but sick and injured among us.
I guess I can't put too much on your regular GP. While she got the name of the cyst wrong and quite possibly that it even WAS a cyst, she at least had the self-awareness to send to you somebody who should have known what the hell it was.
And one could ALMOST forgive the gynecologist for having "no idea" what it was, but the buck stops right there. If he/she didn't know what it was, they should have referred you to a specialist immediately since you were obviously in pain from some "unknown" growth on your vagina. When you went back to your GP, you said she didn't even mention it. Why didn't YOU? I would have been pitching a hissy fit by then! Two doctors who had no idea what was wrong and did absolutely nothing? Completely unacceptable. I truly hope the doctor you're seeing next week is NOT the same quack you just saw. Lord only knows WHAT he'd make of a prolapsed uterus!
I'm afraid the answer to both of questions is "I don't know." I don't have a clue what the mystery lump could be and I've no idea if it could be related to a possible prolapse.
I wish you the very best, and that includes some new doctors.
Peace
Greenlydia